test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Should Polls Be Eliminated From the Forums?

2»

Comments

• lsegnlsegn Member Posts: 594 Arc User
    No
    No.

/thread

Ummm... I think you forgot something.
  • urmuz1urmuz1 Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    Poll: Are Polls about Polls really necessary? Yes or No

0 Yes

0 No
    Not an ARC user
  • bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Yes
    Also State your reasons in a post if you like.

Heck...yes. They are useless since it means nothing to anyone.
    ​​
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
  • rickdankorickdanko Member Posts: 470 Arc User
    No
    Sheesh. If you don't like the polls, don't click on them! Just because you don't like polls, or you were disappointed that the poll didn't live up to its title doesn't entitle you to take the feature away from others.
    The only thing people are more afraid of than being free is other people being free!
    They're not really gone, as long as we remember them
    candle_burning.gif
    Plasma Nugget
    Rayzee
    excellentawesome#4589
    torgaddon101
    raeat

I'm allowed to disagree.
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,166 Arc User
    rickdanko wrote: »
    Sheesh. If you don't like the polls, don't click on them! Just because you don't like polls, or you were disappointed that the poll didn't live up to its title doesn't entitle you to take the feature away from others.
    The only thing people are more afraid of than being free is other people being free!

Don't be silly. That kind of common sense logic doesn't apply on internet message boards.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    Yes
    rakija879 wrote: »
    Also State your reasons in a post if you like.

While we are at it, lets make a new one to decide if you should get a ban for making stupid polls.

A ban? Really? What's your basis for this? What makes this poll stupid? I asked a question and I gave the option for both yes and no. Unlike some other polls in which the OP tries to steer the conversation and/or votes toward his or her position.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • mainamaina Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    artan42 wrote: »
    tacofangs wrote: »
    It was abused in the first couple weeks, but seems to be much better now.
    Having polls isn't the issue (the old forums had polls, you know)

Did it!? I don't remember any.

Neither did the "wise ferengi", who kept making them through a 3rd party site.

They where there.

​​
    gHF1ABR.jpg
  • kirimuffinkirimuffin Member Posts: 695 Arc User
    No
    I get that seeing so many pointless and/or badly-written polls is annoying, but fewer and fewer of them are being made as time goes on. I think that lots of folks just want to play with the new forum feature, and once they get that out of their systems, the pointless polls will die down even further.
  • phalanx01phalanx01 Member Posts: 360 Arc User
    No
    We definitely need more polls!
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    No
    Polls for the poll god.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    not Eliminated just restricted to sensible polls instead of daft polls like this one, having some irrelevant polls is bad enough but to have polls about having polls is just plain lunacy.

keep the polls about the game and have sensible polls like - would you like to see more x,y or z in missions or should they do a,b or c to ships or weapons for example, or even should they concentrate all their efforts on the next season solely to PVP.

some of the polls I have seen on this site lately have been totally worthless and irrelevant and this one is a fine example.

its that bad I'm not even going to bother casting a vote.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• groomofweirdgroomofweird Member Posts: 1,045 Arc User
    Polls in principle? no, they're an amusing and sometimes informative feature.
    "Is your hat green?" and other such pointless polls that come around from time to time? Yes.
    Sometimes I find the lack of unbiased or thought out response choices annoying but in general, like other threads if I dont like it or dont want to post in it or contribute, I just click "back" and move on.
    Nimoysig1_zpsr79joxz3.jpg
    "If this will be our end, then I will have them make SUCH an end as to be worthy of rememberance! Out of torpedos you say?! Find me the ferengi!".
This discussion has been closed.