test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

T6 avenger in the News section.

f9thretxcf9thretxc Member Posts: 505 Arc User
Anyone else as excited over this one as I am? Next to the Excelsior, it is my favorite Cruiser second to none. I've used it with both Engineers and Tacs, and have never had a problem with it.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9416803-star-trek-online:-tier-6-battlecruisers

The article also says we will be able to use the old skins as well, which may be a plus, as I'm not sold on the saucer section of the upgrade. I'll have to see it in game. Not that I am in anyway poopooing the artist who worked on it, respect always to the work they do.
My mother always told me to walk away from a fight, The Marines taught me how.

Comments

• Options
    nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    Do they HAVE to make the KDF ships so butt ugly? Just lately they've looked awful compared to the Mogh. Thank god you can use the older skins.
    server_hamster6.png
  • Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,637 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    That Trait sounds pretty OP if you're running a Drake build with 2 different Emergency Power to X and 2-3x Damage Control Engineers for high up time on EPtW.

The console sounds nice, decent passive, potentially useful active/expire ability.

No mention of Hybrid seating, maybe Command?

I'll have to see it in-game to make a full judgement on the looks, but not a fan from the blog and leaked pics. Needs a large round saucer with a hole in the middle like the Scryer's, an all black paint job, and DHC hardpoints on the hull to get it what they heavily implied that the Avenger was supposed to be a take off of.
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    At least the T6 Avenger skin looks way better than that awful T5 version. For all the statistical greatness of the Avenger, I would not fly that thing due to how it looks. The same way some wouldn't fly the superior Eclipse due to looks ;)

I don't mind the T6 Mogh skin though the "saucer" part isn't to my liking. However, not like you can't use the previous Mogh parts anyways, and the T5 version looked pretty decent to begin with.

T6 Mogai? That one I'm looking forward to the most of these 3. For ages and ages, the Mogai was my favorite Warbird in both PVP and PVE. I remember lighting guys up real good with the Mogai.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    The T6 Avenger looks really sexy, if the stats are alright, i'm sold.
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    The Mogh looks like it had a horrible accident :disappointed:
    But since I have a Negh'Var on my Kling, a D'D on my Klungulan and other ships on my fed chars I'm not interested in that particular release.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou