test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ground and space traits

xsi1exsi1e Member Posts: 109 Arc User
Can we PLEASE either have the ability to swap ground and space traits on the fly in episodes or have two separate menu so that we can detail which traits we want for any give situation? It is annoying to have to exit a episode just change traits. Considering episodes have both space and ground combat throughout.
1kltX02.jpg

Comments

• Options
    woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    If you are on a hybrid-mission, its intended that you are weighting up, what to use ;)

Generelly such a system would be nice, but still with the limit of using it outside of missions only.​​
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Separate slots for ground and space have been mentioned, but all species don't have 9+9 free traits available and the devs apparently don't want to "force" people to buy lockbox traits to fill their slots, so they have to add new traits first.
  • Options
    xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    While I do understand the joys of min maxing, I do think that gameplay wise maybe even a trait change cooldown would make sense, after all we cannot suddenly know B instead of A and then two shots later forget about it again and return to A or continue to C. Especially with mission content being easily beatable (albeit certainly more slowly) without any traits slotted at all.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • Options
    woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    xyquarze wrote: »
    While I do understand the joys of min maxing, I do think that gameplay wise maybe even a trait change cooldown would make sense, after all we cannot suddenly know B instead of A and then two shots later forget about it again and return to A or continue to C. Especially with mission content being easily beatable (albeit certainly more slowly) without any traits slotted at all.

Strangely, the ABC-Thing seemed to be a running gag in ST ;)

• Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    xyquarze wrote: »

Perhaps. But it also doesn't make any sense that we wouldn't be able to learn something new because we already know too many other things. The whole slot limit is a break from reality to begin with. Realistically we should be able to use all our skills at the same time.
  • Options
    xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    While I see your point, skills also need some honing. There's cycling which you won't forget how to do it, but languages, dance moves and flying manoeuvres in your starship may decay over time.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries