test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A request for Federation small arms, tools and gear

kazabokkazabok Member Posts: 230 Arc User
We have cool looking ships.

We have smart uniforms in the Ody set.

Would it be possible to take a look at our small arms and tools?

Federation NPCs seem to use a mixture of MACO, Elite Fleet and standard phasers, could we settle on one look to go with the Ody uniforms, or even better get a new look to match the Ody style?

The MACO weapons are just too big and boxy, the standard phasers have ugly glowing bits on them, leaving the Elite Fleet weapons which are fairly nice, but have strange metallic bits on them.

New models for the standard phasers, with matching tricorders, PADDs and the like would be much appreciated.

With a standardized and slick new look, holsters, tricorder pouches and backpacks would be cool additions to the Ody gear too.

What do folks think, which of the phaser designs we have would you like to see as the standard issue weapon for Starfleet? or would you like to see something new?

Comments

• Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    Fleet versions. The standard are bloody ugly and resemble nothing canon (even if they are meant to be FC style rifles) and the MACO stuff should be MACO only.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    ladytiamat666ladytiamat666 Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    PiHEVERifle_zpsj3mbm3kn.png

This is what i would like to see as the standard phaser rifle for Starfleet.
    Post edited by ladytiamat666 on
    signature%201.jpg_zpsklpuyd7v.png
  • Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User

Your link just results in this http://www.phasers.net/access_denied.gif
    ;)
    I need a beer.

• Options
    Your link just results in this http://www.phasers.net/access_denied.gif
    ;)

Corrected, thanks.

• Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    PiHEVERifle_zpsj3mbm3kn.png

Any of the post FC or late DS9 era weapons would be the perfect fit for STO. Unfortunately the only one we have is the Compression Rifle and that thing is bloody hideous.

(I know we technically have one of the FC styles Type 3's, but it looks nothing like the actual thing.

STFC-CompressionPhaserRifle-transparent.png​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    artan42 wrote: »
    Unfortunately the only one we have is the Compression Rifle and that thing is bloody hideous. ​​

Indeed, one of the worst-looking weapons of the game imho.

• Options
    artan42 wrote: »
    Unfortunately the only one we have is the Compression Rifle and that thing is bloody hideous. ​​

Indeed, one of the worst-looking weapons of the game imho.

• Options
    kazabokkazabok Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    To be fair, the Compression Rifle looks just like it did on the show.

It looked terrible there too, like a super-soaker sprayed silver.

If they shrank them down to size and stopped changing the model and adding holo-wang as they levelled, I'd be kinda okay with the standard issue phasers in game. It would be better than the current XII phasers.