test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Devs: Can we get a cooldown reduction on the Temporal Negotiator?

The Temporal Negotiator reusable ship device that was given as a reward for the Delta Recruitment characters is a nice ship device that cuts the cooldown on BOff abilities in half when used.

However, it's almost useless because it has a 5-MINUTE cooldown.

Even the much loved Red Matter Capacitor reusable ship device/battery only has a cooldown of no more than 3 minutes. Reusable integrated "lance" energy weapons on various ships have a cooldown of just 2 minutes and those things can do massive damage.

We've seen cooldown reductions on a wide range of consoles and abilities and I hope the devs will consider giving the Temporal Negotiator a cooldown reduction. I'm not asking for something crazy like the ability to use the Temporal Negotiator every 60 seconds ... but reducing the cooldown to no more than 3 minutes would make this reusable device worth putting into more ship builds.

A 3-minute cooldown means you'll probably get to use it twice on a quick Crystalline Entity PVE queue. Right now, if I use the Temporal Negotiator at the beginning of a Crystalline Entity PVE after my initial attack then most of the time it doesn't come off of cooldown until after the Crystalline Entity has been destroyed.
In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."

Don't believe the lies in this forum. I am NOT an ARC user. I play STO on Steam or not at all.