test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Crit Traits and Turrets/Drones

kruhlsentrukruhlsentru Member Posts: 6 Arc User
If I use the traits that can increase my own critical hit abilities, such as crit chance, crit dmg, and even bonus effects on crits like knockdown, does any of this apply to things like turrets, drones, or even mines that I use? I like my character the way he is, but I spend more time setting things up than attacking, really. So, if crit bonuses can't effect my fabrications and such, it doesn't seem like they'd get nearly the same effect as they would on someone else. Just trying to figure this out, and I can't seem to find any information out there about this.

Comments

• gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    Turrets and drones are considered pets. Mines are weapons. Pets never benefit from gear on your ship or from captain traits, rep abilities etc.

Because mines are weapons your ship fires they are subject to all the same rules as torpedoes. Note that the mines deployed bympets (Orion slaver fighters) and mines deployed by the command cruiser platform are not fired by your ship but by your pet and thus do not benefit from your gear or traits.

The most common exception are for fighters/drones there are a small number of duty officers that give them bonuses.
  • kruhlsentrukruhlsentru Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Thanks. The mines I was referring to were actually from the Chroniton Mine Barrier kit for engineer captains. Either way, this should help. There's lots of good abilities to go for, and not so much of a need for crits on the ground for me. In space, though, that'll be a different story lol.
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    Ah, ground *should* be the same. Pets do not benefit from your gear or traits. However, chroniton mines I think are treated as an attack not a pet.
  • kittyflofykittyflofy Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    Turrets are just regular weapons. That for a start, they are not "pets" unless you are talking about deployable ones, of course that are completely useless no matter what you do (nobody uses em).

The critical chance is applied to your base damage of your ship, so your weapons are the ones that will carry the weight of it. But everything else (defense satellites, pets, etc) will never receive that bonus. Same for ground. Critical chance is not applied to drones, pets or other things like that, only to mines if you are an engineer.

Mines are not pets.