test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Where is the Herald Sphere?

Up till now the Herald Sphere was only accessible via gateway. But now we can apparently warp right up to it. What's its location in the galaxy?
NJ9oXSO.png
"Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
-Thomas Marrone

Comments

• dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    Iconia System.

Where you left it after Sela ran away. Of course, Iconia's not almost at the northern most point of the map, but it's still in the Iconia system... (now on the far eastern marches...)​​
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    The Herald Sphere is a different sphere from the one we encountered in "Uneasy Allies". Miral discovered its existence in "Delta Flight", remember? And the backdrop in "Broken Circle" is very different from the one in the Iconia System.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • kitsunesnoutkitsunesnout Member Posts: 1,210 Arc User
    I find it all very confusing, there is so much inconsistency here about the sphere(s?), I was under the impression that the sphere we entered in Broken Circle was the one we once were inside with Sela that jumped to Iconia system, but it too also looks different inside? In that one we saw atmosphere, clouds, and city terrain below, but in this one of Broken Circle we see nothing like it or even the type of spire we were on during uneasy allies, and I was pretty sure it was implied to be the same sphere! Plus it's interior is also vastly smaller than the usual Dyson spheres and has no sun inside it. It seems like this isn't a Dyson sphere to begin with and more like a Deathstar Type construct.

Oh so very confusing this all is!
  • xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    I think the Herald Spheres are planetoid-sized objects, more comparable to the Voth Fortress ships then to the Dyson Spheres.

In "Broken Circle", we assaulted the Iconian Dyson Sphere, but ended up entering one of the Herald Spheres... it seems. Really a tad bit confusing.
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    Right next to Herald Square?

Sorry. I couldn't resist. :)
  • mreeves7amreeves7a Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    xiaoping88 wrote: »
    I think the Herald Spheres are planetoid-sized objects, more comparable to the Voth Fortress ships then to the Dyson Spheres.

In "Broken Circle", we assaulted the Iconian Dyson Sphere, but ended up entering one of the Herald Spheres... it seems. Really a tad bit confusing.

But is the Sphere outside of the Iconia THE Andromeda Sphere? We were on the Andromeda Sphere when it jumped, and shortly after a Sphere (with different external features than the Jenolan sphere) appeared around Iconia. We can assume it's same sphere, but we DO NOT know for sure. The Andromeda sphere may have just been moved closer to the conflict (short gateway distance = less Omega power needed for fleets?) and then the Herald sphere jumped into place at Iconia at the same time (again, power management in gate network? maybe to provide physical access to conflict area should gateways become compromised?). The reason I keep mentioning the gateways and power needs: why did they need to fill the Andromeda Sphere with ships in the first place? Because they could move that many via gateway at once, they needed to jump an entire sphere to move the Herald fleet.