test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Is Delta Rising the best expansion and do the players love it?

2»

Comments

• Options
    claudiusdkclaudiusdk Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Yes
    Best expansion? Dunno really, maybe?
    Do I like it? Yes.
    "Please, Captain, not in front of the Klingons."
    Spock to Kirk, as Kirk is about to hug him.
    Star Trek V: "The Final Frontier"
  • Options
    crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,807 Arc User
    No
    I have a feeling this poll will follow the same destiny as the originals threads opened last December. For what was worth...it was a GREAT laugh back then but some don't have a sense of humor. Enjoy while it last.

http://memegenerator.net/instance/56985409
    DUwNP.gif

• Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Yes
    dgdolph wrote: »
    Question: who the hell are you to be telling me what I should or should not be enjoying? If you think that Cryptic is nothing but a sham for a Russian organ harvesting gang, and DR their greatest scheme, then by all means go play something else. No one here is hoisting their love/like/ambivalence toward STO on you. Please feel obligated to do the same.

1) I'm not telling you not to enjoy STO. I'm saying that I can't understand how people can still find some fun in this game.

2) Who the hell are you telling me to go and play something else?

3) I already quit months ago. I just log in from time to time to chat with some friends and see how the fleet that I once founded is doing.

1. Given #3, #2 is a point you can hardly disagree with. I may be some oik on the internet but I'm telling you what you told yourself perhaps months ago. You could make a thing of it, but then where does that leave you?

The point with this one is that soap-box ranting isn't appreciated. Discussion? Sure, that's ostensibly why this forum exists. But when you lead into things with rhetoric fit for little else than a propaganda campaign you can't claim to be "just sayin'" anything. You're prodding, or at the very least trying to use a spurious argument about the moral degradation of another party (whomever it may be, cryptic only being the most convenient foil) for your own [implicit] self-adulation.

2. You're telling us/me that you can't see the sense in enjoying STO now. That's not an unbiased call for information (not after your first post established what the "facts" of this case are), that's just slamming people for not behaving as you think they should (ie. agreeing with your point of view and thus behaving sensibly.)

You may not truly understand where people are coming from but such is the case with just about every subjective disagreement. Take music. Are you being constructive when you say "I can't understand why people like Aba?" No, you're criticizing them by any conventional interpretation of the use of that question in modern dialog (which undermines any pretense to objective discussion.) It places the responsibility for justifying a taste on them, where YOU should be the one to stand back and appreciate the fact that tastes almost inevitably differ.

Now where does this leave DR? Well its contentious. You don't like it. Some others agree, but still others don't. Enough has been said over the past few months to fully lay out each sides point of view (see. dead horse). Even if you weren't here for that it should be apparent, by the fact that there are still people noticeably playing DR's content, that saying "its irredeemable and insubstantial TRIBBLE, now why the hell are y'all still here?" (paraphrasing) isn't at all reasonable, at least to one looking to understand people.

Personally, I liked the art, style, tone, writing, voice acting, AI design (the vaadwuar are responsive to combat), gameplay balance (after NPC health scaling was tweaked), level design (trench warfare+bat'leths=fun), and systems (eg. crafting and R+D, beyond how they work its provided lower-profile players a reliable means of securing in-demand resources for significant profit). I know you don't see those points, but I know that's because you don't share the same priorities.
    Post edited by duncanidaho11 on
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    kristaswiftkristaswift Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    No
    Yes WE LOVE it
  • Options
    thestargazethestargaze Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    Yes
    I loved the Story. I loved that we are in the delta quadrant and could meet some of the old cast of VOY and got to be inside Voyager. I didn't love that there was a patrol mission every second mission (I still haven't done all, my ship couldn't handle it). I actually like Kobali although I haven't been there much lately ( I might go there a few times still got toons that are not levelled)

Having that said,.. Romulan expansion was probably better. At least it felt like a bit more content.
  • Options
    robyvisionrobyvision Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    Yes
    Delta rising is the best expansion ever and the players love it. <3<3<3
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    Really? You're starting up this again? No, I'm tired of it. There's a difference between being justifiably angry, and justifiably angry and then trying to inflame the situation more with this. Closing this down.
This discussion has been closed.