test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

STO Livestream Featuring Nog

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
Captains! We have a very special livestream coming soon!

Join Aron Eisenberg known for his role as Nog on Deep Space Nine, myself, and Lead Designer Al ‘Captain Geko’ Rivera for our livestream this Tuesday 6/30 starting at 4:00PM PDT. Aron Eisenberg will be navigating the latest Featured Episode: Time in a Bottle. Captain Geko and myself will be joining Aron Eisenberg as he deals with Nausicaans, Heralds, and even himself!

We're taking your questions that we'll be asking him during the livestream! From now until the end of tomorrow, we'll be taking questions from players in this thread as well as other social platforms and picking 6 questions. Have a question you'd like to ask him? Ask here!

You can find out more information about it here. http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9425103-star-trek-online:-livestream-featuring-nog!

~LaughingTrendy
Post edited by pwlaughingtrendy on

Comments

• Options
    primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2015
    If Nog could pick his First officer, Who would it be?

If you don't have a specific person in mind, Which Species would this person be, and why?

Hooman, Vulcan, Klingon, Ferengi....?
  • Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    My question?
    "Why would you not pick me as your XO?"
    :)
    I need a beer.

• Options
    ccs46ccs46 Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    What is your favorite rule of acquisition? Mine is #31 Never make fun of a Ferengi's mother ... insult something he cares about instead.
  • Options
    megawolf0megawolf0 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    My question: What was your first thought of voicing Nog in this episode?
  • Options
    reisnowreisnow Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    >.>; What was with the staff? Is it special?
    Yes I drew this Bunkaiya myself. >.>; Enjoy.
  • Options
    shepard05shepard05 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    I would like to know how much has Star Trek and the role of Nog influenced his life?
  • Options
    dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    Can you dance the Ferengi Love Dance on camera with Al and Morrigan?
  • Options
    random909random909 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    So, what if you took your father's favorite staff, without him knowing.... Would he be upset by the way it was used? Or a very proud father? :)
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    What got you interested in playing a role, as a ferengi on Star Trek?
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    How did you like working with the people from Voyager when you did that small role as a Kazon?

Did you prefer the Kazon or Ferengi makeup?
  • Options
    jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    No question, but am extremely happy to see him back playing the part so enthusiastically. It's great to see that he's a gamer who appreciates what is being done with his character's progression.
  • Options
    kimonykimony Member Posts: 571 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I don't really have a question but I am quite looking forward to this as I always loved Nog and his voice overs were well done. I've be rewatching the "Nog" episodes of DS-9 again. During downtime today I watched "Treachery, Faith and the Great River"
    Good Nog episode and good Weyoun episode to boot.

Thank you Aron love your work, hope to see more.
    tumblr_mu8ovg623u1s79vp8o5_250.gif

#SaucersForever #TrianglesCutDeep #TeamBeta #ShipOneisNumberOne
  • Options
    oldkhemaraaoldkhemaraa Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    My question: Why haven't you come to play with us sooner then this? *grin* After all, you do Game, And Nog has a cousin. His name is Grom. Mybe you'll go look him up over at Subspace radio.

Thank for dropping into STO and being Nog again.. Looking forward to the rest of missions with you in it. Waiting to see Nog go all starfleet on the bad guys! Especially in the ship he has, which all of my fed toons have flown. It's very much a little power house of a ride. And if the ships of yours isn't the fleet refit version, let us know, we'll hook you up.
    I know I got some fed side buds I could mention it to.
    "I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
  • Options
    suranyilaszlosuranyilaszlo Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Hello!

I was excited to hear, that Aron joins the staff of STO. Nog was one of my favortite characters as child, I have watched his developmen in DS9 and also read all the comics of Starfleet Academy and all the later novels depicting him. I also remember, that Aron was writing a comic himself, which was quite interesting (Nog was helping a klingon exchange student on Ferenginar), I hope, that we will see something similar in STO in the future, like a few episodes taking place on Ferenginar, where we could recieve proper ferengi military costume, weapons, and ride on the sluglike native animals of the ferengi guard in the swamps. My question to Aron: will he make more comics or novels himself? Like a personal Captains Table novel about captain Nog, or something like that?
    Thank you for the answers, and good work!
    Post edited by suranyilaszlo on
  • Options
    wired2thenetwired2thenet Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    What was your favorite episode, and why?

Also, if there had been a spinoff focussing on your character, what would you have liked to have seen done with him?
  • Options
    reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    I'll have to catch it on replay, but am looking forward to it, and also to the DPSer complaints that he is using the wrong gear.
  • Options
    freakiumfreakium Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    My question:
    > Do you enjoy a good root beer?
    m12Pkoj.png
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    Would you like to continue your character in the game? Where would you like to see him go next in the story?
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    johnnymo1johnnymo1 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    Is Aron Eisenberg going to be the first Trek alumni that is actually going to play the game as the character they played on tv?
  • Options
    neanciusneancius Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Just for this time, I'm going to take khamseenair's place for this:
    When is that in your time zone?
  • Options
    kasrakenkasraken Member Posts: 213 Bug Hunter
    How hard was it to find work as an actor after playing such a stereotypical role for so long in star trek.. Were there any serious offers for you other than ones which tried to lock you into a character similar to Nog?
    MacoShield_zpsus2ux3rw.png
    Operational Support Team
    Squishing Bugs for a better future
  • Options
    baves1baves1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    If you could influence the writers, what aspect of the Ferengi civilization would you like to see brought to light in STO? I mean they seem so one dimensional in the story lines (greedy and all about profit) but the character you played as Nog hints at a greater theme of intense curiosity running through the backstory of the species. Finally, which country or system of government do you think the Ferengi mirror today?
  • Options
    burritobarrett11burritobarrett11 Member Posts: 6
    what was the most fun/interesting thing to you about being a part of star trek?
  • Options
    tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited June 2015
    ccs46 wrote: »
    What is your favorite rule of acquisition? Mine is #31 Never make fun of a Ferengi's mother ... insult something he cares about instead.

I can't answer for him, but I got Aron to sign my old Ferengi Rules of Acquisition book from 1995, and he signed it on Rule #48: The bigger the smile, the sharper the knife.
    johnnymo1 wrote: »
    Is Aron Eisenberg going to be the first Trek alumni that is actually going to play the game as the character they played on tv?

Perhaps, but I did show Robert Picardo his character in Mindscape, at the San Francisco Convention last year.

Edit: Actually, no. Garret Wang came by and played through some of Mindscape as himself.

Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • Options
    medalionemissarymedalionemissary Member Posts: 612 Arc User
    Can you convince your other DS9 co-stars to do some voice work for STO? :smiley: So it's like a mini-reunion in an MMO?!
    Deep Space Nine in HD, make it so!
  • Options
    ronanobrienronanobrien Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    johnnymo1 wrote: »

Robert McNiell, my friend. Tom Paris started the entire thing for the Iconian conflict we are currently in. And the man behind HIM reprised as Tom, and that was Mr. McNiell.

Not mentioning Michael Dorn (Worf), and Tim Russ (Tuvok), Robert Picardo (the Doc), Jeri Ryan (the sultry Seven of Nine), and my personal favorite Garrett Wang (Harry Kim).
  • Options
    sliger1rockssliger1rocks Member Posts: 1
    my question: How do you think of Max Grodénchik, being that he played your character's father?
  • Options
    willliam123willliam123 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    How do you think of Avery Brooks Since he was Nogs mentor for Star Fleet Academy?
  • Options
    stargate4astargate4a Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Who of the cast on DS9 was the funnest to work with, the class clown so to speak, & what was the biggest or funniest prank that you remember? Thanks for you time in helping the game & fans again..
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    Having seen the game, do you have an account and do you (or have you started to) play sto?

Did they explain the ingredients of "Nog's Nog" the winter event drink to you, and would you try drinking it?