test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Please no more forcing us to fly 'Feature Ships': (dyson/obilisk)

I like to play on Advanced. That way im not just shearing through things and falling asleep. But when I am forced into a Dyson Destroyer to complete a mission where I have to kill off waves of Voth and Undine it makes the mission impossible. Not only is the ship fitted with a mish mash of weapon types, the skills are thrown onto the hotbar at random, all my keybinds are useless, and I have to either restart the mission on normal and endure the whole thing again, or I have to respawn a hundred times because the ship isnt equipped to handle advanced difficulty. This mission is by far worse then the one that forces me into an Obilisk Carrier, and I beg you to not force me into another garbage geared ship with random boff skills without at least advising me to toggle the difficulty to normal.

This is an example of some of the worst game design I have ever seen, and I wonder if the developers even play test their own game.

Comments

• Options
    seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    Back then before were hit with delta TRIBBLE it wasn't that bad since mobs still had somewhat reasonable hp on higher difficulties. Those missions were designed to be played at 50 pre DR and that really shows.
    Back then you coud still overpower mobs with simple mk 12 vr gear despite the horrendous train wreck of a build. But now with the "adjustments" you can pretty much TRIBBLE those missions, especially if you're past lvl 50.

I'm also pretty sure they've somewhat learned from their mistakes since they haven't added such a mission lately. The dyson was added back in january 2014 and obelisk about a month or two prior. And the yearly mission where we were able to pilot the 3 flagships (Ent-E, Borts, Lleiset) were left out this year, so there's that.
  • Options
    jerichoredoranjerichoredoran Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    Seriousdave pointed at the right direction. Did this mission with my delta toon at level 50 and had no problems. Did it about 2 months before with a different toon at level 56 and dispaired like you. The thing here really is that everybody levels up while your TRIBBLE ship does not.
    Good point though after the first wave you just need to wait. The NPCs helping you are leveled too and especially the enterprise is a killer for an NPC.