test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Nobody with Rank 7 privileges

fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
I am the fleet commander of my fleet. I had two characters that were listed as rank 7, but started the process of demoting my 'B' toon a few days ago in order to make things go faster when the armadas come. (I really didn't want to, but for some reason, even though they're both the same account, the game still mandates waiting periods.) Somehow, my 'A' toon got kicked from the fleet today. I got it added back, but, there seems to be a bug in that the 'B' toon that I started the demotion process is still going, which means that it doesn't have any rank 7 privileges (even though it's still listed as rank 7.) As such, it can't promote my 'A' toon back.

Question: What happens when the 'B' toon's demotion countdown completes? Will one of the other rank 6 toons automatically be promoted or will it be the first person that tries to claim the fleet? Will the demotion fail because there is no other Rank 7 toon?

Thanks

Comments

• majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    The only way your 'A' character could have been removed from the fleet in this case is if you accidentally left the fleet on that character. I'd contact customer support and explain to them that you're the only fleet admiral and what has happened. I'm not certain what will happen, but more than likely your character will be demoted. In this case anyone at Rank 6 (or possibly any rank) will be capable of claiming ownership.​​
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    Yea, I've opened up a trouble ticket with PWE already.
  • stobg2015stobg2015 Member Posts: 800 Arc User
    Ultimately the first person with the highest rank who claims fleet leadership gets it in this case. It's not automatic.

Hopefully you can work this out with your fleet's other high-ranking members. Customer support is not likely to get involved since there's already a mechanism for handling fleet transitions, albeit not necessarily in your favor.

My understanding is that the probation period for joining/leaving an armada is only when it's not approved unanimously. If all of the fleet leaders vote 'yes' the probation period is supposed to be waived. The probation period only goes full term if a fleet leader abstains (due to not logging in or whatever).

So you didn't need to demote 'B'. All you had to do was make sure you voted on each character.

Having multiple fleet leaders is a failsafe that I highly recommend.
    (The Guy Formerly And Still Known As Bluegeek)