test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Priority One Podcast @ STLV15 - Got Questions?

elijahmreelijahmre Member Posts: 195 Arc User
Hello Admirals!

We are pleased to announce that Priority One Productions will be attending the 2015 Star Trek Las Vegas Convention! Thanks to our friends at Geek Nation Tours, members of the Priority One team will be on site to report on all the convention happenings – including all Star Trek Online related events! We're looking forward to sitting down with the DEVs at our table this year and chatting about Star Trek Online!

As always, with big events like this, we like to turn to the community for questions you'd like to hear asked of the DEVs (where applicable). Now, several members of the Star Trek Online team will be there, so we need your help with keeping the questions sorted properly. Here are the instructions:

Please TAG your questions with one of the following:
  • [SYSTEMS]
  • [ART]
  • [CONTENT]
  • [FOUNDRY]
  • [OTHER]
  • [CAST/CREW]

For Example:
  • [SYSTEMS] - When will the XYZ modifiers perform 123 when applying ABC?
.... or....
  • [CONTENT] - In the latest featured episode, our character performed XYZ... how will this impact the state of the federation in 123?

We will STOP taking questions on Thursday, August 6th at 12:00:00 EASTERN TIME

Be sure not to miss our convention coverage by following our social media websites!!

FACEBOOK
TWITTER

And if you're a Patreon supporter, we hope to share extra special content for you!! Check your Patreon Inbox for messages from Priority One!

See you at Vegas!

Edit: I've added [CAST/CREW] because we may get lucky and have a few celebrity interviews -- especially those who have might have voiced the game.
Please remember that posting your question does not guarantee it will be asked.
We will do our best to get through as many as possible - time permitting.
Post edited by elijahmre on

Comments

• thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Nice. Looking forward to hearing this year's news. Here are my questions:

[SYSTEMS/CONTENT]: Now that we have a fleet system that allows fleets to help each other out, will Romulans ever be able to create their own new Romulan themed starbases? I ask this because in the past the excuse that "people don't want to level new fleets" was given, but now new fleets are a valuable part of the Armada system.

[FOUNDRY]: When the top 3 foundry system was introduced, it sounded like this was going to be expanded in the future. Is this still happening?

[SYSTEMS/CONTENT]: On the last community poll, exploration came in first, and expanded fleet functionality came in...4th? I can't remember. Anyway, why was expanded fleet functionality done before the obvious first choice?
    Post edited by thegrandnagus1 on

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • robyvisionrobyvision Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    [OTHER] When are we going to get the tire 6 bop (bird of prey)? - its a Klingon ship.
  • svindal777svindal777 Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    robyvision wrote: »
    [OTHER] When are we going to get the tire 6 bop (bird of prey)? - its a Klingon ship.

What makes you think 1 is coming?
    Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on.
  • robyvisionrobyvision Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    dumb idea ;)
    No really I think it was mentioned in some P1 ep.
  • rakija879rakija879 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    [SYSTEMS]
    - is the commando specialization going to be expanded?

- is the crew mechanic going to get a revamp ever?

- are there any plans of making boffs having more that one weapon slot, or maybe players having a third one?

- any plans for expanding the ground/space device slots?

- when are we going to be able to craft melee weapons?
  • castsbugccastsbugc Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    [foundry] what as a community can we the players do in order to bring more focus on the foundry and as such, make it a higher priority for updates and import of options from say NW?
  • chemistrysetchemistryset Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    [SYSTEMS] It started with rubberbanding when the Anniversary Event went live. Now we have not only rubberbanding, but also disconnects, lag and on some maps - in the truest sense of the word - a slide show. Will the game EVER be playable again?
    The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains is great news for stupid people.
  • tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    any question worth asking wont be asked anyway.​​
  • supergirl1611supergirl1611 Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    any question worth asking wont be asked anyway.​​

This sooooo much this
  • holofrogholofrog Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    [SYSTEMS]
    When can we expect the lag to go away?

[CONTENT]
    Can we have Space-PvE-Queues in future without timegate? Don't like to play the new ones, because they are timegated.
  • john98837john98837 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    [Content] When are you bring back No Win Scenario?
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    (beware, copious amounts of Mall Santa questions follow)

[SYSTEMS]
    MALL SANTA

[ART]
    Will (current) minor allied characters other than Gorn, Talaxian, Bajoran, Nausicaan, Xindi, Ferengi, Krenim, Reman and Orion ever get their own unique outfit styles?

Klingon forehead piercings when?

Andorian antenna animation when?

[CONTENT]
    If talks of a playable Cardassian faction happened, has the team considered renaming the existing Lockbox Galor to "True Way Galor" or the like to differentiate it from the inevitable faction-exclusive Galor-class starship?

Nausicaan/Lethean females when?

Playable BOFFs(at least in social zones) when?

Any plans to release more specialization ships that have Gather Intel and Pilot Maneuvers?

Is Q getting his lulz from the whole Iconian war?

Benzite BOFFs when?

Considered just making kit modules into captain-specific training manuals for a future kit revamp? Or better yet, training manuals for even high-ranked bridge officers to use? A lot of the more premium kit powers are completely unavailable to BOFFs.

Event item account unlocks(like we got for event ships) for items like the ZEFRAM COCHRANE SHOTGUN?

Moar(not "more", MOAR) rep-unlockable stuff from older reps?

[FOUNDRY]
    I understand that the tailor file save/load feature was removed due to a bug. Will it ever return?

[OTHER]
    MALL SANTA
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    [ART] [FOUNDRY] [CONTENT]
    • Typhoon and Jupiter Class starships please.
    • Norway and Yeager starships please.
    • K'Vort, D5, and ENT BoP starships please.
    ​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    [SYSTEMS] Last year at a STLV14 P1 podcast, Captain Geko mentioned a Skill and Power revamp. At the time there was even a dev that posted a thread asking for player feedback on powers. Is this still a thing? Some old powers just aren't useful in today's game or just need some tweaking. For example, Aceton Beam seems like a good power, but has a really long cooldown making it useless for most of the match.
    edited August 2015
    deokkent wrote: »
    Everyone else loses. These will be the only questions asked :D.
    I sure hope not. Mine are just greedy spoiled MMO brat questions.
    Hmm, is my comment nonsensical to you, random stranger? I know exactly what you mean.
    Sorry, I'm extremely oblivious. It seems to me that you're attempting to predict what exact questions will be asked, but I could be wrong...
  • xapocalypseponyxxapocalypseponyx Member Posts: 577 Arc User
    [SYSTEMS] Lag: Is it permanent?

[SYSTEMS] Lag: If not, is there any guesstimate on how many more months it will take to address it?

[SYSTEMS] Lag: Will you consider posting regular updates on these forums on progress with the latency issues?

[SYSTEMS] Lag: Would it be possible to disable all offending traits, specializations, consoles and abilities and then re-enable them as fixes are found?

[SYSTEMS] Lag: Are steps being taken to ensure new traits, specializations, consoles and abilities are not introducing new sources of lag?

[SYSTEMS] Lag: The server seems to get really unstable now after restarts. Is this a known issue or just a freak repeating coincidence?

[SYSTEMS] Lag: Seriously. Is it "simply" a matter of time consuming labor, insufficient funding, what-have-you that is dragging this out for so long or are there aspects of the latency problem that you just do not know how to correct?
  • chemistrysetchemistryset Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    [SYSTEMS] Lag: Is it permanent?

[SYSTEMS] Lag: If not, is there any guesstimate on how many more months it will take to address it?

[SYSTEMS] Lag: Will you consider posting regular updates on these forums on progress with the latency issues?

[SYSTEMS] Lag: Would it be possible to disable all offending traits, specializations, consoles and abilities and then re-enable them as fixes are found?

[SYSTEMS] Lag: Are steps being taken to ensure new traits, specializations, consoles and abilities are not introducing new sources of lag?

[SYSTEMS] Lag: The server seems to get really unstable now after restarts. Is this a known issue or just a freak repeating coincidence?

[SYSTEMS] Lag: Seriously. Is it "simply" a matter of time consuming labor, insufficient funding, what-have-you that is dragging this out for so long or are there aspects of the latency problem that you just do not know how to correct?

I like this post. :)
    The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains is great news for stupid people.
  • elijahmreelijahmre Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    I'm sorry folks - Allow me to clarify my disclaimer. The main reason that would keep us from asking a question would be time-constraint. I encourage everyone to submit questions. Even You! And You! You too!
    edited August 2015
    Learn to logic. I can't help you with that.
    Yeah, I've been trying to do that. But if you know something that I do not, you can definitely help with it my explaining the logic involved. Not everyone can see things from your perspective.
    Or this
    dialectical+discourse.jpg

Or whatever... Many options open to you.
    Or what? You just posted a picture. I don't understand what you're trying to say from a picture. Nor what the text has to do with anything about what you're trying to say.

You're not being very clear.
  • SanoSano Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    orangeitis wrote: »
    Sorry, I don't understand what you're trying to say.

Or this

You are just posting whatever just to get your post count up or whats your problem?

Again how about you STFU, Punk?

@topic
    [content]
    When do we get the tarantula (Tholian Dread)?

[systems]
    When will the lag-causing abilities be fixed? There was a list posted saying Borticus is crushing the bugs seven at a time but that was month ago by now and its still laggy as hell.
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    [SYSTEMS] I'm still seeing reports in various threads that doff assignments aren't updating properly in sector space unless you are sitting right on the sector border. Is this still being worked on? For reference, here are two previous threads on the issue:

http://perfectworld.vanillaforums.com/discussion/1187129/doffing-on-the-border-hope-this-helps
    http://perfectworld.vanillaforums.com/discussion/1189894/haggle-for-assignments-still-missing

[SYSTEMS] There are reports of multiple bugs in the armada system. For example, the skill point bonus seems to work only with kills, not with mission rewards or doff assignments. And sometimes, the armada level, skill point bonus, and dilithium discount are calculated incorrectly (note that this may have more than one cause). See the threads below.

http://perfectworld.vanillaforums.com/discussion/1196842/does-bonus-skill-points-actually-work-from-armada
    http://perfectworld.vanillaforums.com/discussion/1197485/armada-skill-point-bonus-not-working-for-mission-rewards
    http://perfectworld.vanillaforums.com/discussion/1197701/armada-fleet-level-is-incorrect-fleet-showing-0-even-after-probation-period
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Member Posts: 1,872 Arc User
    [FOUNDRY] Will we see any new features added to the Foundry this year?
  • magnamaelduinmagnamaelduin Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    [CONTENT] So, I haven't been around from the beginning, so I may have missed this. What was the plan, back in the day, for the Comsat area in the Defera Invasion Zone?

[SYSTEMS/ART] Can we do a Kickstarter for an extra programmer (or three) to aid in crushing deeply imbedded bugs (and lag) and an extra artist for updating old models?

[OTHER] With T6 now the endgame-level ship, how about a Fleet Exeter already?

Edit:
    [ART] The ST:Generations Kirk vest has been in-game since Sphere of Influence. Why can't I buy it yet?
    Post edited by magnamaelduin on
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    [CONTENT]
    Are there plans for a future development of the Tholians? It seems they were kinda forgotten about after New Romulus and Nukura, but once the Iconian arc is over, it might be chance for continuing the story.

[CONTENT]
    Will we actually deal with the aftermath of the war, rebuilding worlds, helping refugees? Or will we move on to the next big bad because there is little queued event content thinkable of for this?

[CONTENT]
    Any plans of getting background material like "Tales of War" into the game itself?
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    [CONTENT] Will there be any new playable species for the current factions soon? Or new factions like playable Voth or Xindi?

[CONTENT] Will we see any new Federation members ships? Like a T6 Vulcan Science vessel, a T6 Kumari or other type of Andorian ship or new Caitian ships?

And I like mustrumridcully0's second question. Any chance we will see the consequences and aftermath of this oh so terrible war?
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    [SYSTEMS] - Are T7 starships in the works?

[CONTENT] - Are there any plans to open up the Andromeda galaxy to explore?

[FOUNDRY] - Will the Foundry continue to only receive minimal support, or will there be any more quality of life improvements made to it?
  • bbushwookiebbushwookie Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    [Systems] Many people unknowingly have donated R&D doffs to fleet projects, since they were not locked. Any plans on making R&D doffs more available?
    Space chatter is soothing~
  • burstdragon323burstdragon323 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    [OTHER] T6 KDF and Romulan Science ships, when?

HINT: You could just take the Scryer and Pathfinder and reskin them to KDF/RRF and people would be happy.
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Sano wrote: »
    orangeitis wrote: »
    Sorry, I don't understand what you're trying to say.

Or this

You are just posting whatever just to get your post count up or whats your problem?

Again how about you STFU, Punk?

Reported for name calling and strong R rated language.

Actually, PG-13 movies can have an "F-bomb" or 2, depending on other content.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg