test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Resolute..

captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
I was messing around in the ship tailor with my t5u excel earlier, looking for the nice combos. I knew I wouldn't use the whole resolute skin, but I figured I'd mix and match to see what works.
I have to admit, I'm surprised by the Resolute. I'm not a fan of how it looks as a whole, but most of those parts work really well with excelsior parts, shaking up the old reliable aesthetically. The neck and pylons of the resolute play really well with the excel in particular. I thought I'd hate it, but you know they really do work. It's almost as if that their whole idea revolved around just tweaking the old design, rather than have people use the whole resolute costume..

The ideal mix (in my eyes) consisted of the excel saucer, resolute neck, lakota/ent-b secondary hull and nacelles, resolution pylons. It gives the whole thing a nice touch up, without losing the old excel look. It gives her a few new curves!

Btw, what's with the tron (cough) 'intel ship' lines on the secondary hull of the Resolute? and why was the whole secondary narrowed? It looks a wee bit underweight now, compared to the old hull. That said, the extra depth given to the rear tail section looks a lot better, much beefier than the old fragile looking bit. Would it be possible to take that new tail and put something very similar on to the old secondary hull?

You know, bort was right. From the side, there is no doubt that the resolute is the child of the excelsior. I don't like the whole package, but the artists did a pretty damned good job with the parts. If only we could thank them in some way other than meaningless text!

Those stats on the resolute though...ugh. Give her t6 fleet avenger (arbiter?) stats to go with the excel/resolute skin package and I might just stop dreaming of a t6 tmp connie! :P

What do you people think?
I need a beer.

Comments

• Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    I demand pics.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    Even though I don't own the Resolute, I did play with it a little in the ship tailor on one of my characters that has the Excelsior Retrofit...

I think it's one of the best T6 'updates' to a classic ship yet - the nacelles are a little oversized for my tastes and I'm not sure about the pylons, but the hull, neck and saucer; you can see the Excelsior design in them and they work so smoothly with parts from the T3 and T5 Adv. Hvy. Cruisers that there's none of the overhang that you get with the T6 Exploration Cruiser (if you combine the T6 neck with a T4 hull, for example) or the T6 Warbird Battlecruiser (if you use the T4 'head' on a T6 hull, there's a pair of 'cheeks' where they don't really line up properly because the T6 head is wider than the T4 and the hull matches that width).

I am a little surprised, on a non-art angle, that they didn't try to combine the T3 Adv. Hvy. Cruiser's "Transwarp Computer Console" and the T6's "Tactical Manuvering Matrix" into some kind of set like they seem to every other time they release a new ship that's an 'update' of a lower Tier vessel...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    The parts do work well enough together between old and new Excelsior. I prefer the older version but toying with it at the tailor, it works together. A far, far cry from the Regent parts where almost all parts work poorly with the rest of the Assault Cruiser skins.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    The parts do work well enough together between old and new Excelsior. I prefer the older version but toying with it at the tailor, it works together. A far, far cry from the Regent parts where almost all parts work poorly with the rest of the Assault Cruiser skins.

Indeed. They have come a long way in that department!
    I need a beer.

• Options
    cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
  • Options
    Slight divergence - has anyone else noticed that the Resolute is 2500z instead of 3000z like other T6 ships? What do the rest of you think; mistake on someone's part and the price will go up or the first sign that prices in the C-Store might be going down for some things (T6 ships if nothing else)?
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    No pics? it didn't happen ...

Someone over in the Epic Screenshots thread has posted a nice one of the Excelsior saucer, Enterprise-B (Excelsior Retrofit, whatever) hull and nacelles, and the pylons and neck from the Resolute...
    scififan78 wrote: »
    The Ticonderoga has finished her refits and is now underway.

screenshot_2015-07-17-07-52-27_zpserddiyek.jpg
  • Options
    scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    The ideal mix (in my eyes) consisted of the excel saucer, resolute neck, lakota/ent-b secondary hull and nacelles, resolution pylons. It gives the whole thing a nice touch up, without losing the old excel look. It gives her a few new curves!

That is precisely the mix I used on mine. She is a bit too engineering heavy but not too bad. Not the best but not the worst either.
    No pics? it didn't happen ...

Someone over in the Epic Screenshots thread has posted a nice one of the Excelsior saucer, Enterprise-B (Excelsior Retrofit, whatever) hull and nacelles, and the pylons and neck from the Resolute...
    scififan78 wrote: »
    The Ticonderoga has finished her refits and is now underway.

screenshot_2015-07-17-07-52-27_zpserddiyek.jpg

Yup, There she is.
  • Options
    themetalstickmanthemetalstickman Member Posts: 1,010 Arc User
    Slight divergence - has anyone else noticed that the Resolute is 2500z instead of 3000z like other T6 ships? What do the rest of you think; mistake on someone's part and the price will go up or the first sign that prices in the C-Store might be going down for some things (T6 ships if nothing else)?

That's just a first chance sale. Same thing happened for the Arbiter, now it's at 3000 just like the rest.​​
    Og12TbC.jpg

Your father was captain of a starship for twelve minutes. He saved 800 lives, including your mother's, and yours.

I dare you to do better.
  • Options
    cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User