test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Season 11 Trailer Music Theme

Now this is what I am talking about.

Will this theme be used in game?

it has a driving energy to it, that I really like and it sounds like somthing from Star trek, too, despite being different from everything before.
Good job on that!

Also, is there a chance we can get a link to it somewhere without the narration part?

Just for reference, here is the trailer again:

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThGS_6bp7Es[/yt]
11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg

Comments

• nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,626 Arc User
    It really is good. I hope that we get some of this outside of the playable missions too.

I wonder if they are planning to use royalty free music that is widely available and suitable for background exploration. I know that combat music could certainly use a wider catalogue of tracks to pull from.
  • medalionemissarymedalionemissary Member Posts: 612 Arc User
    Now THAT is more like Star Trek... but less talk, more show
    Deep Space Nine in HD, make it so!
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    So much...cheese...

Of course I still love the F2P trailer theme. :p
  • apulseapulse Member Posts: 456 Arc User
    Cryptic should really try harder to get the rights to the old Star Trek themes from the old shows. Would love to hear DS9 Theme music when you warp in to DS9.
    21ajpqt.png
  • f9thretxcf9thretxc Member Posts: 505 Arc User
    I'm hard of hearing, so I had to really crank the speakers, but man I did love that music. The switch to strings to build tension was just awesome!​​
    My mother always told me to walk away from a fight, The Marines taught me how.
  • goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    The theme song for Season 11 will be Black Sabbath's Into the Void

klingon-bridge.jpg

• kylercakylerca Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    This here is definitely a major step up to the soundtrack if you guy decide to move a little more into this genre. Giving a soundtrack update is a nice thing too. I mean, even the biggest game (Minecraft) did this for themselves awhile back and added several new tracks, and it was well received I believe!

I'd like to see not just this song; but also more like it. : )
    Say NO to team Omega.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    Since They are now willing to pay the actors from Trek to do voice overs, They should now also be willing to pay for the rights to at least a few of the more well known Trek musical themes.
    Why anybody would make a Trek game without including at least a couple of the better known TV and Movie themes is beyond me.
    (and occasionally using eight bars of the classic theme doesn't count in my book)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif