test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mogh Battlecruiser Boff Problems

willamsheridanwillamsheridan Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
No idea if its a bug or if there is a reason for this but non-KDF Science offincers can't use their Ensighn ability on my BOff. That goes for Nelen Exil and the Hierarchy Boff. The Ensign skill is greyed out, no matter which ability i select, Polarize Hullplating, Science team, nothing works. If i use an Orion or klingon BOff all abilities are working

Comments

• Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,637 Arc User
    Is it able to be activated anyway? I've seen where freshly slotted BOffs will have some abilities greyed out, but they are still able to be clicked, which usually gives the color back to them.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    nope, i can't activate it. no reaction. but the same abilities work when my orion Boff is using them. the abilites are completely deativated, greyed out with a white "border" around the field. like thes are deactivated or something.

they are also not working on my command cruisers. no idea why. THat hierarchy guy is an Intel-Sci Boff yeah, but normal sci abilities should ayways work no matter if hes in an inter, command or pilot slot.

And Nelen Exil is just a plain, normal sci Boff
    Post edited by willamsheridan on
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    That is odd, grey with a white border is usually the fresh-slot issue I see, and anything active in that zone is still able to be clicked anyway (Sci Team and Polarize Hull should work in Social zones).

I'm not sure I have Nelen Exil still commissioned on any KDF chars, but I'll try my Hierarchy BOff on the Tac Command Cruiser and the T5 Moghs that I have. The Hierarchy BOff is working just fine on all the ships I'm actively using KDF side so far. BTW, which Mogh do you have, T5, T5-U, T6 and/or Fleet?

Other thing to try is to switch through your available BOffs a few times, and training them in other capabilities from the Skills tab and switching them to those using the Stations tab (I would try training in a zone where that power is usable)
  • Options
    I have the T6 Mogh/Kurak and the T6 fleet. its not working on both. TRained nelen and the Hierarchy in different skills now. None of them are working.

Also, on all 3 command cruisers they are not working.

But the Lt. abilities are working, no problems there. Sci tema II, Haz. Emitters II all working.
    only the ensigns lot doesnt. And no matter if i use a Klingon, orion or Gerasan, they all have no problems whatsoever. only the non-KDF Boffs
  • Options
    Tried Hierarchy BOff on the Tac Command Cruiser and the T5 Mogh, and occasionally both it and faction BOffs would have powers grey out with white borders, but clicking the ability still activated it when over Qo'Nos.

Oddly, after swapping back to my Mat'ha --where the Hierarchy BOff has only Intel abilities-- after training while in a Mogh, it never greyed out again that session. If you have a ship with Intel Sci, you might try that with him set to OSS1 and 2.
  • Options
    unfortunately i don't have ships with Intel Sci. Maybe i should just get a Romulan BOff instead and delete the Hierarchy Boff. will miss the efficient trait because thats the onyl reasoy why i use the BOff in the first place
  • Options
    xepthrixepthri Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    So the Mogh came with security lockouts that prevented other species from tinkering with the goods?