test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Klingon Hair

artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
As @crypticjoejing and @callevista seem to be in full swing on revamping the Klingons, I thought I'd bring up their hair (again!).

Below is a quick pic of a range of hair options from Klingon and Klingon allied NPCs:
  1. Scraggly Long Hair - Used by K'mtar and Hamlet amoungst others.
  2. Worfs Hair - Originally it was said we'd get it... we didn't.
  3. Marlon Hair 1- Works with a ridged head (same as the Klingons), should work as it has a very high forehead.
  4. Vaadwaur Bun - Suitable for old lady Klingons (and old men ones as well).
  5. Smooth Long Hair - Used by the Emperor (8). He's dead now so we can use his hair with impunity.
  6. Marlon Hair 2 - Falling out in clumps, should work the same as Marlon Hair 1.
  7. Talaxian Hair (2,3,4) - Used by Nausicaans (amoungst others), they also have the ridged head, meaning their styles should work on Klingons. (Additionally maybe this could be part of the Talaxian unlock, the hair will be available for others as well if you buy a Talaxian).
  8. Emperors New Hair - Same as 5.
  9. High Forehead Long - Not usable by female Klingons.
  10. Ruffled - Used by Nausicaans and Aliens, if it fits them, it will fit a Klingon.
  11. Miral's Hair - We should have got this by now, Feds got Kim and the Docs hair.
  12. High Forehead Short - The anniversary giveaway, you may as well let Klingons use it by default since it (likely) will never be seen again.

It goes without saying that all of the above should be for male and female Klingons (except maybe Miral's hair).

19195040252_a17cd9f4ed_o.png
Link

Second lot.
  1. Xindi Hairstyle - Currently available for Male Aliens, should work for Klingons.
  2. Benthan Hair - In the same fasion as the Marlon hair, it shares a forehead line with Klingons.
  3. Cardassian Female hair - As seen on the K7 tailor, I think it's the female version of 4 (9 on the pic above) but longer.
  4. High Forehead Long - Not usable by female Klingons. Possible the male version of 3. However both should be interchangeable.
  5. Slicked Back 1 - I'm not sure if this has a high enough forehead, but I added it anyway.
  6. High Forehead Close - I'm not sure if this is just clipping or it goes round the ridge? Either way it still looks fine and would give the Klingons a short style.
  7. Vaadwaur Bun - Suitable for old men Klingons.
  8. Ruffled - As seen on a Female Klingon, see it fits.
  9. Ridges - Not hair, but a request for 'Bony Ridges Thin' to be available for male Klingons, currently they are only available for male Aliens and Female Klingons.

18610406894_c26dcca703_o.png
Link

In addition the Doctors hair will work for ridged heads as well.

The_Doctor.png

Some other hair:
  1. Scraggly sparse hair - Same as the Marlon hair but on a Klingon.
  2. Balding - The Doctors hair, it goes around the head missing the forehead entirely so should't be a problem.

19218382246_92bb144b62_o.png
22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
'...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
'...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
Post edited by artan42 on

Comments

• Options
    claudiusdkclaudiusdk Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited June 2015

Yes yes yes yes yes please.

Also don't forget this Cardassian and this Bajoran in the K7 tailor area. Two high foreheard, slicked back, hairstyles NPCs got that players don't. The Bajoran might not be high enough for Klingons. But the Cardassian looks like it would fit.

qgt5PPW.png
    "Please, Captain, not in front of the Klingons."
    Spock to Kirk, as Kirk is about to hug him.
    Star Trek V: "The Final Frontier"
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    claudiusdk wrote: »

Yes yes yes yes yes please.

Also don't forget this Cardassian and this Bajoran in the K7 tailor area. Two high foreheard, slicked back, hairstyles NPCs got that players don't. The Bajoran might not be high enough for Klingons. But the Cardassian looks like it would fit.

@claudiusdk I'm not sure, but I think that the Cardassian's hair is the (currently male only) 'High Forehead Long'. I'll see if I can find any other NPCs using it.

Edit: No it's not, I've added it to the first post. As for the Bajorans hair - number 1 on this image?
    Post edited by artan42 on
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

• Options
    edited June 2015
    artan42 wrote: »
    @claudiusdk I'm not sure, but I think that the Cardassian's hair is the (currently male only) 'High Forehead Long'. I'll see if I can find any other NPCs using it.

Edit: No it's not, I've added it to the first post. As for the Bajorans hair - number 1 on this image?

Figured as much. And yes, nr 1 in that image.

Klingon, Nausicaan, Alien generated, and other races with forehead details, high and low, doesn't have a lot of options.

I got an alien gen female Half Klingon (B'elanna Torres style half-klingon, not K'Ehleyr style half-klingon). Normal round head with "Bony Ridges Thin", and even alien gen made characters doesn't have a lot hairstyle options to show off the forehead details with. Currently using nr5 in your second picture as it shows off enough forehead to show the details. Where the other klingon dread hairstyles got a huge bald space between the thin ridges and hairline.
    Example of her normal hair and klingon hair: LCvCtKD.jpg

So because of that^ I am kinda worried a few of the hairstyles like nr 11 in your first picture, and 3 and 5 in your second picture that go directly to where the line of "Bony Ridges Thin" is, arent gonna work entirely with the klingon heads as they would cover part of the large forehead ridges. examples with same hairstyles and normal Klingon ridges: MJVndfx.jpg
    Still, shouldn't hopefully be too hard for the devs to work thier magic or something. Up to them on that.

Because we really need more hairstyle options to show off those foreheads.

• Options
    Still, shouldn't hopefully be too hard for the devs to work thier magic or something. Up to them on that.

Because we really need more hairstyle options to show off those foreheads.

I would hope they adapt the hairlines a bit, but even if they don't and it clips with the ridges it's no better or worse than what we have now. Look at the way the dreds clip with shoulder pads, it's embarrassing.

As long as we get more than 4 to 5 styles (that all, save one, look the same) I'll be happy.

#TASforSTO

• Options
    I would hope they adapt the hairlines a bit, but even if they don't and it clips with the ridges it's no better or worse than what we have now. Look at the way the dreds clip with shoulder pads, it's embarrassing.

As long as we get more than 4 to 5 styles (that all, save one, look the same) I'll be happy.

Fully agreed,we need more hairstyles.
  • Options
    @callevista Any hint if you might add any of these? ​​

#TASforSTO

• Options
    saleh01onesaleh01one Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    In addition, Federation Klingon Bridge Officers do not have the option to wear a baldric. Seeing as Worf wore his almost every moment on screen, I see no reason that our Klingon officers cannot.

Also, the T5 Marauding boff you can get can wear the Bortasqu uniform. The T5 Diplomacy boff cannot wear the Odyssey uniform.
    Markus Elijah Lee - USS Skylake, Fleet Arbiter Battlecruiser T6: http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=ussskylake_8710

K'Nor - IKS Ch'Tang, Mat'Ha Raptor T6: http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=ikschtang_8710
  • Options
    saleh01one wrote: »
    In addition, Federation Klingon Bridge Officers do not have the option to wear a baldric. Seeing as Worf wore his almost every moment on screen, I see no reason that our Klingon officers cannot.

Also, the T5 Marauding boff you can get can wear the Bortasqu uniform. The T5 Diplomacy boff cannot wear the Odyssey uniform.

Both of those should be fixed. The absence of Worf's baldric is frustrating. Having it limited to an anniversary event was okay but it really needs to be in the C-Store now. ​​

#TASforSTO

• Options
    edited September 2015
    Screenshots I saw on Reddit of the Cardassian revamps on Tribble. Most importantly, new hair, or a wider range of hair which would be usable on Klingons as well.
    1. New Style.
    2. New Style
    3. Number 5 on my second image.
    4. Number 11 on my first image.
    5. Number 12 on my first image.
    6. Number 6 on this image.
    7. I think this is number 5 on my second image.
    8. Possibly 8 on my second image.

21477547472_38dfa03d8d_o.png
    Link.

@callevista Any hope of any of these?​​

#TASforSTO

• Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Restricting Klingon hairstyles to dreadlocks (when no Klingon ever wore those) never made any sense. We can only hope that the current Klingon Character Revamp will introduce some new hairstyles. If not, as you pointed out some hairstyles were "promised", we just have to accept that Klingon customization gets almost completely ignored.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    ladytiamat666ladytiamat666 Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    We definitely need more hairstyles for the Klingons, but more hairstyles for romulans and feds would be greatly appreciated too.
    signature%201.jpg_zpsklpuyd7v.png
  • Options
    kyrrokkyrrok Member Posts: 1,352 Arc User
    So it's agreed! More hairstyles are needed for everyone. My Klingon could do with some of Worf's hair from ST:TNG season 5, and 7. But even more preferably I'd like the hair to be straight and long, like Worf's would be in season 7 if he'd not tied it up.
  • Options
    Kinda annoyed how little attention this topic is getting. I know the hair things have been suggested multiple times.
    But we really need less restrictions, and more options.
  • Options
    jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    But we really need less restrictions, and more options.
    Hear, hear. Klingons have it probably the worst in terms of restrictions, and it's really saddening.

Wish the devs would stop throwing around the usual excuses arguments like 'fitting issues' or 'immersion', though; and listen to their playerbase more.

Besides, people who feel entitled to tell others what to do with their characters, because of 'my immersion'... It's OK for you to decide what to do with your characters. But not OK, when you try to dictate that for others and push your perception of 'immersion' on others - because surprise - this perception is also different from person to person. It's really similar to when you're on a diet. It's OK if you don't want to eat bacon, but your diet does not give you right to tell others what to eat and what to not eat.

Besides - Immersion is "broken" already by weird ships, which are utter nonsense from 'canon' standpoint, given out to the players and so-called 'fitting' issue, given how many outfits clip and are not working properly, having issues - I think most of us would rather have more freedom in the tailor, and THEN worry about some 'fitting' issues.

So far, unheard, though.

[10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »
    Restricting Klingon hairstyles to dreadlocks (when no Klingon ever wore those) never made any sense. We can only hope that the current Klingon Character Revamp will introduce some new hairstyles. If not, as you pointed out some hairstyles were "promised", we just have to accept that Klingon customization gets almost completely ignored.​​

Like the faction in general...like their ships, their females, and their...well like I said everything else.
  • Options
    venezia123venezia123 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    it would be wonderful if they added more hairstyles do we know if they're doing that or not
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    venezia123 wrote: »
    it would be wonderful if they added more hairstyles do we know if they're doing that or not

Well, @crypticjoejing is working on a Klingon art revamp, that's why I made this thread in the first place.

Edit: here.​​

#TASforSTO

• Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    Don't let this topic die.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    flash525 wrote: »
    Don't let this topic die.

Hehe, thanks.

I've been trying to root out more styles but I can't see any new ones. Maybe they'll be more when the revamped Cardassians arrive, they have the same hairline as the Klingons.​​

#TASforSTO

• Options
    venezia123venezia123 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    I agree don't let this thread die or else our voices about wanting more klingon customization will fall on deaf ears
  • Options
    I agree don't let this thread die or else our voices about wanting more klingon customization will fall on deaf ears
    Agreed. Although, I'd say don't let any thread about potential customization to die. Let them hear that we want more options for our characters, not less! :smile:

"Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 

• Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Screenshots I saw on Reddit of the Cardassian revamps on Tribble. Most importantly, new hair, or a wider range of hair which would be usable on Klingons as well.
    1. New Style.
    2. New Style
    3. Number 5 on my second image.
    4. Number 11 on my first image.
    5. Number 12 on my first image.
    6. Number 6 on this image.
    7. I think this is number 5 on my second image.
    8. Possibly 8 on my second image.

21477547472_38dfa03d8d_o.png
    Link.

@callevista Any hope of any of these?​​

Oh my goodness, additional options for my Cardassian toon would be sweet! :)

(Also, even if I have to make a multimillion EC purchase on the Exchange, my Cardassian would love to have a true CDF uniform...not the crazy thing the True Way wears, but something simple and true to the original show.)

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    We need this hairstyle:

startrek2.jpg

It should be called, The Klingon Reverse Pompador! Either that or the Wolfman Jack.
    Post edited by goodscotch on
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    Agreed. Although, I'd say don't let any thread about potential customization to die. Let them hear that we want more options for our characters, not less! :smile:

In that spirit: I want more options for customization!
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    gulberat wrote: »

(Also, even if I have to make a multimillion EC purchase on the Exchange, my Cardassian would love to have a true CDF uniform...not the crazy thing the True Way wears, but something simple and true to the original show.)

NPCs have a lot of really nice styles we players can't get. Especially the newer styles. Unlike NPC clothing options hair should't really clip with things, so it would be nice if we got them all.​​

#TASforSTO

• Options

NPCs have a lot of really nice styles we players can't get. Especially the newer styles. Unlike NPC clothing options hair should't really clip with things, so it would be nice if we got them all.​​

On a few rare occasions I have seen some of the long hair styles clip. But the more options that can be included, the better!

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options

NPCs have a lot of really nice styles we players can't get. Especially the newer styles. Unlike NPC clothing options hair should't really clip with things, so it would be nice if we got them all.

On a few rare occasions I have seen some of the long hair styles clip. But the more options that can be included, the better!

Honestly it would't bother me as every single hair option for Klingons now (except top knot) clip through every shoulder pad option available in such an amateurish and embarrassing fashion any style of hair now would be a vast improvement.​​

#TASforSTO

• Options
    edited October 2015
    Also, as I posted in another thread, it'd help to give Klingons access to "Humanoid" head shape. That way you could have all hair-styles available to them, even those which'd not work on the ridged head shape, without the need to remodel them; thus not much work involved. It's not perfect, but I'm sure some people would appreciate it, compared to lack of options we currently have, for Klingons in general. Plus, it'd give finally an option for people, who wanted to make 'smooth-forehead' Augument Klingons. I know there were requests for that. I'd call that win-win for both sides. :3

• Options
    Also, as I posted in another thread, it'd help to give Klingons access to "Humanoid" head shape. That way you could have all hair-styles available to them, even those which'd not work on the ridged head shape, without the need to remodel them; thus not much work involved. It's not perfect, but I'm sure some people would appreciate it, compared to lack of options we currently have, for Klingons in general. Plus, it'd give finally an option for people, who wanted to make 'smooth-forehead' Augument Klingons. I know there were requests for that. I'd call that win-win for both sides. :3

Back when I tried KDF, I was disappointed in not having the option of making TOS-style Klingons...especially since the uniform asset is in game.

• Options
    especially since the uniform asset is in game.

Oh, don't get me started on that. I have bullet points :D.​​

#TASforSTO