test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Romulan Uniforms

spielman1spielman1 Member Posts: 1,331 Arc User
Does anyone now the color code for the 24th century Romulan Uniforms. I have looked in the Uniform Guide for the uniform but all that is there is the Romulan Republic Uniforms and the TOS uniforms and the Tal Shiar uniforms.

Comments

• Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited July 2015
  • Options
    guljarolguljarol Member Posts: 980 Arc User
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    FYI guys, 24th Century Romulan Uniforms means the TNG uniforms in STO. If you're talking TOS era or Rom Republic uniforms, or anything from STO's current era, those are the wrong centuries B)

The Romulans are easy to figure out for the 24th century. For one, there's no "Division Colors," only Starfleet does that dumbass TRIBBLE. The only things distinguishing a Romulan from another with any sense are rank devices. But STO does not have Romulan rank devices, only those Truly Gaudy Rom Republic Oversized Pauldrons. There are no rank devices for the Rom TNG uniforms despite onscreen evidence of them existing. But then again, not all episodes with TNG era Romulans even had rank devices.

Anyways, there's enough TNG Romulan uniform screenshots. They varied a lot over the course of the years with TNG, DS9. You'll typically find that greys, blue-greys, even brown-greys dominate their color schemes for the TNG uniforms. You can't truly replicate the blue-greys because the blue is too strong in STO's color palettes.

Anyways, here are my takes for 2 Rom TNG style uniforms.
    VacBEVW.jpg
    Commander Tebok style from TNG's "The Neutral Zone"
    Uniform Jacket Loose
    Upper - Rom 24th Cent Padded Checker - I13, I17, I17
    Sash - 24th Cent - I23, I24, I13, I24
    Loose Mid Ankle
    Belt - Rom 24th Cent Sash Belt - All I24
    Lower - Rom 24th Cent Capris - I24
    Feet - Rom 24th Cent - All I24
    K7jcyr7.jpg
    "Typical" TNG Romulan uniform
    Uniform Jacket Loose
    Upper - Rom 24th Cent Padded Camo - I17, I20, I17
    Chest Gear - Rom 24th Cent - A24, A24, A20, A20
    Loose Mid Ankle
    Belt - Rom 24th Cent - A24, A24, A20, A20
    Lower - Rom 24th Cent Capris - I21
    Feet - Rom 24th Cent - I22, I22, I22

For a few references:
    Memory Alpha's Commander Tebok entry
    http://en.memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Tebok
    TNG Costume
    fUPpkD0.jpg
    TNG episode screenshot from "Face of the Enemy" That episode screenshot is a perfect example of the range of variety Romulan TNG uniforms had. The episode was very heavy in showing Romulans and it showcases their uniforms very well. I could figure no rhyme or reason to the uniform assignments. The only thing that stood out are the rank devices on the collar, that's it. No sense could be made of anything else. Subcommander N'Vek, the one standing on the left, wears the Rom 24th Cent Tiled upper. But STO's color palette brings it nowhere near that.

I'm sure there's more variety in canon TNG uniforms, especially if one cares to rewatch the episodes because the online screenshots won't catch everything. But the real limiting thing other than rank devices and more belt/chest gear variety in STO is the color palette. That held me back a lot.

Also, "Nemesis" uniforms are 24th century. Too bad they're not in.
    /cough
    /cough
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    protogothprotogoth Member Posts: 2,369 Arc User
    But STO does not have Romulan rank devices, only those Truly Gaudy Rom Republic Oversized Pauldrons.

Those are not pauldrons, but epaulettes ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47xusWONoAc