test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Your current little FUBAR with the new Featured episode!

uncharted2420uncharted2420 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
You knew damn well 10.5 would be active today wouldn't you THINK of ensuring it would go off without a hitch? and now i have to wait for you to finish coming up with whatever bloody problem that you overlooked to finish the episode! Any more SNAFU's you got planned? and if you have a problem with my language or my attitude then that's your problem and concern NOT MINE!

Comments

• Options
    pweistheworstpweistheworst Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    As several of us have mentioned in another thread, would you rather have random disconnects every few minutes for the next 24 hours until the devs release a hotfix patch tomorrow or wait a little while longer and have a stable patch today?

I'm annoyed about the server getting pulled as well; I just picked up the new T6 lobi ship and was outfitting it with weapons (despite multiple random disconnects during the first 10 minutes I was back in the game). I was just about to jump into missions when the devs took the server down for the hotfix.

Again, we can practically be certain that we'll have a better experience playing the game if the devs fix the stability issues NOW instead of letting us all suffer from random disconnects until tomorrow.

I just wish the devs had a better way to isolate and avoid this type of problem with large patches. It seems like we have server stability problems that require a hotfix after EVERY major patch with new content. :(
    In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."

Don't believe the lies in this forum. I am NOT an ARC user. I play STO on Steam or not at all.
  • Options
    nadiezjanadiezja Member Posts: 629 Arc User
    It's possible they can't fix the thing that causes the lag without the load that going live with the patch creates.
  • Options
    minababeminababe Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    You knew damn well 10.5 would be active today wouldn't you THINK of ensuring it would go off without a hitch? and now i have to wait for you to finish coming up with whatever bloody problem that you overlooked to finish the episode! Any more SNAFU's you got planned? and if you have a problem with my language or my attitude then that's your problem and concern NOT MINE!

Translation: "Wahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! Wahhhhhh!!!

Man, not even GTA players cried this much when GTA Online failed on launch day, and they actually had to spend money to access it.

It just goes to show the difference between experienced gamers who are used to hiccups like this (and take them in stride), and newbies who are so unused to bugs and other problems that they have to act like major drama queens when they do happen. Experienced gamers just find something else to do with their time. The newbies sit there all angsty like a "server offline" message is the end of the world, then post angsty, whiny screeds on forums about it.
    My Foundry Mission--Name: Falling Star | Mission ID: HQIH36HAW | Faction: FED
  • Options
    tomparisuk37tomparisuk37 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Well I've not played in a while due to the game constantly crashing out on the imac , had the email saying new episode out so thought I would try it out but yet again lasted all of 10 seconds from super lag to crash out completely glad I not signed for lifetime shame really as it used to be great