test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What about the servitors?

So the Iconians have ended the war and withdrawn to their homeworld, taking the Heralds with them. That leaves the Elachi, the Solanae, the Bluegill, the Vaadwaur, and what remains of the Tal Shiar unaccounted for.

I expect the Solanae will stick to their masters, since they really have nowhere to go. Ditto with the Bluegill, since the Solanae created them in the first place. The Tal Shiar will either self-destruct or surrender to the Republic en masse. But the Elachi, as I understand it, want nothing more than to kidnap people to use for reproduction. If the Iconians are leaving us alone now, what happens to the Elachi? Will they strike out on their own and keep attacking the Republic? And I can't believe the Vaadwaur will be content to sit around in the Iconia system for however many millenia it takes for the Iconians to rebuild their planet.

What do you think will happen?
NJ9oXSO.png
"Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
-Thomas Marrone

Comments

• Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    I think the Vaadwaur may be angry at being played by the Iconians and sold out by Gaul. I think whatever happens they will be more like the Cardassians than anything and want to lick their wounds alone. They still have a chance to learn how to be a civilized people in the galaxy IMO.

What I wonder about is the Heralds themselves, if L'Miren, at least, will feel guilty about the cruelty she inflicted on hers. I wonder if the damage to them will be undone. I think if I were the diplomat there I would've made a sharp remark to her about the Dominion learning all the wrong kinds of lessons from her actions. Let her stew in that guilt too, assuming she's not too far gone.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Probably all will be under T'ket's command now.

The Vaadwaur and Tal Shiar are left to survive on their own. Which likely means the Vaadwaur will surrender and focus on rebuilding their civilization (under watchful eye). While the Tal Shair fight amongst themselves in power grabs in claiming the throne, at the same time fighting a covert war with the Republic.
  • Options
    coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    I would think a general ceasefire order would spread through the ranks, and every faction will just retreat back to their respective home turfs to lick their wounds. T'Ket would take all forces still loyal to her to carry on the fight however, as the convenient excuse to have all the queues still going.​​
  • Options
    calthariancaltharian Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    f2pdrakron wrote: »
    gulberat wrote: »
    I think the Vaadwaur may be angry at being played by the Iconians and sold out by Gaul.

This is never know because as Takedown plays "they must never know".

The Vaadwaur ceased to be "allies" the moment Gaul died, Eldex appears to taken command of them and he certainly pursuing his own goals.

"they must never know" referenced the fact that gaul didnt have a bluegill

he needed to have one in the eyes of his people to explain all of the dickery he got upto
  • Options
    amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    I kind of want the Elachi to push out on their own, away from T'Ket. Out of all the servitor species, they have the best looking ships/stations/interior maps. It'd be interesting to see how they'd figure out their place now that all but one of the Iconians have left them to their own devices. I just hope that it'd be better than what the Drakh planned in Babylon 5.
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
  • Options
    lighte007lighte007 Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    An Elachi Plague.. that would be interesting since in Babylon 5, that plague was cured with the Excalibur. =P
    The Rising of the Delta is the best expansion ever, and people love it to death because it is a good day to die in the endless struggle for supremacy of your own conviction. (A spin off of the Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and all the players love it.)
  • Options
    allyoftheforceallyoftheforce Member Posts: 735 Arc User
    The Elachi, Solanae, bluegill controled races and what's left of T'kets Heralds will follow T'ket and continue the war. I expect the Elachi and Solanae races will be split on who to follow. Making their numbers mean nothing but still a threat and will only slow down the rebuilding efforts. I suspect that this will end up with T'ket dead at some point in the future. As for the rest of the Iconians and their forces that want to be left alone, I see another "General Order 7" in the story line. Alliance General Order #

This would be a good opportunity to introduce outposts for solo players. The outpost location would be near the edge of the Iconian sector block. Similar to a Starbase, but something that solo players can work on.
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    I'm sure what's left of the RSE will be taking care of the Tal Shiar.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    What's left of the legitimate RSE has almost no capital ships left, @artan42, per "Uneasy Allies". The Romulan Republic is now both the strongest Romulan power bloc and the one with the most reason to see the Tal Shiar faction sent into extinction.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    starswordc wrote: »
    What's left of the legitimate RSE has almost no capital ships left, @artan42, per "Uneasy Allies". The Romulan Republic is now both the strongest Romulan power bloc and the one with the most reason to see the Tal Shiar faction sent into extinction.

I don't see why. Any Romulan world that didn't join the Republic is still part of the RSE. The Tal Shiar are at war with the RSE, sure hte Republic can tag along, but it's not meant to be very big ingame anyway. It's only New Romulus, the RSE has multiple worlds.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    lizweilizwei Member Posts: 936 Arc User
    The Solanae and Elachi are almost exactly like the Drakh from Babylon 5, and could possibly become a problem if their masters are suddenly no longer interested in militant expansion.

Yeah there's T'ket but she's not any kind of political strategist, I doubt she retains control of anything except her own Heralds.
  • Options
    lordinsanelordinsane Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    artan42 wrote: »

I don't see why. Any Romulan world that didn't join the Republic is still part of the RSE. The Tal Shiar are at war with the RSE, sure hte Republic can tag along, but it's not meant to be very big ingame anyway. It's only New Romulus, the RSE has multiple worlds.​​
    I'm fairly sure there have been more indications the Republic as of Uneasy Allies has become a multi-world polity than that one Fed-only mission in their Romulan arc that involves a world considering whether to join the Republic, remain neutral (which, of course, proves it isn't as binary as RSE/RR for Romulan worlds) or affiliate with Sela's RSE.
  • Options

You're missing the point. It's not planets, it's shipbuilding and trained crews. Those don't grow on trees. Regardless of whether the RR or RSE is bigger on a map, the hard canon fact is the RR has far more military resources to throw around, as does the Tal Shiar military junta despite the blows it takes over the course of the RR storyline. All the RSE could spare for their empress was a Q-ship and a Mogai ("Uneasy Allies"), whereas the RR somehow can afford to wage war on completely the other side of the galaxy (Solanae Dyson Sphere ep through Delta Rising) and the Tal Shiar can still afford to throw around full-on line battleships ("Uneasy Allies" again).
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

• Options
    lizweilizwei Member Posts: 936 Arc User

You're missing the point. It's not planets, it's shipbuilding and trained crews. Those don't grow on trees. Regardless of whether the RR or RSE is bigger on a map, the hard canon fact is the RR has far more military resources to throw around, as does the Tal Shiar military junta despite the blows it takes over the course of the RR storyline. All the RSE could spare for their empress was a Q-ship and a Mogai ("Uneasy Allies"), whereas the RR somehow can afford to wage war on completely the other side of the galaxy (Solanae Dyson Sphere ep through Delta Rising) and the Tal Shiar can still afford to throw around full-on line battleships ("Uneasy Allies" again).

I think it's reasonable to assume that the Republic has either control of or at least access to the Vault, which if used as a factory is a stupidly powerful advantage over the other Romulan factions and would explain why they can churn out starships while still a relatively small nation.
  • Options
    orondisorondis Member Posts: 1,447 Arc User
    The Tal Shiar are probably all but done for now. Lack of control, lack of command, lack of resources and lack of people, they've pretty much gone already. Maybe they'll go the way of the books and have the remnants form a pact with the Tholians and Breen.

The Vaadwaur will probably be somewhat depowered but still be a major force in the delta quadrant. Going it alone, with their superior firepower being matched by the superior numbers of the alliance.

The Elachi and Solanae will probably be split between T'Ket and the other Iconians. From this point on they'll at worst be involved in skirmishes, not all out wars. Certainly I doubt T'Ket will have the resources or facilities to build any herald craft (if she even has access to the designs).

Previously Alendiak
    Daizen - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
    Selia - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
  • Options
    lizwei wrote: »

I think it's reasonable to assume that the Republic has either control of or at least access to the Vault, which if used as a factory is a stupidly powerful advantage over the other Romulan factions and would explain why they can churn out starships while still a relatively small nation.

Agreed, especially considering the trouble they go to to hang onto it in "Vault Shuttle Event".
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png