test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

STOAN welcomes players, fleets and armadas.

xtern1tyxtern1ty Member Posts: 796 Arc User
edited August 2015 in New Romulus
The Star Trek Online Alliance Network or STOAN is a cooperative gathering of independent fleets and longterm players who work together for common goals like active teaming, events and helping other players.

We welcome both KDF and FED faction Romulan and Reman affiliates, as well as Delta players. I myself have multiple Romulan/Reman chars and my space main is a RDF on both Fed & KDF .

Romulan and Reman players, fleets, and armadas can apply to join or ally themselves with our network. If you're a player, if accepted after review you get your choice of fleet to join or if none, can be auto-positioned by admins according to the info on your application where you can find a good community with players of similar interest.

If you're a fleet, if accepted after review, there is a period of negotiation. Typically if both sides are in agreement, your fleet leader becomes a leader in the alpha fleet and your fleet takes an agreed upon position in the armada. Leaders of fleets in the armada effectively become co-leaders of the Network and members of your fleet are now able to vote for any changes and improvements, as well as access STOAN's channels and services, help anyone in the armada and freely travel between any of the fleets therein. Each fleet's autonomy is retained in this process and participants gain equal interest in managing the network, much like the states of a nation.

Fleets can ally themselves with us even without participating in STOAN. Armadas can also ally themselves with us, provided all the fleets in them are in agreement. If you have any questions, feel free to post a reply, message us in PM or mail us in game @xtern1ty.

<::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::|}§]xxxxxx()o (◣_◢) o()xxxxxx[§{|::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>
​​
Post edited by xtern1ty on

Comments

• xtern1tyxtern1ty Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    •.,¸¸¸,.‹•*°ˆ★ Application for Fleet Membership ★ˆ°*•‹.,¸¸¸,.•

•» Total level_

•» Faction of fleet you are looking for_

•» Career_

•» Favorite STO activities_

•» Are you a new or established player_

•» Are you a regular on these forums_

•» Are you a crafter_

•» What are you looking for in our community_

•» Are you a fleet builder_

•» Will you be a regular fleet donor_

•» List your prior fleets and any current fleet affiliations_

•» Does your fleet have a teamspeak/voicechat channel_

•» Have you read The Fleet Charter below and agree to abide by it's Articles_

•» Your time/zone is_

•» Signed - Full current player name@handle_

•.,¸¸¸,.‹•*°ˆ★ Armada Invitation ★ˆ°*•‹.,¸¸¸,.•

•» Total fleet level_

•» Faction of fleet_

•» How long has your fleet been in operation_

•» Is your fleet active_

•» Favorite STO activities_

•» Does your fleet have a thread on these forums (if so, please link)_

•» List your fleet's other fleet affiliations_

•» What are you looking for by joining our Armada_

•» Does your fleet's members donate to projects_

•» What is your rank in your fleet_

•» Do you have your fleet's permission to request joining our Armada_

•» Does your fleet have a teamspeak/voicechat channel_

•» Your time/zone is_

•» Signed - Full current player name@handle_
    ★·.·´¯`·.·★·.·´¯`·.·★ The Charter ★·.·´¯`·.·★·.·´¯`·.·★
    A binding document of community constitution for all leaders, members, allies & ventures.

★ Section 1 - Articles of Fellowship
    The 10 Fleet Principles.

Article
    ~ 1.1 -

We the players, responsible benefactors¹ in Star Trek Online², affirm our individual right to gather in the company³ of our choice; with the approval of its participants.
    ~ 1.2 -
    It is our responsibility upon participating in the company of our preference, to honor it with good behavior, serve by maintaining it beneficially and uphold its standards & Fleet Charter.
    ~ 1.3 -
    If for any reason we no longer prefer our current company, it is our free choice to leave and associate with others we like at any time.
    ~ 1.4 -
    We bear no malice towards past or present company, especially when no intentional malice has been done to us; but reserve the right to counter malicious acts and their perpetrators accordingly.
    ~ 1.5 -
    Of our free will and sound judgement, we choose to gather in this, our community; with access to its channels, fleets, events and any other services as available at any time we like.
    ~ 1.6 -
    We will participate in the community responsibly and not use any of its affiliated marks of recognition, name, logo, members or services to engage in acts violating STO Terms of Service and Fleet Charter.
    ~ 1.7 -
    Any player is able to freely apply and participate in our community regardless of race, gender, nationality, origin, religion, political party, affiliation or other stereotype; with each to be approved or rejected based on individual merit upon review.
    ~ 1.8 -
    Our community will never charge a fee or requirement, whether in real world or virtual currency, to any approved player wishing to participate in our group or services. Participation is free and always will be.
    ~ 1.9 -
    We reserve the rights of administrative review, peer panels and majority vote to expel any member who knowingly causes discord within our community and/or violates STO ToS or Fleet Charter.
    ~ 1.10 -
    This community is a scientific STO home fleet. We shall honor it by good deeds, enjoying the time spent in it, strive to help others to the best of our ability and leave STO the same or better by our presence as when we arrived.

★ Section 2 - Articles of Community
    Common sense fleet principles applying to all; members and leaders alike.

Article
    ~ 2.1 -

I will treat fellow fleet-members, teammates and associates with regard, mindful I am interacting with another real person at their computer.
    ~ 2.2 -
    I am and will be primarily responsible for the well being of any of my STO characters,
    ~ 2.3 -
    While a member in good standing, I can avail freely of information and support upon request without risk of trolling or prejudice. I will use services provided to enhance my playing abilities, learn new things, chat & team with fellow members and enjoy my time.
    ~ 2.4 -
    I will not abuse fleet privileges, such as by depleting fleet bank with steady withdrawals, tricking members into giving valuables or virtual currency or bribing leaders for rank advancement.
    ~ 2.5 -
    I will not join and use the fleet and any associated services for any malicious purpose either deliberate or otherwise, such as to flame/spam/stalk/harass, luring members to leave for another fleet or channel, emptying fleet provisions, kicking/banning without authorization, using any rank for a hostile takeover or any use violating STO ToS and Fleet Charter.
    ~ 2.6 -
    I am an active and regular STO player. If I am going to be absent for an extended period of time (more than 1 month), I will try to notify an administrator/leader or leave a comment in the fleet Roster notifying to that effect.
    ~ 2.7 -
    Should I transgress any Articles of Charter, I understand I am subject to peer review and appropriate consequential action as decided upon by the community administration. I will bear no malice in word or deed towards the community and fellow members for measures taken as result of my transgression.
    ~ 2.8 -
    If I be witness to a transgression by any member(s), I will notify an administrator or leader; be honest and forthcoming in describing what I've seen and show restraint in my reactions and dealings with the transgressor(s). I will not make a bad situation worse by attempting to flame/harass the transgressor(s), but leave them to be handled by the administrators.
    ~ 2.9 -
    I will avoid arguments with fellow team/fleet/channel members. If I find myself in one, I will take the argument into a private chat. Above all, I will strive to be rational and use common sense in interactions with fellow members to the best of my ability.
    ~ 2.10 -
    I will be mindful and protect my community's best interests at all times.

★ Section 3 - Articles of Leadership
    Strategic principles for leaders, administrators and moderators.

Article
    ~ 3.1 -

I will uphold and follow Fleet Charter and STO ToS. I will not engage in behavior I prefer associates not practice.
    ~ 3.2 -
    Once given a position of trust, I will not abuse that trust for any reason.
    ~ 3.3 -
    I will use caution and any measures of safety to the best of my ability to be protective of account(s) and game character, at all times.
    ~ 3.4 -
    I will remain composed in situations of drama; not affected by personal remarks, sarcastic behavior, ridicule, taunts or pressure to the best of my ability. I will think clearly and use appropriate action whenever needed.
    ~ 3.5 -
    I will not knowingly accept bribes, engage in rule-breaking without good cause, entertain in argumentative behavior without reason or put myself in a position by which others may ascertain moral high-ground or maliciously undermine the community.
    ~ 3.6 -
    I will not be dismayed if members undervalue my service to the community. As a good leader, I will maintain a steady course of accomplishment, regardless of popular opinion.
    ~ 3.7 -
    I will not seek to accomplish alone, but maintain contact with and work together with other administrators and leaders.
    ~ 3.8 -
    I will be active, playing at least once weekly to keep in touch with members and remain relevant to the fleet.
    ~ 3.9 -
    If I choose to leave my office, I must notify fellow moderators/administrators/leaders and specifically delegate another member or members with the responsibilities of my current position or wait until they are chosen before leaving my post.
    ~ 3.10 -
    Being responsible, I will uphold the community's best interests and that of other members before my own.

★ Section 4 - Articles of Armada
    Sensible guiding principles to maintain long-term fleet partnerships.

Article
    ~ 1.1 -

All members of fleets in the Armada work together cooperatively as equals, regardless which fleet they are from or their Alpha/Beta/Gamma position in the Armada.
    ~ 1.2 -
    The Alpha fleet is neutral territory for all fleets, jointly managed by all Armada fleet leaders who are responsible for it's building and well-being. Working together thus, no fleet in the Armada can claim superiority over the other; but all stand united in shared responsibility.
    ~ 1.3 -
    Leaders of the Armada fleets share the responsibilities of managing, maintaining and building the armada along with all the fleets in it; as well as the Armada's ally network and associated main channel XTERN1TY.
    ~ 1.4 -
    Active leaders and members shall convene monthly in RoundTable conference to coordinate, plan and discuss ideas or to just meet and keep in touch.
    ~ 1.5 -
    All admins/leaders should manage responsibly and strive to resolve any issues that may arise with understanding. They should regularly communicate with other other admins/leaders to maintain good relations.
    ~ 1.6 -
    If a member of any fleet in the armada is being disruptive, admins who notice it first should tactfully relate it to the Leader or active admin of the member's fleet so they can take care of it. Admins told of disruptive activity should be understanding and resolve issues without it disrupting good relations or alliances of any fleet in the network.
    ~ 1.7 -
    Leaders and Admins of any fleet in the Armada are free to create and host events in the main channel, for members of all network fleets to participate. They shall be free to recruit and invite other players and fleets into the Armada until it is maxed.
    ~ 1.8 -
    Recruiting should be conducted outside of the network. Fleet leaders shall not invite any member of any other fleet in the Armada without permission of it's fleet leader or lure any members away from their home fleet to increase their own player base. However members of all armada fleets are free to build, travel and be invited between any fleet in the Armada.
    ~ 1.9 -
    All Armada fleet leaders shall be channel moderators of the XTERN1TY channel and able to invite at will, with the exception of banned disreputable players according to the list. As moderators with full mute/kick powers they will be watchful for banned or disruptive users and spies, to mute/kick them accordingly.
    ~ 1.10 -
    Recruiters should invite members to join /channel_join XTERN1TY upon joining any of the Armada's fleets, so they can use the channel and its services.
    ~ 1.11 -
    Players who have Teamspeak should join and gather at Teamspeak managed by fleet Orion Cygnus. Players who have Raidcall should join and gather at Raidcall managed by fleet Thrasher Command.
    ~ 1.12 -
    Harassment (i.e.: persistent name-calling, stalking, trolling, or other form of shameful attack, whether in-game, on the forum or on an off-game site) towards any member of any fleet in the Armada because of their chosen affiliation in our network will be considered an affront to all. All fleets shall protect each other equally and confront adversaries in unity.
    ~ 1.13 -
    This network and its fleets are a peaceful gathering of Star Trek Online players and shall not engage in any offensive action without first being attacked; (i.e.: persistently trolled, naming and shaming, bullied etc...) and no action should be taken alone in response to such behavior. However we reserve the right to act in any unified means necessary, including reporting, vocal opposition and using any harmful methods used on us upon attackers; to condemn and deprive game enjoyment in return to individuals or groups engaging in such acts upon our members until they cease or are removed.
    ~ 1.14 -
    The goal for all builders in the Armada shall be to make all fleets in the Armada T-5 while maintaining sufficient provisions to provide free top grade fleet gear and ships for all members of network channel XTERN1TY.
    ~ 1.15 -
    The present and future goal for the Network, it's Armadas and allies and it's channel XTERN1TY is to facilitate teamplay, give free access to needed services and help for players, and provide a pleasant active environment for all participants to enjoy what Star Trek Online has to offer.

edited August 2015
    Jolan Tru,

It is my humble privilege to announce our mutual partnership in armada with friends and longtime allies. It is the successful realization of years of teamwork, started here when we built upon the idea of bringing small and large fleets together for a larger collaborative community not monopolized by any single group, but jointly managed by the individual members.

We are currently the largest known collaborative network of its kind on STO. Together, the fleets of STOAN are home to approximately 3,000 players, in over 20 fleets. For players with voicecom capability, we feature both teamspeak and raidcall, along with a troll-free, in-game, multi-fleet, teaming/free service/chat channel for players who request an invite.

Some of the STOAN KDF fleets are:
    Corsairs of Shadow
    Swords of the Brave
    Qo'nos Battle Order
    Invictus
    House of Orion-Cygnus
    9th Klingon Suvwl'
    DOFFCALLS
    XTERN1TY.

Among the STOAN Fed fleets are:
    Thrasher Command
    9th IDIC
    Orion Cygnus
    Xiphias
    The Good Guys
    DOFFJOBS
    Encrypted Data
    Starbase 001
    XTERN1TY

If you are a fleet or armada leader and want to team with STOAN, even if you don't join our armadas; feel free to message us here or in private anytime. Some of the advantages of networking with STOAN are:

- Combined teaming. If you're fleet is not as active as it was, you can team with us, start and lead teams in our main channel without having to leave your fleet.
    - Building opportunities. Have too many marks? Got purple gear you'd like to stock up a fleet's bank with? We have the room and welcome donors. Similarly if you need marks or help building, teaming with our community of helpful players lets you avail of help from a more reliable and larger array of donors than you can find in public channels.
    - Events. Reap the rewards of community-led gaming when you partner with us on multi-fleet network events, such as giveaways, recruitment events, parties and PvP.

Collaboration makes all that and more possible. We look forward to working with you. Dif tor heh smusma.

Regards,

@xtern1ty
    Leader of XTERN1TY, supporting fleet of STOAN
    in collaboration with hawke, lyssel, caitlyn, Frank, Mike, Zero, gamersaint, bubblesandteia, Savage, Mereille, euclidese, Droog, levi, jaydawg, Denison, esteban, many others and most importantly you; the extraordinary team players of STO, without which this would not be possible. You are the real pillars of the community.
    Post edited by xtern1ty on
  • tacticalrooktacticalrook Member Posts: 810 Arc User
    DOFFJOBS has terminated its affiliation with this organization.
    /channel_join grind
  • thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    Should have called it "STONED".

STOAN sounds like medication for a bad back. Is that telling? Meds. Back. So, STOAN is the cure for treachery. I've got your back. "Et tu, Brute?"

https://youtube.com/watch?v=MOfOc1OYfk4​​
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png