test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Weapon "Skins" for Space and Ground.

gizmox64gizmox64 Member Posts: 321 Arc User
I would love to see the ability to house one guns stats into another guns shell.
Simply put, Take X gun, and apply X guns model. Transfiguration in RIFT, in STO use the R&D system.
First gun I'd modify, TR Rifle (it's god awful) and put it into say a Mk 3 Plasma model, or maybe an elite fleet look.
Or maybe, Cryptic, just change the TR Rifle's look because it's way to big, and the stock goes right threw my arm.

Other thought is maybe the ability to modify the space beam colors, via R&D.
But mostly interested in gun model looks.
Even take a gun and revert it to a lower Mk model, but with the "innards" of the Mk 11+.
Convert a gun from beam to bolt, or vise versa, probably wouldn't work for space ones.

I really like the MACO gun skins from NX-01, maybe make a line of those guns.

Comments

• orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
    This would be a great idea! There are even multiple ways this could be accomplished.

For instance in Diablo III, you can 'Transmogrify' an item to permanently change its appearance (until you transmog it again) to that of a different item of that type. In Tera, you can purchase a weapon skin item and equip it into a costume slot which would override your equipped weapon's appearance with the skin.

Either of those would be great ways to offer Captains some customization options for their gear. And I'd be most appreciative of the option to use the basic phaser rifle with my M.A.C.O. rifle... ;)
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    I'd love more customization options to our ground weapons. I know antiprotons are fairly powerful, but their in-game models look like plastic children's toys.

I also wouldn't mind a nametag system similar to Team Fortress 2 where we could give our weapons a custom name beside their 'official' in-game name.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • gizmox64gizmox64 Member Posts: 321 Arc User
    This would also let us keep to the more cannon skins STO has, like most of the Mk 1 ground gun models look like they do on TV. Being able to put that skin over some reputation guns, or just plain ugly ones (poloron, Antiproton), would be sweet.