test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New version of PvEs - no rewards, no CD

Before you think I'm an idiot who should be sent to madhouse, please read the thread, ok? I'm not asking that current content should be removed.

Recently I've discovered that besides chatting with my friends/fleetmates, there's only one thing that keeps me in game - people like to call it "chasing random numbers from 3rd party program" aka DPS race. I'm totally aware that it's really chance based and depends on so many small variables I can't control. Still, I just like changing gear, ships, boff powers, then queueing to ISA (Infected: The Conduit Advanced) and see how I do.

Since I have completed all the specialization trees, have 400k+ dilithium ore, tons of marks and BNPs and enough EC as well, I really don't need the rewards at all. I only do the mission to either help my friends getting the rewards or to see my own performance.

Yet there is one thing that's really disturbing... 30 minute cooldown. And here is my suggestion - make a version of PvEs (I'm mainly interested in ISA since that's best for parsing, but I can't see why it couldn't be done with any mission) where there's no cooldown at all, but no rewards either. No XP, no drops, no end rewards, nothing - just the fight itself. And in "no reward, no CD" PvE, players should be able to start the mission with less than 5 players. Then I and (hopefully) other likeminded players who doesn't need the rewards, just parse results, can start those as frequently as we wish and leave current queues to people who care about rewards too (or maybe just love CD so much).

I'm not sure how popular those "no reward, no CD" PvEs would be since I know even many of my friends who I enjoy doing ISA with don't have their specialization trees filled. But surely I can't be the only one who cares more about the fight and parse than rewards? So, what do you think?

(Not really related) ending note: I would really love to do No-Win Scenario again. Properly revamped or the old version, both will do.

Comments