test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Changing Uniform

This has probably come up before but immersion is a big thing for me. I three principle uniforms for my character. One is my standard uniform, one is my away team uniform and the third is my dress uniform. When I get up in the morning, I don't have to visit a tailor to get dressed. If I want to change my pants, I'll just go to my bedroom and change my pants, I don't need to go down the street, catch a bus and visit a bloody tailor. So why do I have to do this in STO? If I'm in the Delta Quadrant, I don't want to have to travel half way across the Quadrant just to remove my jacket.

If there is a way to switch between established uniforms (note that creation of uniforms being limited to the tailor makes sense) without the need to visit the tailor every time I want to switch.

Comments

• irm1963irm1963 Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    Yes, just right-click on the character portrait and select one of your saved uniforms from the costume menu.
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    yes, you just click on your picture in the upper left. you would have to be on the ground or walking around your ship to do this.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• saladinbobsaladinbob Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    I don't have a picture in the upper left?
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    saladinbob wrote: »

A little headshot of your character with a health bar?​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    artan42 wrote: »

A little headshot of your character with a health bar?​​

Nope. Just my rank symbol and my rank.
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter

A little headshot of your character with a health bar?

Below that? Are you on a ground map?​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • grylakgrylak Member Posts: 1,594 Arc User
    It's the headshot of your character, where your shield and health is. Right click on that pic, but you have to be on a ground map for it to appear. If you're in space, it won't be there. Right click the picture and select change outfit.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'

A little headshot of your character with a health bar?

Below that? Are you on a ground map?​​

No because no one said the ground map. Got it now, thank you.
  • uryenserellonturyenserellont Member Posts: 858 Arc User
    No because no one said the ground map. Got it now, thank you.
    yes, you just click on your picture in the upper left. you would have to be on the ground or walking around your ship to do this.

Posted 22 minutes before :) But yeah right click it and you can instantly choose from all outfits you've saved except for summer Risa and the club wear.

Now if only they would let us do that for our boffs...
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    This has probably come up before but immersion is a big thing for me. I three principle uniforms for my character. One is my standard uniform, one is my away team uniform and the third is my dress uniform. When I get up in the morning, I don't have to visit a tailor to get dressed. If I want to change my pants, I'll just go to my bedroom and change my pants, I don't need to go down the street, catch a bus and visit a bloody tailor. So why do I have to do this in STO? If I'm in the Delta Quadrant, I don't want to have to travel half way across the Quadrant just to remove my jacket.

If there is a way to switch between established uniforms (note that creation of uniforms being limited to the tailor makes sense) without the need to visit the tailor every time I want to switch.

I have commented on this before, I don't see why once we have visited a tailor and purchased any uniform it is not available to access in our personal quarters of our starships to make changes.
    irm1963 wrote: »
    Yes, just right-click on the character portrait and select one of your saved uniforms from the costume menu.

its all very well having this for a quick changes of radically different outfits at any time but I really cant see why we should need to visit a tailor just to remove a pair of gloves or put on a pair of glasses especially as you need to be in an area where a tailor is located to start with when we are able to transport to our bridge from just about any location and could just go to our personal quarters to make any changes to our outfits we choose.

we should not have to use two uniform slots for small changes in almost identical looks for example one uniform slot with scarf on and another uniform slot the same but with no scarf, and we certainly should not have to visit a tailor to make such small tweaks to our appearance.

especially as we have no problem donning or removing an environmental suit without going anywhere.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.