test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Overhaul the exchange model ?

2»

Comments

• shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    Redo only the interface and search engine
    Keep the 500mill cap, there is no need for it to be raised, if you don't like it....tough! 500mill is laready 1/2 of a single character's max on person EC limit, if you want more than trade channels are around for that!
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

edited July 2015
    Keep the 500mill cap, there is no need for it to be raised, if you don't like it....tough! 500mill is laready 1/2 of a single character's max on person EC limit, if you want more than trade channels are around for that!

Not true, there are periodically items worth more that 500m, so there is objectively a need for the cap to be raised.

Despite that people sell and, pay over 500mill for very few items [and, by few I mean FEW], doesn't cause need for a raise. There is plenty of means to sell it over that cap, it's just people want the global listing capability of the exchange and, suffer nothing for it! I say it keep it at the 500mill, it's freakin half of a player's on person cap anyways, if you really want and, I highly use the word want more, than chase it down!

• durenasdurenas Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    Item display on the exchange should behave much like the dilithium exchange. All items of the same price be lumped together into one entry, and give the buyer to specify how much of the item they want to buy. Give similar protections against buying a higher price than the player intends. In short, treat it like a commodity listing.
    edited July 2015

Not true, there are periodically items worth more that 500m, so there is objectively a need for the cap to be raised.

Despite that people sell and, pay over 500mill for very few items [and, by few I mean FEW], doesn't cause need for a raise. There is plenty of means to sell it over that cap, it's just people want the global listing capability of the exchange and, suffer nothing for it! I say it keep it at the 500mill, it's freakin half of a player's on person cap anyways, if you really want and, I highly use the word want more, than chase it down!

Not true.the purpose of the exchange is for people to buy and sell with one another. The cap makes it useless for a small number of items, but however small, this is still a fault with the exchange since it defeats its purpose. The existence of items worth more than 500m is a sufficient reason to raise the cap.

The size of a players bank is irrelevant to the extent that it isn't less than the exchange cap. So it is no objection. It is very easy to have more than one billion EC. Each of your alts can hold one billion, each fleet bank can hold one billion, and the account bank can hold five hundred million.

Well, apparanetly the size of a character's EC capacity, is a factory, or else Cryptic woudn't consider the 500mill to be adequate!

Bank size is not relevant, it is the player characters capacity, that is apparently to Cryptic, therefore 500mill is more than sufficient apparantly!

I am sure that this plays a major factor, in trying to prevent people from selling items at such huge amounts, than collecting their dues only for them to lose out on some, due to capping too quickly!!!

Example would be, say selling 2 items, 1@750mill and, the other 1@650mill.

If both sold and, the person collected their EC, they would cap at 1bill and, lose out on the other 400mill in the process!

Granted an experienced seller, would most likely never have this occur but, it is still always the possibility for anyone!
    Post edited by shadowwraith77 on

edited July 2015
    The only valid reason for having an exchange cap at all is to limit the amount of EC somone can lose if a sale puts him over the bank cap.

With 500m, the max possible somone could lose is 500m, ie, he has 1b in his bank, sells something for 500m, loses all the EC since its all over-cap.

This is ultimately the persons own fault though. Anyone with a billion and a half EC can be expected to know how the exchange works,

So, it's a question of how much idiot-proofing the exchange you want to do vs how much damage to the functionality of the exchange you're willing to tolerate.

Anyway, going forward it's probably going to be moot. The only things ever worth more than 500m are promo ships, and the new accelerated promo schedule and re-releasing promo ships with different specs makes it unlikely they will reach those heights again.

If they upped the total EC cap to say 10bill, than I could see having the exchange cap altered to follow!

But, you are pretty much correct and, with all the constant whine of people wanting automatic safety measures in place, it is something that it is what it is.

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,608 Arc User
    We explained to you in your May thread why price caps are a bad idea. That hasn't changed:

arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1188758/why-is-the-exchange-so-expensive/p1
    edited July 2015
    We explained to you in your May thread why price caps are a bad idea. That hasn't changed:

arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1188758/why-is-the-exchange-so-expensive/p1

No it hasn't, since there is about less than 1% of the total items in game, that could even sell for more than the current 500mill.

That, is not a sufficient amount of items, to even register on the Cryptic scale!
    Post edited by shadowwraith77 on

• kittyflofykittyflofy Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    Don't do nothing at all !!!

LOL, there is absolutely nothing worthy 500m... other completely different thing is that people put those prices in the exchange...
  • sovereign47sovereign47 Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    Forgot to mention one more annoying thing and that is exchange sale expiry. That needs to be removed entirely. I'm sick of taking back dozens of items one by one, and then putting them back to exchange again one by one.

If you did a better job pricing your goods, they would nearly all sell.

Now that's an overstatement since I'm not selling my items for insane prices. Ok, I do sometimes, but that's only if those items are really rare or non-existant on the exchange. Alright, maybe limit it to a month or a few would be ok.

FED ENG: FA Sirius Verax (USS Leviathan) , FED TAC (Delta): FA Adria Tyllex (USS Thunderblade) , ROM TAC: ADM Kill'ina (IRW Imperix Thrai) , KLING ENG (Delta): LT. GEN Ghol'Vaq Martok (IKS Qeh'Ral II) - 44th Fleet member
    SZ1RgUL.jpg
    SUPPORTING PLAYABLE CARDASSIAN AND DOMINION FACTIONS!
  • kittyflofykittyflofy Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    kittyflofy wrote: »

LOL, there is absolutely nothing worthy 500m... other completely different thing is that people put those prices in the exchange...

You're wrong. Voth bulwarks are worth far in excess of 500m.

And I personally sold two Jemhadar strike ships last week for more than 480m each.

you might be space poor, but lots of other people play this game.

No, you are wrong. No ships are worthy 500m. Not even half of it. Now that you consider those prices reasonable, thats up to you, but they arent. Thats the reason people keep posting those prices, they know other people dont have a clue and they will pay watever they need to to adquire that shiny ship.
  • kimmymkimmym Member Posts: 1,317 Arc User
    The interface could really use an overhaul, but L2Auction House if you want EC, don't cap other people selling things because you don't want to work for your money.

If something cost more than you are willing to pay, that is life.
    I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!
    kimmym_5664.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard
  • oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    The exchange is fine as is. No need to monkey around with it and TRIBBLE up the UI or function.
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,450 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Redo the Interface, Search Engine and put a lock on cost
    I'd like to see a better search options most of all. I'd like to search (for example... for specific boff traits).
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • alex284alex284 Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    dd1m wrote: »
    It would be nice if a search would display more than 400 items, this would be helpful in locating stacks of an item where loads of people have post singles. Otherwise it would be better to leave it alone as its working pretty well at the moment

Always search by 'price per unit' to see stacks.

When I'm looking for crafting mats, I'm looking to buy at least 200 at a time, usually more like 500. I search price per unit but still have to scroll through a bunch of pages of people selling crafting mats one at a time because I'm actually willing to pay more to click less.

It's one of the few things that sells more expensive in bulk, probably because sellers run to the exchange after each STF they complete and buyers are people like me who just want a ton and really don't want to click 500 times and then click ok 500 times to get enough beta-tachyon particles.
    smeeinn1t wrote: »
    Forgot to mention one more annoying thing and that is exchange sale expiry. That needs to be removed entirely. I'm sick of taking back dozens of items one by one, and then putting them back to exchange again one by one.

Without this the exchange DB would fill with dead sales and become a secondary bank, just post something for a ridiculously high price and let it sit there until removed.

Pure chaos...​​

Exactly. The biggest problem with the exchange IMO is that certain items (mainly salvaged tech and ship upgrade tokens, but a few other things) can't be searched for in any category, and since searching the "all" tab requires searching so many entries, the results aren't always complete.

Getting rid of sale expiry would be insanity, not just with people using the exchange as a bank but also forgotten alts and people who quit the game leaving tons of junk for years on the exchange. The categories themselves would be unsearchable.

It really needs better searching and categorizing functionality. But trying to directly interfere in the market pricing would be a very bad idea.

It is an issue that things have such expensive prices, but that ties into the availability of the item versus its demand. It is more than a little ludicrous to hear people suggest that a Fed should pick up a plasmonic leech console, for example, because the supply is just absolutely tiny, and that gets reflected in the extreme prices. They may as well not exist for the overwhelming majority of players. But you cannot possibly fix that problem with price capping, the supply is simply not there. It would be first come, first serve, and after that, they are just gone.

When people ask what lockbox to open when looking for lobi, a lot of people respond "Tal Shiar." That's because it not only has a ship, but also those plasmonic leeches that can get you a bunch of EC.

Capping prices on the exchange would just reduce the incentive to open Tal Shiar lockboxes to get lobi, which would just reduce that quantity available.
  • storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,265 Arc User
    kirk2390 wrote: »
    I hear a lot of complains about not finding the right weapons or ships or whatever on the exchange, should exchange be redone ? There is a wide complain other people ask ridiculous prices like a cannon they cost 2.000.000 EC or even higher or piece of armor for 7.000.000. so should there be a lock like you can ask so much for something ?
    WHY?

No need. IMO leave as is.
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif