test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

T6 Avenger Turn Problem?

f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
Is anyone else experiencing a decrease in their turn rate recently with their T6 Avenger-class ships?

A couple of days ago and my would turn on a dime.

Now ... even with all the consoles and traits attached ... She only has a turn of 7.3 which is running less than my Command Cruisers.

Anyone else experiencing this problem?
Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
" We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)

Comments

• Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    Do you have the right engines equipped?

I sometimes end up putting the wrong ones on by hot-swapping Borg Engines on for Sector travel, and then the switch back goes to my Shuttle instead, and doing it a third time since the Borg visuals are hard to miss ends up putting whatever I had on the Shuttle (now in inventory) into my main ship.
  • Options
    No ... Equipment is as it should be. Even pulled everything off and put it back on again just to make sure.
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • Options
    akilaganakilagan Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Even my t5u Avenger has moments like that......Some days there is no negitive effect and other days its like a snail....have not changed gear in a while.....Thinking it has something to do with lag.....O did i mention lots of it....
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    I heard stocks in Rubber Bands have been doing very well.

And UI ability tray delays or nothing happening at all, are wonderful.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    Make a plan that does not involve turning :p

Seriously, With a base turn rate similar to my Excel, I only noticed a difference with +Turn stuff in consoles. No problem here.
  • Options
    I have an alternate setup for more broadside attacks, although I like my duals and even elachi cannons. But need to turn for those.

• Options
    cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
  • Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    Yeah, it's weird. My t6 (non fleet) avenger seems to handle like a brick too. It's strange because I'm used to things like t6 fleet galaxies, fleet ambo, guardian etc.
    I need a beer.

• Options
    martinihenriemartinihenrie Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    It's not just me then, lately I've not been making turns in my Fleet Arbiter that I felt I was easily doing a week ago. Was considering throwing on an RCS, something I've not needed since I first started using the t5 Avenger
  • Options
    It's not just me then, lately I've not been making turns in my Fleet Arbiter that I felt I was easily doing a week ago. Was considering throwing on an RCS, something I've not needed since I first started using the t5 Avenger

No ... The Arbiter ... at least for us it seems ... has some turn issues.

• Options
    kyrrokkyrrok Member Posts: 1,352 Arc User
    My Mogh ship turns rather fine for a cruiser, my Mogai turns even better, an asset to being a destroyer in a battlecruiser pack, the Arbiter seems to turn fine when it's just cruising along. Then it's time for battle, and it can't turn on a dime the width of a dyson sphere.
  • Options
    martinihenriemartinihenrie Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Any news? STo not finding out why it's handling like a bag of bolts then?
  • Options
    sohtohsohtoh Member Posts: 620 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    I've been having the same problem with my Arbiter. The way it handles in combat reminds me of the handling of the Assault Cruiser. I am wondering if some of the Arbiter's stats (not just what is displayed ingame) got mixed up with the Assault Cruiser's. I ran some tests and compared the Arbiter and T5U FACR, and in combat they handled the same.

Here are the DPS from the tests I parsed.
    Fleet Arbiter: 45965.285, 46535.938, 48241.500; Average - 46914.241
    T5U FACR: 44889.191, 46354.664, 48084.746; Average - 46442.867

By all right, the Arbiter should have been higher than the results I ended up with.
    Post edited by sohtoh on
    "I'm not big on telepaths myself. I'm not big on guns either. But if everyone else has them, I want to make sure I can get my hands on the biggest one I can."
  • Options
    koraheaglecrykoraheaglecry Member Posts: 250 Arc User
    mines back and forth...there are times where itll turn on a dime during combat while other times it wont react..i suspect that its more lag then anything else.
  • Options
    darleathdarleath Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    25.6 on turn rate with my Fleet Avenger T6. Please do check the following:
    - Specializations selected. Pilot gives extra % turn rate (fat chance to help the Scimitar though... that beast is too inertia-related XD)
    - Gear: specifically engines and consoles (Iconian War - Delta Flight mission console, for example). Having Plasmonic Leech will have an impact (related to the next point).
    - Engine Power: Turn rate (aswell as speed) is related to the Engine Subsystem power. The more, the better.
    - Boff powers: Emergency Power to Engines can make almost any ship to dance.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    darleath wrote: »
    - Specializations selected. Pilot gives extra % turn rate (fat chance to help the Scimitar though... that beast is too inertia-related XD)
    - Gear: specifically engines and consoles (Iconian War - Delta Flight mission console, for example). Having Plasmonic Leech will have an impact (related to the next point).
    - Engine Power: Turn rate (aswell as speed) is related to the Engine Subsystem power. The more, the better.

That doesn't really answer the overall question of if there is something wrong with the Arbiter's turn rate and handling. Going from the T5U Avenger to the T6 Arbiter, and using the same layout (Gear, Power Setting, Boff powers, and Specialization); and seeing it turn slower and losing its maneuverability. That is what people who are having the problem are posting. With everything else remaining the same, except for going from Avenger to Arbiter, the only conclusion is that there is a problem with the Arbiter.

Also, I mentioned that the displayed stats show fine, but the way the Arbiter is handling leads me to think that maybe the internal stats are off.
    "I'm not big on telepaths myself. I'm not big on guns either. But if everyone else has them, I want to make sure I can get my hands on the biggest one I can."
  • Options
    sohtoh wrote: »
    darleath wrote: »

That doesn't really answer the overall question of if there is something wrong with the Arbiter's turn rate and handling. Going from the T5U Avenger to the T6 Arbiter, and using the same layout (Gear, Power Setting, Boff powers, and Specialization); and seeing it turn slower and losing its maneuverability. That is what people who are having the problem are posting. With everything else remaining the same, except for going from Avenger to Arbiter, the only conclusion is that there is a problem with the Arbiter.

Also, I mentioned that the displayed stats show fine, but the way the Arbiter is handling leads me to think that maybe the internal stats are off.

Exactly this. It's why I stabled mine.

Now the funny thing is .... T6 Mogh is just great.

• Options
    saleh01onesaleh01one Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    I feel like mine should be turning at lot faster than it says it's doing, feels weird. Maybe I'm getting paranoid from reading this thread... Or maybe it's real. Gonna see the handling differences between my Avenger and Arbiter same consoles and all.
    Markus Elijah Lee - USS Skylake, Fleet Arbiter Battlecruiser T6: http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=ussskylake_8710

K'Nor - IKS Ch'Tang, Mat'Ha Raptor T6: http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=ikschtang_8710
  • Options
    saleh01one wrote: »
    I feel like mine should be turning at lot faster than it says it's doing, feels weird. Maybe I'm getting paranoid from reading this thread... Or maybe it's real. Gonna see the handling differences between my Avenger and Arbiter same consoles and all.

Post the results. I'm curious to see what you come back with.

• Options
    I did make a post in Gameplay Bug Reports about this.
  • Options
    saleh01onesaleh01one Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    Hm... Couldn't find any difference when using the two (Avenger and Arbiter). I do wish the inertia was higher, perhaps that plus a weird pivot point is throwing off the turning capabilities.
    Markus Elijah Lee - USS Skylake, Fleet Arbiter Battlecruiser T6: http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=ussskylake_8710

K'Nor - IKS Ch'Tang, Mat'Ha Raptor T6: http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=ikschtang_8710
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User