Author: guljarol
Code: ST-HS5IS3V2A

Name: [Rom] Liberate Donatra KDF
Starting Location: Noro System, BQ
Level: 41+
Faction: Rom-KDF
Code: ST-HHXEQDS9T

Note: It's the same mission. I imported it to the KDF side, so that all Romulans can play. It's also appropriate for both Republic and Imperial Romulans. And for Remans too :)

Takes about 20 min to complete.

My first one, so all tips and comments are welcome.​​
Post edited by guljarol on

Comments

• Options
    guljarolguljarol Member Posts: 979 Arc User
    CkXdqTO.jpg

Name: [Rom] [Ico] Refuge
    Starting Location: Aelas System, BQ
    Level: 61+
    Faction: Rom-Fed
    Code: ST-HUR9NLBOH

Name: [Rom] [Ico] Refuge KDF
    Starting Location: Aelas System, BQ
    Level: 61+
    Faction: Rom-KDF
    Code: ST-HFJY7RQ2N

Note: It's the same mission. I imported it to the KDF side, so that all Romulans can play. It's intended for Romulan Republic characters.

Runs approx. 30-45 min.​​
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Hey I just ran through the FED version and I really like what you did with this one. Great use of objectives and solid writing and visuals to boot. It very much does what it says on the tin, you could say, but having a strong, objective driven mission is a very nice change from the sort of things I've been building lately (felt quite a bit like a few Iconian War FE's, in a good way). Combat was also very well scaled too (required effort but not overwhelming).

Altogether it's fun, STO plot thread filling, stuff. Now with that said here's a few nit-picks which might make for good edit fodder. :)
    • Think about using [OCC] and [Missioninfo] text modifiers in mission description (just to pretty it up) and be a bit more specific about where the Noro system is (I had to go to the system list)
    • Ferengi contact had no waypoint in big open space map. It wasn't a problem but it could have been if I started wandering.
    • You could more simply explain detection of borg distress signal (their version of a general distress call, omega force intercepted it, there's a few ideas you could play around with here.)
    • Damaged cube should probably be alone in space, having the borg station and assimilated planet there does question why the cube had to send out for help. I know it works thematically but it does bring up those practical questions which niggle at the plot.
    • By chance in my playthrough, the BOFF who brought up the remans was reman. Yay!
    • More battle damage around cube would be nice. There's some, but you could go all out on this to fill a bit more of the empty space and really nail the setting. You might even start heavy with lots battle damage (there's also general "debris" pieces too) and then ease up as you progress through (presenting as part of the visual background that the borg are regenerating.)
    • When borg console fries, “the borg sabotaged it themselves” is just a wee bit redundant. Could just say “the borg sabotaged it”
    • I kept running to end of final hallway in cube before completing previous objectives. Any way to block progress until it's time to move on with that one too?
    • "Alien" captain option for ROM dialog would be nice. ;)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    guljarolguljarol Member Posts: 979 Arc User
    Hey I just ran through the FED version and I really like what you did with this one. Great use of objectives and solid writing and visuals to boot. It very much does what it says on the tin, you could say, but having a strong, objective driven mission is a very nice change from the sort of things I've been building lately (felt quite a bit like a few Iconian War FE's, in a good way). Combat was also very well scaled too (required effort but not overwhelming).

First of all, thanks for playing :)
    Altogether it's fun, STO plot thread filling, stuff. Now with that said here's a few nit-picks which might make for good edit fodder. :)
    • Think about using [OCC] and [Missioninfo] text modifiers in mission description (just to pretty it up) and be a bit more specific about where the Noro system is (I had to go to the system list)

Good point about Noro system. I always go to the list myself, so I didn't think about being more specific, but adding a sector wouldn't hurt.
    [*] Ferengi contact had no waypoint in big open space map. It wasn't a problem but it could have been if I started wandering.

I'll have to take a look at that, because there should be a waypoint.
    [*] You could more simply explain detection of borg distress signal (their version of a general distress call, omega force intercepted it, there's a few ideas you could play around with here.)

I'll think about that.
    [*] Damaged cube should probably be alone in space, having the borg station and assimilated planet there does question why the cube had to send out for help. I know it works thematically but it does bring up those practical questions which niggle at the plot.
    [*] More battle damage around cube would be nice. There's some, but you could go all out on this to fill a bit more of the empty space and really nail the setting. You might even start heavy with lots battle damage (there's also general "debris" pieces too) and then ease up as you progress through (presenting as part of the visual background that the borg are regenerating.)

All good points. This was a very first map I dealt with ever, so I didn't really know much what I could do with it, and what options I had available. I may experiment with it some more.
    [*] By chance in my playthrough, the BOFF who brought up the remans was reman. Yay!

:)
    [*] When borg console fries, “the borg sabotaged it themselves” is just a wee bit redundant. Could just say “the borg sabotaged it”

I wanted it to be emphasised, but English isn't my native language, so I can be "off" often. I'll edit it.
    [*] I kept running to end of final hallway in cube before completing previous objectives. Any way to block progress until it's time to move on with that one too?

Maybe adding an invisible wall in the entrance to that hallway would fix that. "No go" until you finish your job in THIS room first! ;)
    [*] "Alien" captain option for ROM dialog would be nice. ;)

Ha, why didn't I think about it? :*

Thank you for all valuable tips and remarks. B)​​