test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Would you like to see a safe way to transfer dilithium between characters on your account?

rocketman359rocketman359 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
Do you think Dilithium should be bound to account instead of the character?

Would you like to see a safe way to transfer dilithium between characters on your account? 96 votes

Yes
61%
oceansongjahnkshpokssabrevt1100gulberatsixofusjrichard1979happyhappyj0yj0yyoosty1nandospccoltonlandonlexusk19psych2lwarmaker001bnazelnagderrico1lilchibiclaricomdriverfraghul2000startrek1234567 59 votes
No
38%
nightkenikonn#1068nemo314tehbubbaloooldravenman3025gavinrunebladeilithynr5e4w3q2valenn1hawku001xpsyman87smeeinn1ta3001kjwashingtoncidjacksheldonlcooperkodachikunoshadowwraith77darthnomadkillermariston 37 votes
Post edited by rocketman359 on

Comments

• Options
    reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,172 Arc User
    I'm confused by the purpose of this poll, a safe way already exists.
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    No
    Nope. In the off chance someone buys my 25:1 offer before I cancel it and reclaim the dil on a second character, I would be ecstatic.

In other words, we already have a safe enough method, reinventing the wheel is not needed.

On the other hand, adding a dilithium bank to fleets would be appreciated.
  • Options
    Yes
    If it was safe the poll wouldn't be here. Has the transfer method changed?
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    No
    If it was safe the poll wouldn't be here. Has the transfer method changed?

The method has not changed, and except for user error it is perfectly safe as it always has been.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Yes
    Thanks for your input, I was asking the wrong question.
    Post edited by rocketman359 on
  • Options
    Gurneyhallek0420Gurneyhallek0420 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    Stupid people shouldn't be allowed to have free will or make video games
    potatosig.jpg
  • Options
    sirmaydaysirmayday Member Posts: 535 Arc User
    Yes
    I voted yes, not because the method should be safer (as noted, it's perfectly safe), but because it should be more intuitive.
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    Yes
    Yes, but I'd go one further:

All Dil accrued should be to the account, not on a per character basis.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    lordprotiuslordprotius Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    No
    Nope. In the off chance someone buys my 25:1 offer before I cancel it and reclaim the dil on a second character, I would be ecstatic.

In other words, we already have a safe enough method, reinventing the wheel is not needed.

Umm if someone is silly enough to pay 25 zen per Dil and buy my dill... then WINNING!!!!

I honestly dont see the problem... noone is silly enough to pay 25 zen per dill
    #Aux2batman Lives!!

• Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User

Umm if someone is silly enough to pay 25 zen per Dil and buy my dill... then WINNING!!!!

That is exactly their point.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User

The system won't allow them to. The system will automatically connect them with a better deal than the one they were asking for. Your dilithium will remain untouched unless the market bottomed out in under five minutes.
  • Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    No
    Allowing this method is just reinforcing the use of multiple toons as dil farmers.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    cidjack wrote: »
    Allowing this method is just reinforcing the use of multiple toons as dil farmers.

How is that bad? It supports use of alts!
  • Options
    lilchibiclarililchibiclari Member Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    Yes
    But seriously, just put a Dilithium Bank in players' Account Bank alongside the existing EC Bank.
  • Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    No
    It's already relatively simple to do. I'll agree it's not that intuitive, but I don't really care to have time wasted fixing something that isn't broken.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,450 Arc User
    No
    Leave things as they are in this regard. Otherwise, it would give the devs something else to break.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    No

^this, in its entirety
  • Options
    fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    Yes
    Is the OP talking about refined or unrefined dilithium?
  • Options
    valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    No
    Threads like this would be a reason for me to vote "yes" on a "Do you want user polls to be deactivated"-poll.
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • Options
    oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    No
    No. The Exchange is relatively safe.

But I agree with warmaker001b. It should be on an account basis, and not limited to one character.
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Nope. In the off chance someone buys my 25:1 offer before I cancel it and reclaim the dil on a second character, I would be ecstatic.(...)

If someone would sell you their zen for 25 dil you'd hit the jackpot. Literally. How is that bad?
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    No
    a better question would have been 'Would you like to see an easier way to transfer dilithium between characters on your account'
    i would have voted no though. not because i dont believe a dil field in the account bank has no merit, because i do. but i fear cryptic would decide the current exchange method is an 'exploit' or whatever and make it impossible for f2p to transfer dil amongst their toons, in addition to pushing a buggy system on the rest of us. i reckon we should just count our blessings and leave things as they are.​​
  • Options
    smeeinn1tsmeeinn1t Member Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    No
    Do you think Dilithium should be bound to account instead of the character?

Would you like to see a safe way to transfer dilithium between characters on your account?

That's 2 questions, both of which I answer no to.

Account bound and pooled dil would be a PITA, once it is account bound then how can we trade it for shiny zen?

We can safely transfer dil using dil exchange, with the added bonus that occasionally some numpty might just buy it at 25 per zen...

Lᴏᴏᴋ
    Aɴᴏᴛʜᴇʀ
    oUfxUeJ.gif
    Pᴏʟʟ
    ​​
    V9BQ6SM.gif
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." — Lazarus Long --->Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,413 Arc User
    Leave things as they are in this regard. Otherwise, it would give the devs something else to break.

Agreed. And there ARE bugs in the dil exchange as it is. I've seen someone's screenshot of it, and it was reported, and possibly fixed though I haven't yet had a chance to follow up with them.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • Options
    skrapnelskrapnel Member Posts: 75 Arc User

That would be great, you can take the zen tyou make and resell it at normal value and make a 1000% profit.
  • Options
    centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    No
    Some might consider the current method to be an exploit, but it works. If Cryptic decides to shut it down, then I would hope for another method...
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    No
    I answered NO, because either use your freakin alts or, don't have any! There is already a perfectly viable way, to transfer refined between characters, ore does not need a method of account wide spreading, because you either earn it on each character or, go without!!!
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!