What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tales of the War #22

13»

Comments

• Options
    abaddon653abaddon653 Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    Personally I saw no problems with Kagran-231-Epsilon.
  • Options
    hfmuddhfmudd Member Posts: 881 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Just one more Tale to go...

the one where Sela realizes that, considering everything she's done, everything she's responsible for, mnhei'sahe demands nothing less than honorable suicide.

(Something tasteful and off-screen, of course.)
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    hfmudd wrote: »

the one where Sela realizes that, considering everything she's done, everything she's responsible for, mnhei'sahe demands nothing less than honorable suicide.

Sela? Suicide? Never! Her ego won't stand for it.

She would rather loose her mind then accept her role as a villain. And then, after she regains her faculties, she will commit even greater atrocities in the name of "justice."

I think her arc could eventually run parallel to Dukat's if the Devs decide to continue to use her.

f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    alvarogarayalvarogaray Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    I say we fire up another time portal to every timeline Tasha Yar is in and we blast the hell out of her. Since we now know it was her fault that Sela created this whole paradox and war. The Iconians would never of blown up Hobus, more would they of attacked anyone if Tasha Yar stayed dead and never gave birth to Sela!
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    I say we fire up another time portal to every timeline Tasha Yar is in and we blast the hell out of her. Since we now know it was her fault that Sela created this whole paradox and war. The Iconians would never of blown up Hobus, more would they of attacked anyone if Tasha Yar stayed dead and never gave birth to Sela!

Remember what multi-timeline events lead to Sela - removing her might also mean that the Federation ends up losing a war against the Klingon Empire.​​
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,395 Arc User

Remember what multi-timeline events lead to Sela - removing her might also mean that the Federation ends up losing a war against the Klingon Empire.​​
    Which is then crushed by the Dominion and the galaxy is shared between it and the Tholians... Both of them probably then attacked by the Iconians anyway.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Or worse.... without Sela the Bombardment of Iconia in the distant past might have wiped out the race.... Thus leaving a coalition lead by the Iccobar as the rulers of the Galaxy.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,395 Arc User
    Or worse.... without Sela the Bombardment of Iconia in the distant past might have wiped out the race.... Thus leaving a coalition lead by the Iccobar as the rulers of the Galaxy.
    Much less sexy, indeed.

#TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    lilchibiclarililchibiclari Member Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    So now we know why Romulus was doomed in all of the other timelines, and why the Elachi were sent after surviving Romulans, and why the Heralds were abducting people from the Republic and not just killing them--T'ket had it in for Romulans all along.
  • Options
    vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User

Yes, please! So much this! Personally, I say we just hand her over to T'Ket. Since Sela's the one who really ticked T'Ket off, having the actual personal culprit to torture might satisfy her, or at least keep her occupied for a millennium or two.

She would rather loose her mind then accept her role as a villain. And then, after she regains her faculties, she will commit even greater atrocities in the name of "justice."

I think her arc could eventually run parallel to Dukat's if the Devs decide to continue to use her.

Oh, GODS, NO! No more Sela ever! Just kill her off! It's not her villainy I object to, it's that she won't SHUT UP! This last episode had so much endless, monotonous, one-note, whiny Sela chatter in it that I never want to hear Denise Crosby's voice again...and I used to LIKE her and her performances. I even had lunch with her once IRL, and she was a very gracious lady. But with having to replay this episode again and again for the rewards...the last time I just shut the sound OFF for the entire mission, and will do so for any of the remaining playthroughs. Seriously, just never use her again. Please.

Or hire her for a benevolent and calm role, like a Federation doctor or something. Giver her command of a hospital ship. Let her play docile Mirror Sela. Mirror Leeta needs a slave, right? Anything that's 180 degrees away from shrill and annoying.

Without Sela, the benevolent Iconians would have escaped with the World Heart, getting to keep their original peaceful culture like they wanted, and without getting double-crossed and shot in the back by one of their "rescuers". It wasn't the current rebel aliens on whom T'Ket fixated, it was Sela (and because of her, all Romulans and their allies). The best solution would simply have been for us to shoot Sela the second we arrived on Iconia. Actually, Kagran really ought to have done it the first time she insulted his honor.
  • Options
    Or perhaps they would not have escaped at all. Which would then have lead to worse things....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    protogothprotogoth Member Posts: 2,369 Arc User
    vorwoda wrote: »

Yes, please! So much this! Personally, I say we just hand her over to T'Ket. Since Sela's the one who really ticked T'Ket off, having the actual personal culprit to torture might satisfy her, or at least keep her occupied for a millennium or two.

Oh, GODS, NO! No more Sela ever! Just kill her off! It's not her villainy I object to, it's that she won't SHUT UP! This last episode had so much endless, monotonous, one-note, whiny Sela chatter in it that I never want to hear Denise Crosby's voice again...and I used to LIKE her and her performances. I even had lunch with her once IRL, and she was a very gracious lady. But with having to replay this episode again and again for the rewards...the last time I just shut the sound OFF for the entire mission, and will do so for any of the remaining playthroughs. Seriously, just never use her again. Please.

Or hire her for a benevolent and calm role, like a Federation doctor or something. Giver her command of a hospital ship. Let her play docile Mirror Sela. Mirror Leeta needs a slave, right? Anything that's 180 degrees away from shrill and annoying.

Without Sela, the benevolent Iconians would have escaped with the World Heart, getting to keep their original peaceful culture like they wanted, and without getting double-crossed and shot in the back by one of their "rescuers". It wasn't the current rebel aliens on whom T'Ket fixated, it was Sela (and because of her, all Romulans and their allies). The best solution would simply have been for us to shoot Sela the second we arrived on Iconia. Actually, Kagran really ought to have done it the first time she insulted his honor.

No, I want to kill her with the Sword of the Raptor Star, and take her head to add to the trophies in the bar of our main KDF-allied starbase.

And as for the "SHUT UP" thing, ...
    NewNameForMidnight.jpg
  • Options
    Or perhaps they would not have escaped at all. Which would then have lead to worse things....

No. She did nothing positive during the rescues that any BOFF couldn't have done. And as easily as we gunned down the invaders, the loss of one pistol really wouldn't have made a difference even if a BOFF hadn't taken her place. Thus, without Sela there this time around, we would still have been there to rescue the Iconians we did (she really did nothing to help), but she wouldn't have been there to shoot them in the back at the end.

I'll grant you that it may all still have had other overall negative effects on the time stream, but to say that the Iconians wouldn't have escaped at all - that more would have failed to reach the gate without Sela shooting them down and destroying the gate than with her interference - that's just completely outside the realm of possibility.
  • Options
    Actually... Without Sela we probably wouldn't have managed to go into the past.

Yes.... got paradoxes? :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    I never said there wouldn't be a paradox. In fact, I clearly said
    vorwoda wrote: »
    I'll grant you that it may all still have had other overall negative effects on the time stream,

[SNIP]

I was simply pointing out that Sela's presence only meant that fewer Iconians escaped than would have happened if we had just gone ourselves. Now going without her would have changed the timeline - possibly to one where we had another reason for going and saving the Iconians anyway, possibly to one where we didn't have to go at all because our present benevolent Iconian overlords spend all there time handing out free cookies, possibly to one where we never existed, possibly to one where an Iconian scientist screws up in a millennium and annihilates everyone from existence by accident. But no matter what happens, good or bad, all I'm saying is that if we went to Iconia without Sela, more Iconians escape. That's all I'm saying. What happens afterwards is anyone's guess.

Sela = worthless. At least in our universe.