test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Trying to build a cheap Jhu’ael HEC

rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
I'm building a Jhu’ael for an undergeared tactical alt. To save some cash, I'll be using the 3pc set. That means I will also be using plasma cannons. I already have the romulan hyper plasma torpedo, elite scorpions, and the zero point console.

TT1, APB1, CSV2, CRF3
TT1, THY2

EPTS1, RSP1, EPTW3
ET1

HE1, ST2, GW1

My questions are: Are there any pilot powers I could fit in or am I just good to go? Any general power suggestions? Ideas for cheap gear?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,637 Arc User
    Do you have a Command Cruiser you could Master to get it's trait on this toon? All Hands on Deck would really make your build quite nice. Without it or Reciprocity (which at 30+ Mil EC, I'm guessing is out of the 'cheap' range) your build seems a bit unfocused Tac side. With un-augmented cooldowns, I would drop THY2 for another APB, or drop CSV2 down to 1 in place of THY2 and put APO1 in its place.

DOffs: Law from the Nimbus arc and the rare Jem'Hadar Projectile Weapons Officer from Facility 4028 (I think, may be one of the other 2800 arc) to get more torps out of the Romulan launcher. 2x blue or better Damage Control Engineer to reduce cooldowns on the Emerency powers (blues are usually fairly cheap), then one --or two if going to unlock 6th DOff slot-- Maintenance Engineer to reduce cooldown of ET1

As far as cheap gear, the Solanae set is decently survivable and will give a nice damage boost to your Gravity Well with +35 Particle Generators (at Mk XII VR that it drops at). Plasma DHCs should be decently cheap on the Exchange, and there's the Caustic Plasma Weapons from one of the Rom exclusive missions. I think you can get Mk XI Green Plasma Tac consoles from a mission, but even Mk XII VR ones shouldn't be terribly expensive on the Exchange. Particle Field Exciters are dead cheap at UR with meh mods, and sometimes even Mk XIV can be had for a pittance, gives you more shields and Particle Gens.

I still need to do a decent poke of the Pilot abilities, but nothing really stands out.
  • Options
    rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    tom61sto wrote: »
    Do you have a Command Cruiser you could Master to get it's trait on this toon? All Hands on Deck would really make your build quite nice. Without it or Reciprocity (which at 30+ Mil EC, I'm guessing is out of the 'cheap' range) your build seems a bit unfocused Tac side. With un-augmented cooldowns, I would drop THY2 for another APB, or drop CSV2 down to 1 in place of THY2 and put APO1 in its place.

DOffs: Law from the Nimbus arc and the rare Jem'Hadar Projectile Weapons Officer from Facility 4028 (I think, may be one of the other 2800 arc) to get more torps out of the Romulan launcher. 2x blue or better Damage Control Engineer to reduce cooldowns on the Emerency powers (blues are usually fairly cheap), then one --or two if going to unlock 6th DOff slot-- Maintenance Engineer to reduce cooldown of ET1

As far as cheap gear, the Solanae set is decently survivable and will give a nice damage boost to your Gravity Well with +35 Particle Generators (at Mk XII VR that it drops at). Plasma DHCs should be decently cheap on the Exchange, and there's the Caustic Plasma Weapons from one of the Rom exclusive missions. I think you can get Mk XI Green Plasma Tac consoles from a mission, but even Mk XII VR ones shouldn't be terribly expensive on the Exchange. Particle Field Exciters are dead cheap at UR with meh mods, and sometimes even Mk XIV can be had for a pittance, gives you more shields and Particle Gens.

I still need to do a decent poke of the Pilot abilities, but nothing really stands out.

Oh, thanks for the quick reply!

I have AHOD and Emergency Weapon Cycle. For doffs I have 3 blue DCEs. I forgot about Law and I will be getting him.

I'm going for the classic GW, CSV, TS combo. I was thinking of maybe changing for a different torpedo and actually using TS but right now I'm getting the 2pc set bonus for the extra plasma damage.

Maybe I should change CRF3 for CSV3 and then take CRF1. CRF1 is so I can get some use out of the ship trait, but I'm open to anything really.

Thanks
  • Options
    azmodeasazmodeas Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    the one pilot ability I've enjoyed so far was attack Pattern Lambda. It's seem to work fairly well. been using it in place of AP beta. A course I could be doing it wrong, but it's one the few pilot ablities I've played with and enjoyed.
  • Options
    narthaisnarthais Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    If you're going to be running cannons Lock Trajectory is a handy pilot boff skill to have, particularly if you have Peddle to the Metal from the pilot spec tree as it allows you to keep your full throttle, pass your target, and still keep cannons on them.