test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

STAR TREK ONLINE: Labyrinth - foundry mission

cers001cers001 Member Posts: 286 Arc User
-Enter the Labyrinth of the body and mind

This is a promo for my new star trek online foundry mission;
It takes place ENTIRLEY within the 23rd century mirror universe and fallows David Mack’s novel “Sorrows of the empire” as the basis

Promo video
Mission poster

@maquis
Federation side mission
Basic foundry mission access
Level 31+
OUT NOW!
CVN-65 U.S.S. Enterprise - A ship so badass it survived John McCain.
Post edited by cers001 on

Comments

• Options
    rararezrarararezra Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    What is the project number?
    BannerAd.jpg?attachauth=ANoY7cqKGfmigEaa_Mj-3pbccgK-CzMTV1kHbjirr85d8RZ625XogaajKJO_2YL_60T-sG4EfHAbI_j6tB_eIU_kOpughtVZHD0Wj9iKkT7vr7B4Tclv3WCF5JpCIBoHq_SDi_ww94009Bcgb1o09AsCl_w8CIvwJ6miWwXbRQ0IsthtJEhe4iBfs1UuPTYKZdYlRcfN9-mZrfRvHQu10ERy5i17BZJ1bA%3D%3D&attredirects=0
  • Options
    lincolninspacelincolninspace Member Posts: 1,843 Arc User
    I'll take peek
    A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM
    Parallels: my second mission for Fed aligned Romulans.
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Overall feedback
    I like the premise, there was some pretty good map work, some of the objectives were well used, and overall it was a very creative use of the foundry (you handled the setting quite well :).) But there were some issues that made it less fun than it could be. The mission, to some extent, happens at you. You spend a lot of time with the small details (ex. decks, transporters) but not enough on the big important plot points (ex. now we're in a (spoiler)). If you work those out for yourself then you can see there's a neat story going on here. However, I think you need to dedicate a bit more of the mission to exploring major events as opposed to briskly moving us along them (as not all are familiar with the original source material.)

Good starting point (I like the idea of a parallel character I can be a real, imperialistic jerk with), but a few rough edges to work out. :)

Nit picks (ie. minor things)
    -A few grammar/punctuation slip ups
    ---Too many paragraph breaks.
    ---Defence/Defense
    ---"Is no just a defence facility"
    ---Debatable use of semicolons.
    -Combat difficult
    ---Should probably scale down defense "turrets" from battleship to cannon fodder (or else just use battleships).
    ---Scale back use of high level NPC groups in ground combat.
    ---Final space combat was also quite excessive (two would have worked fine).
    -Why does my engineer get all the lines? Sci and Tac need screen time too!
    -Consider using dialog pop ups rather than a repeatedly spawning NPCs for single lines.
    -Some objectives are a little redundant (only really need to tag one and beam the lot. :))
    -There's probably a little too much ground combat. I think you can simplify some maps and objective sequences to more succinctly present the mission (ex. Klingon simulation, you didn't need to use that whole ground map. Just have a couple of short combat sequences and then move on to the important stuff.)

Technical issues
    -Progress was blocked on first objective of "Surging Power" section until the enemy unit stuck behind the orange grating was killed by boff's quantum mortar. If I didn't have that power slotted the mission would have broken.
    -The way custom costumes were assigned, the final boss turned out to be an aid to boss rather than intended boss.
    Post edited by duncanidaho11 on
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    cers001cers001 Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    Yeah I know the spelling isn't top notch and grammar along with it the "turrets" were desgined to be difficult you are after all assaulting a starbase that it took an entire fleet of Klingon warships to breach DS9's defense systems but I couldn't do all that and the whole idea is your ship and its ground troops are taking on an entire starbase and I understand that some of the objectives could be toned down but it was done for consistency but I will take out a few

I am sorry about the orange gate problem I thought I got rid of that issue guess not, I'll fix it and the custom costume what do you mean?
    CVN-65 U.S.S. Enterprise - A ship so badass it survived John McCain.