test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Removing the W->S mod from warp cores

We will be bringing down the Tribble server for maintenance to apply a new update: ST.52.20150726a.2.
  • Resolved an issue where some non-epic quality warp core combinations from vendors included the W->S mod.
    • Existing warp cores with the W->S mod present prior to epic quality will have the mod replaced with A->S.
    • W->S will still remain present as the epic quality mod.

What gives? When did this become an issue? Especially with the Elite Fleet Warp Cores from the mine, these were specifically put into the game that way, and I specifically spent hard earned fleet credits and dilithium specifically for the w->s mod, and I'm sure others have as well. We didn't want the A->S. If I'm not mistaken, the w->s mod came BEFORE upgrading so.....yeah what gives? Why should we have to have the mod WE DON'T WANT? And I'm sorry for speaking in plural here, but I refuse to believe I'm the only one. So yeah, not cool. Please reconsider this.
bridges.jpg
Let us upgrade the Seleya Ceremonial Lirpa and Kri'stak Blade

Comments

• Options
    primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    My guess is the Comment about existing items, probably is in regards to UPGRADED Items that gained that Mod, not a Fleet Core that has that mod by default. Not sure though...

@borticuscryptic Can you Clarify?
  • Options
    rtk142rtk142 Member Posts: 613 Arc User
    I've since discovered they actually made the change on holodeck on July 16th, it just didn't register when I saw it in the patch notes. I still think this is a bad move regardless, I want my w->s mod back. @borticuscryptic or anyone else should really have made a bigger deal out of this
    bridges.jpg
  • Options
    amayakitsuneamayakitsune Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    So... when Warp Cores are upgraded to Epic they gain a guaranteed W>S mod. It has been this way since the upgrade system has been around.

Warp Cores that already had W>S prior to them reaching epic only benefited from one of the two W>S mods and not both.

Recently, they changed Warp Cores that already had W>S and gave them all A>S. But when they did this they missed some in the fleet vendors, and thats what this is fixing.​​
    7NGGeUP.png

• Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Recently, they changed Warp Cores that already had W>S and gave them all A>S. But when they did this they missed some in the fleet vendors, and thats what this is fixing.​​

Yes, but also that it was too hard to fix the 2x W->S on epic which wasn't working anyways, so the easier solution was to modify all our existing cores that we bought specifically for the W->S.

Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • Options
    rtk142rtk142 Member Posts: 613 Arc User
    They couldn't, I don't know, give a DIFFERENT mod on epic?
    bridges.jpg
  • Options
    gralerongraleron Member Posts: 221 Arc User
    rtk142 wrote: »
    They couldn't, I don't know, give a DIFFERENT mod on epic?

What other mod would encourage people to justify to themselves the expense required to upgrade to epic?
    Vice Admiral Elaron, USS Hard Light