test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

James Horner died

One of the best orchestral composers for movies has died. Noone is memorializing him on Vulcan. What gives?? Im very dissapointed

Comments

• bumperthumperbumperthumper Member Posts: 513 Arc User
    I JUST heard this on the radio the second i came across this post. That's just creepy.

...but let's just forget that he did the titanic soundtrack to separate his memory from Celine Dion. I wouldn't wish that upon my worst enemy.
    A proud member of The Collective ARMADA
    NOT A FAN OF ARC!
  • velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    This was very sad news. :( RIP Mr. Honer.
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • phenomenaut01phenomenaut01 Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    Give it time, the news is still spreading. I for one will be listening to the Wrath of Khan soundtrack (as well as some of his other scores) while I'm playing tonight. I usually have a Star Trek playlist going anyways, but tonight it's all Horner music.
  • thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    I just wish the news would do him the decency of mentioning some of his non-Titanic movie scores.

It's a shame when good composers get shackled to bad movies.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • jbmonroejbmonroe Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    Yup--it's an all-Horner soundtrack for me tonight--sans Titanic, of course.
    boldly-watched.png
  • truewarpertruewarper Member Posts: 930 Arc User
    A very sad day... Heaven Bless.
    52611496918_3c42b8bab8.jpg
    Departing from Sol *Earth* by Carlos A Smith,on Flickr
    SPACE---The Last and Great Frontier. A 14th-year journey
    Vna res, una mens, unum cor et anima una. Cetera omnia, somnium est.
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,530 Arc User
    Very sad... Excellent music, despite the Titanic...

However, I may be completely wrong, but the OP sounds as if he's being sarcastic regarding the vigils held on Vulcan the day dear Mr. Leonard Nimoy died... Horner will be missed, but he was no Nimoy. And if you're indeed being sarcastic, then I'm disappointed...

If the OP's intent was not to be sarcastic, then disregard the above paragraph...

CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 698 Arc User
    James Horner is one of my two favorite Trek composers (along with Alexander Courage). Since Mr. Courage's name appears on the memorial, as does Mr. Goldsmith's, I am sure that Mr. Horner's will soon be there, too.

Rest in peace, Mr. Horner.
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,450 Arc User
    A great composer whose music will be long remembered and will still be listened to for many years to come.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • ovenusarmanioovenusarmanio Member Posts: 6,772 Community Moderator
    R.I.P. James Horner.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    One of the best orchestral composers for movies has died. Noone is memorializing him on Vulcan. What gives?? Im very dissapointed

indeed also Paul McCardle who did the wardrobe of one TOS episode died in 1993, also Carl Daniels who worked on sound in TOS died in 1991, and who could forget Hazel Keats a hair stylist in TOS who died in 1970.
    why are their names plus all the others that were involved in the production of one of the star trek incarnations that have died this is outrageous.

although I feel sympathy for any of these people and their relatives you have to draw the line somewhere or this is going to get ridicules.
    you are turning Vulcan into the star trek sematary.
    Post edited by bobbydazlers on

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• bradchristopher1bradchristopher1 Member Posts: 307
    crm14916 wrote: »
    Very sad... Excellent music, despite the Titanic...

However, I may be completely wrong, but the OP sounds as if he's being sarcastic regarding the vigils held on Vulcan the day dear Mr. Leonard Nimoy died... Horner will be missed, but he was no Nimoy. And if you're indeed being sarcastic, then I'm disappointed...

If the OP's intent was not to be sarcastic, then disregard the above paragraph...

CM

The OP's intent was not to be sarcastic, Horner wrote the musical scores for Star Trek's Wrath of Khan and Search for Spock, two very defining episodes in Trek lore and are indeed cannon. I too hope James Horner's name is added to the additional plaque of contributors to the legacy of that which is Gene Roddenberry's Star Trek.

Now if we could only get some of the cannon music soundtracks added to the carousel of music played within Star Trek Online...only time will tell.
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    So sad to hear of his passing. I was actually listening to Star Trek II - The Wrath of Kahn soundtrack yesterday. I got a few of his soundtracks including Aliens, Glory, and Apollo 13. I guess someone else will be called upon to compose the soundtrack for Avatar 2.