test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Long Nails: I'm sorry to ask, but...

tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 529 Arc User
Now that I've seen 'Long Nails' for female characters, I'm sorry to say that someone really needs to look at fingernails sometime. The nails as done are too long, they would break in a moment. Not to mention they're not even pretty at that length.

It may have escaped the art department's notice somehow, but if you ask an actual woman (instead of just looking at the, uh, 'private image collection' you brought in), they'll inform you that women who wear their nails at that length are rare. Most consider them claws at that point, and ugly.

Don't suppose the art team has the resources to consider doing 'medium length nails' that only stick out 1/3 as far past the fingertips, do they?​​
Post edited by tasshena on

Best Answer

• bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    Answer ✓
    Actually, I suspect the reasoning behind their size is simply visible scale. Yes if you manage to zoom way in and see them up close they are gawd awful long for human like nails. However, in a normal view, at the type of scale and range we see each other at, much shorter than this would be virtually invisible to each other. Heck in a normal view I can barely see them on my own toons, of course the ability to put some color on them would help alleviate this.
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!

Answers

• artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    They are the same as the ones for males so they can't just be decorative long nails, they must be claws. Look at the Remans in Nemesis, I think that's what they were going for. ​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    I agree with @artan42 here. While I have to wonder about Cryptic's 'interpretation' of the female anatomy at some points, "long nails" aren't supposed to be 'decorative' finger nails (I'd never wear those off-duty, let alone on duty. But then again I just need to scratch mine at some rocks from time to time to keep them all fine and dandy pig-47.gif) but rather alien claws, like reptlian or predatory ones.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 529 Arc User
    And when do you ever, EVER see a Human, Romulan, Vulcan, or anything else outside an Orion, Reman, and a couple Klingons maybe have nails like that, anywhere? If so, point me to where on Memory Alpha, because I sure as hell don't remember it. ​​
  • architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    For the love of god, please put a subject in the thread title . . .it is really not that hard.
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 529 Arc User
    bloodyriz wrote: »
    Actually, I suspect the reasoning behind their size is simply visible scale. Yes if you manage to zoom way in and see them up close they are gawd awful long for human like nails. However, in a normal view, at the type of scale and range we see each other at, much shorter than this would be virtually invisible to each other. Heck in a normal view I can barely see them on my own toons, of course the ability to put some color on them would help alleviate this.

I suppose I can accept that somewhat, but I notice it significantly when I'm at normal view even, I don't zoom out as far as you do apparently. :p
    ​​
  • dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    artan42 wrote: »
    They are the same as the ones for males so they can't just be decorative long nails, they must be claws. Look at the Remans in Nemesis, I think that's what they were going for. ​​
    Yeah, this is just the reuse of an existing asset, unlocking it for more species. I agree, they're not the prettiest, but any loosening of asset restrictions is appreciated.
  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    So Calevista, are there any plans to make these nails colorable?
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!