test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Gaining Reputation for Late Starters

thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
The Issue: I believe it is time to have a serious discussion on the Reputation System. As it stands, a player has to join 5 man queue and successfully complete it in order to be rewarded with the specific Rep Marks for each faction that has a Rep System.

The Problem: Older Rep's no longer attract enough players to even start one of those queues. This leaves NEW Players out in the cold because they just can't get those Marks. Also, there are Veteran Players who go back and forth between reps and perhaps don't queue with the current faction's rep which eventually leaves them behind as well. Stuck in the Lens of the 5-Man Requirement.

The Discussion Question: How can Cryptic give anyone the chance to go back to older Reps to earn those Marks WITHOUT any player relying on the assistance of any other player.

My Two Cents: Make another version of the existing queues that can be engaged by the masses of Solo Players. The solo version would of course not reward as many marks as the five man event queues. Or at the very least, somehow make the group rep events more desirable than the solo versions. If a person really wants to keep to the canon Star Trek setting, that is, ONE Ship (U.S.S. Enterprise, A, B, C, D, E, F, etc.) with ONE Captain (Kirk, Picard, etc.) verses The Universe then so be it. Those types Will NOT Care if it takes them longer to get all the rep marks they need to "buy" the rep gear that they Want.

Onward: Please, let us have a civil discussion that grows so large the devs are forced to deal with it. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. Discuss!!!​​
STAR TREK
lD8xc9e.png

Comments

• ladytiamat666ladytiamat666 Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    As it stands, a player has to join 5 man queue and successfully complete it in order to be rewarded with the specific Rep Marks for each faction that has a Rep System.

You already have solo missions for each of the reputations : Omega (several ground missions), Nukara (several ground missions), Romulan (space solo missions = system patrols), Dyson & Counter Command (space solo missions or capture points - plus ground ones for Dyson rep- that don't require several players), Delta (space - system patrols- & ground solo missions) and Iconian (two ground solo missions). There is no need to add something. And if you were talking of the elite marks, you have a 20-hours cooldown mission to convert 100 marks -> 1 elite mark (BNP, APC, and so on).

If you want to catch up, the best way is also to do the CC event (plenty of players, no problem to join the queue), and for romulan / nukara / omega marks, the red alerts.
    Post edited by ladytiamat666 on
    signature%201.jpg_zpsklpuyd7v.png
  • guljarolguljarol Member Posts: 979 Arc User
    While I wish some queues were more active so that I could play them, and experience those stories, the lack of activity is not a problem for a new player to complete reputation.

I'm a new player, started in March, and had no problems with getting marks to reach T5 of all reps on 4 toons I play, and to dress them, their ships, and their boffs in rep gear. There are many other options to get marks beside the queues, so I don't think anyone can get stuck with something unless they hate that particular activity.

One-player versions of missions would be nice. I could play those empty ones. We all could. But, fortunately, being unable to play them doesn't make it impossible to get marks.​​
  • dalnar83dalnar83 Member Posts: 2,420 Arc User
    I had some problem, when I came back month or so ago. The easiest way for me was...

Omega marks from borg alerts
    Nukara and Rom marks from tholian alerts
    Iconian marks from Gates of grethor
    Other marks from Borg Disconnected

You can also get lots of romulan marks from New Romulus and Delta/Iconia marks from Kobali ground.
    "Cryptic Studio’s Jack Emmert (2010): Microtransactions are the biggest bunch of nonsense. I like paying one fee and not worrying about it – like my cellphone. The world’s biggest MMO isn’t item based, even though the black market item GDP is bigger than Russia … microtransactions make me want to die.”
  • thegdthadmanthegdthadman Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    You already have solo missions for each of the reputations : Omega (several ground missions), Nukara (several ground missions), Romulan (space solo missions = system patrols), Dyson & Counter Command (space solo missions or capture points - plus ground ones for Dyson rep- that don't require several players), Delta (space - system patrols- & ground solo missions) and Iconian (two ground solo missions).

This may need to be made more clear to players. I've been in the game for over a year now, and this message is the first I've heard that there are ample solo options for earning marks for all the reputations.

• grtiggygrtiggy Member Posts: 444 Arc User
    may i just ask what the solo ground mission is that gives iconian marks? cause ive never heard of there being one.