test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Which is the best Space set to enhance gravity well?

As the title states (and apologies for this not being in what was the shipyard section, I cant seem to find it).
Im looking for a space set for my sci toon that enhances grav well, specifically the pull. Ive found that pulling larger numbers of enemies into one spot is often more useful than the damage of the well itself. To this end I have enhanced the damage somewhat, but focused more on the pull.
Currently I am using the borg space set, but this was just because I had the marks at the time. I am now looking to refine and enhance this build so your input would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Nimoysig1_zpsr79joxz3.jpg
"If this will be our end, then I will have them make SUCH an end as to be worthy of rememberance! Out of torpedos you say?! Find me the ferengi!".

Best Answers

• Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    Answer ✓
    While all answers are correct, the answer to it is complicated.

1) The Obelisk warp core is the #1 warp core since it gives you the most Aux power hence the most damage.

2) Now for the 4 science consoles (out of 5). If you want a healthy balance of pull and damage, go for the new R&D sci consoles that boost exotic damage and get either of the ones that boost both grav and part gens. It depends on your goal whether you go more part gens, more grav gens, or buy 2 and 2 and balance the boost.

3) Get the R&D level sci and RCS console in either part gens or grav gens variety.

4) The Romulan/Reman deflectors are best for grav gens, the Solanae deflector is best for part gens.

5) Tachy console boosts grav gens, same goes for assimilated module.

6) Nukara rep console boosts part gens and the grav anchor boosts exotic damage.

7) Being a Joined Trill gives you a slight boost to both with its trait.

8) Using OSS right before sending that GW off will greatly increase its damage. Just OSS1 is more than enough.

9) Always use the sci R&D trait and I think Astrophysicist also gives a boost.

10) Remember you can equip a doff to make GW aftershocks and the one to disable engines for more CC.

11) Equipping the grav torpedoes with TS is a nice addition when using GW.

I think I've covered all the bases, but I'm doing all this from memory so I might have forgotten some item like a random ship console. So max out one or the other (or both) and see what works out better for you. personally I went for high grav gens and decent part gens for maximum pull and damage

• Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,524 Arc User
    Answer ✓
    FYI, all rep and reward warp cores get AMP at ultra rare.

Answers

• Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    Either the Assimilated or the Romulan / Reman Sets.
  • Options
    groomofweirdgroomofweird Member Posts: 1,045 Arc User
    ah ok, so I'm on the right track then? I had heard that the solanae set might be worth a look?
    Honestly I'm something of sci novice, not in terms of skills, but in terms of builds.
    "If this will be our end, then I will have them make SUCH an end as to be worthy of rememberance! Out of torpedos you say?! Find me the ferengi!".
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,524 Arc User
    You might be better off just getting a Graviton Generator console. Some particular set deflector might include grav gens, but other sets might increase overall damage or give you a special skill like the Iconian core "hot restart" for offline weapons.

My fed science captain uses tetryons so I use the Nukara and Butterfly sets because both improve damage and add a clicky attack. If I wanted more grav gens I'd add a console.
  • Options
    oh im using grav generator consoles :) im just looking to see if theres a better set, or mix and match sets that will really take that pull up.
  • Options
    royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    Solanae warp core or Singularity core works well with Assimilated or Rom/Reman set, as neither has a core and the Solanae core boosts AUX. Also, the Jem'Hadar deflector has a better Graviton Gen boost than the Assimilated set, so that is also worth looking at.
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • Options
    The solanae core sounds interesting, does that come with [AMP] at any particular rarity? I beleive I do have this in my inventory.
    Thankyou for your input :)
  • Options
    Hats off to you sir, couldnt have asked for a better reply for my needs, thank you. :)
  • Options
    FYI, all rep and reward warp cores get AMP at ultra rare.

that is very good to know and I did not know that as a general rule, thank you.