test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Command cruiser abilities /generating inspiration?

Right now i am not using any command abilities but normal Engineer/Tac/Sci abilites. And i noticet that it takes very long to get my inspiration to 100% no matter if i am doing a patrol alone or an STF with 4 other players. only when i use a Tac ability the "inspiration-meter" gains about3% .

I can use them once, maybe twice in an STF but sometimes not even once in patrols or other Missions. I think it would not hurt to raise the inspiration created by Tac abilities or increase the auto-generation of inspiration. i mean usually i can use intel abilities more often

Comments

• Options
    hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    To quote the Inspiration Mechanic:
    When the Command ship or its team mates activate any Bridge Officer ability, all Command Ships on the team will receive a small amount of the Inspiration resource. Command Bridge Officer abilities generate additional Inspiration.

If you want it to go faster, you need to equip the 3-pc console set for a 33% boost to Inspiration per BOFF skill used.

Otherwise, you will need to use BOFF Command abilities to generate a larger % per use, and hope your nearby teammates are spamming their own BOFF abilities (Command or not) often.

As well, the ships were intended to be used to support a team. If you go solo, you won't be generating as much Inspiration unless you have the 3-pc console set and also use Command skills.

It'd be nice if they increased the gain rate some across all BOFF skill use (obviously with Command skills granting more), if only to help those out who do not own all 3 ships for the same faction when running patrols or missions. Throwing those that only bought one or two Command ships a bone (though it will consequently be a buff for those who own the 3/9-pack bundles, and allow them to use Inspiration abilities even more often).

The only other means of trying to build it up faster is either an A2B build (which isn't as useful as it once was) OR getting a Xindi Tac BOFF, the Delta Rep Console, Temporal Negotiator (if you completed one Delta Recruit during the event), Reciprocity Starship Mastery (if a Fed), have the AHOD Starship Mastery, and play as a Tac. Maybe throw in the Mercenary Contract 3-pc Lobi set. Those will all cut down the CD rates some and allow for faster turnover. But it's costlier than an A2B build.
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    "Inpiration" is a failure. The abilities are pretty sweet but it takes way too long to build up. Then there's the pretty lengthy cooldowns. Of the Gimmick Specialization Abilities of Gather Intel, Inspiration, Pilot Maneuvers, I'd rank them in usefulness:

1. Pilot Maneuvers - Immunity for several seconds and recharges in barely over a handful of seconds. Nothing else in the game is as powerful as this with that kind of availability. This enables the very light hulled Pilot Ships to stay alive from insane fire that other ships may wither down from.

3. Gather Intel - Effects aren't as powerful as Inspiration but has more availability. More debuffs to land on a target and other Intel Ships focused on the same target can also pile on the Gather Intel stack.

And a very distant...

3. Inspiration - Powerful team-wide effects but horrible availability. The fact that you need the 3 console set to make it any useful with slightly better availability is a damning factor for Inspiration.
    XzRTofz.gif