test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Space Weapon questions

willamsheridanwillamsheridan Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
i'd like to know what you think about some weapon types i'd like to use on some of my ships.
First some info: All my ships use Vulnerability Locators in all Tac slots and Plasma generating Embassy consoles +flow in all Sci slots. In the Engineering slots i use the leech and some Universal consoles from the Reputation systems.
I also use 1-2 Romulan Embassy Boffs and the kinetic cutting beam.

Now the weapons.

Which mod is better CritDx2 or Dmgx2? How big is the difference?

My KDF character already has some Biomolecular Disruptors (CritDx2) should i combine them with Coalition disruptors and/or the Disruptor resonance beam from Blood of Ancients?

For my romulan i am going to use plasma. But should i get romulan plasma (easier to get) or save fleet credits to get fleet plasma beams?

Now for one of my Fed character i want to use Tetryons. I know Tetryons are not very popular but they have the same crit as Disruptors (CritDx2= +40) and should be good against enemies with strong shields like Heralds, Vaadwaur...
So i'd use the console from the new FE and the Antichroniton Beam thats coming soon and combine them with one crafted omni (maybe) and the Refracting tetryons from the Nukara Reputation . I think those Tetryons could work especially well against groups of enemies.

Your opinions/ideas?

Comments

• Options
    willamsheridanwillamsheridan Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    i play only engineers. Right now my orion has about 11% crit chance. THats without Romulan BOffs, only 2 mk XIII Vul. Locators and no ZPM.

My My Fed Engineer has about 21% crit chance

But how big is the difference between dmg and CritD then?

and what about my weapons? Can those refracting tetryons work or are tetryons still "useless"
  • Options
    woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    and what about my weapons? Can those refracting tetryons work or are tetryons still "useless"

Useless is the wrong word. Its a bit less powerful, emphasis on "a bit". AP, Corrosive Pla, Dis and Pla would be a bit stronger (with a gap between AP and the rest)
    However, last time I checked the refracting proc was totally broken, if its still like this, then normal tetryon is more powerful.​​
  • Options
    jarvisandalfredjarvisandalfred Member Posts: 1,549 Bug Hunter
    westmetals wrote: »
    i play only engineers. Right now my orion has about 11% crit chance. THats without Romulan BOffs, only 2 mk XIII Vul. Locators and no ZPM.

It's not a very big difference. It gets bigger as you slide further from that break-even point, but the other option is still the #2 choice pretty much always.

Dmg adds about 3-3.5% damage per mod; CrtD adds about 20% per mod but only on crit hits. So if you're landing 20% crits, your overall total damage would be modified by about 4% (20% multiplied by 0.20). That's why the break-even point is around 16% crits.

No, no, and no.

Dmg is 3% per mod. There is literally nothing you can do to change that.

CrtD is never an actual 20% increase. It's a category 2 buff, which means it fights both your existing crit severity (1.7/1.5=1.133% - even your first 20% isn't a 20% increase to that shot) and your other category 2 buffs for effectiveness. In addtion, CrtD comes with a 2.5% cat 1 while Dmg does not. It's not incredibly cut and dry.

That's why this page exists.
    SCM - Crystal C. (S) - [00:12] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 8.63M(713.16K) - Fed Sci

SCM - Hive (S) - [02:31] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 30.62M(204.66K) - Fed Sci

Tacs are overrated.

Game's best wiki

Build questions? Look here!
  • Options
    jarvisandalfredjarvisandalfred Member Posts: 1,549 Bug Hunter

It's not a very big difference. It gets bigger as you slide further from that break-even point, but the other option is still the #2 choice pretty much always.

Dmg adds about 3-3.5% damage per mod; CrtD adds about 20% per mod but only on crit hits. So if you're landing 20% crits, your overall total damage would be modified by about 4% (20% multiplied by 0.20). That's why the break-even point is around 16% crits.

No, no, and no.

Dmg is 3% per mod. There is literally nothing you can do to change that.

CrtD is never an actual 20% increase. It's a category 2 buff, which means it fights both your existing crit severity (1.7/1.5=1.133% - even your first 20% isn't a 20% increase to that shot) and your other category 2 buffs for effectiveness. In addtion, CrtD comes with a 2.5% cat 1 while Dmg does not. It's not incredibly cut and dry.

That's why this page exists.

That page doesn't say a word about either of those mods...

Look at the bottom. It tells you the damage increase of modifier combos at various captain/ship states.
    SCM - Crystal C. (S) - [00:12] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 8.63M(713.16K) - Fed Sci

SCM - Hive (S) - [02:31] DMG(DPS) - @jarvisandalfred: 30.62M(204.66K) - Fed Sci

Tacs are overrated.

Game's best wiki

Build questions? Look here!