test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Iconians Vs Krenim? Us in the middle? Who is Playing Who?

2»

Comments

• Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    gradii wrote: »
    Sano wrote: »
    I think cryptic is going to use the "we play with time"-Card to have an excuse to basically remake anything and everyone like they want by having this "its a new timeline"-excuse.
    It worked for JJ so I guess they thought hey we can do the same thing.
    While in general that may not be a bad thing I fear what cryptics gonna use this freedom for.
    They could easily make romulus reappear or like completely remove the borg from the timeline in just one move by just saying yeah you removed the iconians from existance but your calculations were off a bit and so such and such is now f'ed up

I highly doubt they'd do that given that they still are beholden to the owners of the IP, however it is a really really nasty thought.

I could easily see people leaving the game due to massive storyline quality decay like that, and we may already be seeing the start.

CBS is quite familiar with these resets ala Dallas and at the last moment The Newhart Show. Dallas to get them out of a mess they got themselves in and Newhart a very clever ending to that show.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    supersagatsupersagat Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Everyone here has alot of positive feed back and i really like alot of the Ideas thrown out on the table. Now even tho i can't count the year of heII not to have ever existed. we have to remember simple facts. ! mainly is that the iconians disappearance. Since we they can't influence Time. Also Iconian was Never seen until that sphere appears with them there was no idea where there location was, so building a ships so much that it block out the star in side the sphere's light meaning that they were back into the same fox hole like the kreniem by a opposing force. both races have reasons to have been not afraid anything in the universe. So why go into hiding. We know the temporal Feds that we are close to taking action. If the Feds manage to build that krenim ship its a weapon with on 2 functions one to slip out of real time space, second is to remove a race or object out of time stream making them vanish. So ask you all Do you honestly believe that krenium ship could erase a Race that existed for over 200,000 years but disappear after one big fight. Then you have to account for one additional fact could cause out allies to disappear and new enemies apear when the one causing the problem is gone. Each Race was giving something i had a idea of using the krenium ship a make the iconians think that the first one planet was destroyed we bring back the elders or even the that go killed and make him go thru the procces of rebirth to give us the map to the clues of the things from each race needed to defeat or bring peace back to the galaxy. its only a guess.
  • Options
    qziqza wrote: »
    ltminns wrote: »
    Still nothing says there has been a long struggle between the Iconians and the Krenim. As far as we know only the Vaadwaur were directed against them by the Iconians. The other attacks on the Krenim earlier may very well be the result of a bunch of species fighting back against the Krenim Empire that had conquered them. You know the same sort of stuff that happened with the Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire.
    cryptic are very obvious with their breadcrumbs.. if it is mentioned, it is mentioned for a reason, and the feature episode does have a lengthy bit of text on the whole hounded by many species over and over. it may be something or nothing.. but the iconians didnt just suddenly decide to focus everything on eradicating the krenim on a simple whim.. as the iconian queen said.. 'we stick to the plan'.. and that plan has been a very, very, long time in the making.
    ​​

Could very well be but perhaps a 'disturbance in the force' noticed by the Iconians after all of Annnorax's shenanigans had them take steps with the Vaadwaur to ensure that the Krenim would not be around to possibly TRIBBLE up 'The Plan' ©®.

I would venture to guess that those lobes on the side of the Krenim's Temple are related some how to their temporal sensitivity.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    paxfederaticapaxfederatica Member Posts: 1,496 Arc User
    That (1) the Krenim are now involved and (2) the devs have hinted at revisiting all the TV series in future content, screams Temporal Cold War to me. I'm even starting to think the "Other" turns out to be one and the same as the still-unidentified Future Guy.​​
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    ineluki71 wrote: »
    I think we are all forgetting what Sela said in her transmissions. Iconains cannot time travel. It destroys their brains. Anyone else catch that?

EDIT: Not in her communications/transmissions. But I do remember her saying it at some time.

Exactly.

That's why I'm saying they don't need to be erased, they need to be displaced. Get the Iconians together on a planet (they've already shown to be foolish enough to gather at one location simultaneously) then zap the whole planet forward in time by a week or two. Twelve dead Iconians, and anyone caught in the zap suffers nothing more horrible than losing two weeks' worth of time.
  • Options
    qziqzaqziqza Member Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    jexsamx wrote: »
    ineluki71 wrote: »
    I think we are all forgetting what Sela said in her transmissions. Iconains cannot time travel. It destroys their brains. Anyone else catch that?

EDIT: Not in her communications/transmissions. But I do remember her saying it at some time.

Exactly.

That's why I'm saying they don't need to be erased, they need to be displaced. Get the Iconians together on a planet (they've already shown to be foolish enough to gather at one location simultaneously) then zap the whole planet forward in time by a week or two. Twelve dead Iconians, and anyone caught in the zap suffers nothing more horrible than losing two weeks' worth of time.
    time travel does not kill then, they just lose all memory of the intervening time, or maybe they loose all sense of the intervening space? check out the mission that takes you to the guardian of time and ask it about the iconians i'm sure the reference is there, and the prophets, you get to talk to a prophet about it during the cardassian arc. i can't for the life of me remember exactly which say what though, but every npc you ask about the iconians has a little something extra to add. ​​
    tYld1gu.gif?1
    TOS style icons used with the kind permission of irvinis.deviantart.com ©2013-2015
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    g6Dfzrc.png?1
    i say we bring in someone we cant trust with time travel.. Dr Emmett Brown, now if only i knew were he was right now..
    Dr Emmett Brown / Robot Chicken / YouTube
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=cMJtzmWdHNc
    ​​
    tYld1gu.gif?1
    TOS style icons used with the kind permission of irvinis.deviantart.com ©2013-2015
  • Options
    Still nothing says there has been a long struggle between the Iconians and the Krenim. As far as we know only the Vaadwaur were directed against them by the Iconians. The other attacks on the Krenim earlier may very well be the result of a bunch of species fighting back against the Krenim Empire that had conquered them. You know the same sort of stuff that happened with the Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire.
    cryptic are very obvious with their breadcrumbs.. if it is mentioned, it is mentioned for a reason, and the feature episode does have a lengthy bit of text on the whole hounded by many species over and over. it may be something or nothing.. but the iconians didnt just suddenly decide to focus everything on eradicating the krenim on a simple whim.. as the iconian queen said.. 'we stick to the plan'.. and that plan has been a very, very, long time in the making.

Could very well be but perhaps a 'disturbance in the force' noticed by the Iconians after all of Annnorax's shenanigans had them take steps with the Vaadwaur to ensure that the Krenim would not be around to possibly TRIBBLE up 'The Plan' ©®.

I would venture to guess that those lobes on the side of the Krenim's Temple are related some how to their temporal sensitivity.
    ooh yeah the lobes.. so either species could have tripped wires or rang bells for the other. i guess this is the biggest draw back of interesting speculation.. you end up with some great theories, plot twists, directions and things to re-evaluate from other players, and it drives your expectations of the actual storyline skyward. a fine example of a question you probably shouldn't ask, but just want some answers too.
    ​​
    tYld1gu.gif?1
  • Options
    ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 283 Arc User
    Anyway, where is Temporal Investigations in all this? Where is Daniels? Why aren't they trying to stop all of this? Or us? I mean, wiping out an entire civilization definitely goes against the Prime Directive, regardless of a state of war or not.

Except it is not necessary to wipe out an entire civilization. It has already been wiped out by an ancient coalition, if you remember. Eliminiating the few more war inclined survivors on the other hand might seem acceptable in the long run. Removing T'Ket and M'Tara would leave L'Miren in charge. She doesn't seem to hold the same grudge against species and civilizations that didn't even exist 200 thousand years ago and seem an individual you could do diplomacy with.
    ryuga81.png
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,500 Community Moderator
    That (1) the Krenim are now involved and (2) the devs have hinted at revisiting all the TV series in future content, screams Temporal Cold War to me. I'm even starting to think the "Other" turns out to be one and the same as the still-unidentified Future Guy.​​

Well, Braga revealed via his Twitter account that "Future Guy" was always intended to be Archer and was to be revealed possibly in ENT Season 5, and any other information/suggestions to the contrary were meant to be misleading. Be that as it may, since ENT was cancelled prior to that reveal, it's not hard canon. For me personally, it's canon enough since that information came from Braga himself. But would Cryptic pick that up and run with it, or do something different?

I'm beginning to believe that "The Other" is You, The Player. If you think about it, it makes sense. This whole story is about You and your ship and crew's adventures. Your star trek. You are, and should be, the central figure in this story.

Through use of the Krenim temporal incursion weapon, we're about to be party to genocide on an intergalactic scale. Since the story is basically written with a FED slant (sorry KDF/ROM), that doesn't exactly jibe well with Federation ideals. And if there's one thing that's been demonstrated time and again in every Star Trek series, it's that The Captain will always find a way to preserve life whenever possible.

That's why I think "The Other" is You. You will find a way to not only bring an end to the Iconian War, but also somehow save the Iconians themselves. As I write this, I'm thinking, it may be another predestination paradox, where time travel is used to destroy the past and save the future. Iconia in the past is destroyed, but You save its people, possibly through some other temporal mechanism. Sela said time travel destroys the Iconians' minds, though. Perhaps that's what happened to them and why they're now hell bent on destroying us. We accidentally drove them insane through temporal displacement.

Perhaps the result of all of this brings about the Temporal Accords, the Temporal Integrity Commission, and the eventual Temporal Cold War, where You, in fact, turn out to also be "Future Guy".
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    kristaswiftkristaswift Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    2kGIe4D.png?1
    If you had the time and space to spin around until you fell over, eventually you'd get around to picking yourself up off the floor. aside from a few grazes and a mild concussion, that given time you could forget about, it would be entirely possible for you to develop a different perspective on the current Iconian war doodah. so [tomfoolery / time + mild concussion] = me asking the following question..

are we are all just pawns in a long standing war between the Krenim and the Iconians?? and if not, how would you write it so that we were?

this may, or may not be an obvious question to some, but to me.. is only now seeming colourfully plausible.

Everyone is a pawn of someone else.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Anyway, where is Temporal Investigations in all this? Where is Daniels? Why aren't they trying to stop all of this? Or us? I mean, wiping out an entire civilization definitely goes against the Prime Directive, regardless of a state of war or not.

Except it is not necessary to wipe out an entire civilization. It has already been wiped out by an ancient coalition, if you remember. Eliminiating the few more war inclined survivors on the other hand might seem acceptable in the long run. Removing T'Ket and M'Tara would leave L'Miren in charge. She doesn't seem to hold the same grudge against species and civilizations that didn't even exist 200 thousand years ago and seem an individual you could do diplomacy with.
    but what if that ancient coalition was actually us?​​
    tYld1gu.gif?1
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    I'm beginning to believe that "The Other" is You, The Player. If you think about it, it makes sense. This whole story is about You and your ship and crew's adventures. Your star trek. You are, and should be, the central figure in this story.
    2kGIe4D.png?1
    interesting idea and undeniably 'plausible'. there is a 'logical symmetry' to this line of thought, one that would compliment several of the.. best guesses? that we have discussed.

*actually would compliment any guess really lol
    ​​
    tYld1gu.gif?1
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,109 Arc User
    Soon as the Krenim time weapon is fired.. we're all ****ed.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    The thought that you are 'The Other' reminds me of the classic TV series from the late 60's - The Prisoner. Part of the opening credits went like this:
    The Prisoner (Number Six): "Who are you? "
    Number Two: "The new Number Two"
    The Prisoner: "Who is Number One?"
    Number Two: "You are Number Six"

However we come to realize by the end of the Series that the final line above should have been interpreted as:

"You are, Number Six"

Changes the entire meaning with a simple punctuation mark.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns