test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Last post

alexmakepeacealexmakepeace Member Posts: 10,633 Arc User
Well, it is with both sadness and satisfaction that I make my last post. Sadness because a great project has come to an end, but satisfaction because as soon as I finish making and placing the post, The Great Forum Wall will be complete!
depositphotos_7581284-Skansen-museum-in-Trzcinica-reconstruction-palisade.jpg

This wall, years in the making, now completely encircles the forum. Its purpose is to impede the movement of trolls, and hopefully prevent them from crossing. Of course, there are trolls on both sides of the wall already, but hey, I do what I'm told.

This should not be an impediment to normal people. There are numerous gates placed in the wall, such as the one below, which should allow normal people to pass freely while preventing trolls from passing.
Cedar-Gates-1205AT.jpg

The gates function by exploiting the Troll Reflex to All Movement (TRAM). When faced with an object capable of movement, such as a person, precarious boulder or, in our case, a gate, the troll's nociceptors (pain receptors) activate at low levels, followed by the Discoball Release Irritable Pathways (DRIP), which override all motor control until the troll drops a disco ball and incites the target object to motion, at which point the troll's body releases near-dangerous amounts of dopamine. As gates are unaffected by disco balls, the troll becomes stuck in DRIP mode and simply stands there, gritting his/her teeth until night falls and the gate is no longer visible, at which pint he/she will flee.

I am told my next project will be more ambitious: installation of a Banish Anti Necro Fire System. Supposedly, this expensive and elaborate system can put out flame wars, and is automatically activated when it senses the heat of flaring tempers. I have my doubts about this system, but maybe it can at least slow the flames down.
sprinkler_discharge.jpg

See ya around the forums! :p

Comments

• Options
    hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
    What if... what if a "normal" is on the inside and happens to see a discoball trap in action and is unintentionally drawn into these dopamine releases? I'm not saying me, but I'm not not saying me.
  • Options
    My experts say that you should be unaffected by the trolls' dopamine as long as you remain outside their brains.
  • Options
    hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
    What if........ What if...................... I'm walking along, minding my own business when suddenly, *trip*, *stumble*, BAM, I'm in a troll brain, by no fault of my own. Then the troll brain goes into overload and my feet can't get unstuck from said brain ripples, consuming my foot like some kind of unaware monstrosity. (Asking for a friend)
  • Options
    comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
    I'm confused now. You completely lost me there Alex... BTW... The auto flame system... I'm totally digging it... We really need that nowadays!
    6tviTDx.png

• Options
    hawku001x wrote: »
    What if........ What if...................... I'm walking along, minding my own business when suddenly, *trip*, *stumble*, BAM, I'm in a troll brain, by no fault of my own. Then the troll brain goes into overload and my feet can't get unstuck from said brain ripples, consuming my foot like some kind of unaware monstrosity. (Asking for a friend)
    If you fall into a troll brain, you'll go "Eeeeeeeeeew!!!" because troll brains are approximately the same consistency and appearance as dog TRIBBLE.
    I'm confused now. You completely lost me there Alex... BTW... The auto flame system... I'm totally digging it... We really need that nowadays!
    That's the secondary defense. If you get too close to a section of wall with no gate, confusion generators kick in. Since trolls reflexively flame anything that confuses them, they just stand there, insulting the wall until they run out of insults and flee. Normal people just go "Huh. That's weird." and wander off to get back to what they were doing.
    (This is just a joke thread because I saw someone making an "I quit" thread entitled "Last post" and thought of the pun.)
  • Options
    mjarbarmjarbar Member Posts: 2,084 Arc User
    So what happens to there stuffs?

Does just drop for other players to get? Does it just dissapear in a puff of logic? Or does the Arch Mage Trendy get first dibs?
    hZbIdbh.jpg
    THANK YOU FOUNDRY - YOUR CONTENT GAVE ME MANY HAPPY HOURS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    Generally, trolls will flee at nightfall, but in the event one does stay until it whithers away, the first person to come along can claim their stuff. Of course, since trolls are insufficiently talented to get anything but disco balls, that's usually all there is.