test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Frequency of various Risian birds

Anyone else notice that the Risian birds are nearly always Seasprays this year? I think I've had one Firespray and two Passion Wings - the rest were all Seasprays.

I mean, I know from a game standpoint it makes no difference, and I'm not trying to collect one of each or anything. It just strikes me as odd, and yet very indicative of the way things tend to get broken in this game.
"You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
--Red Annorax

Comments

• gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    Random numbers are random. I have gotten all varieties. At one point I had five different types on one character at the same time.
  • sojournerxsojournerx Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    I've gotten mostly Passion Wings and Grottos's...
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    I've seen a fairly even mix myself.. Though it does seem that the chance of finding eggs during the Horga'hn Hunt has gone down this year, if that means anything...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    OK, so long as some folks are seeing a better mix, it must just be the Cryptic Not-so-random RNG again. Not a big deal. :)
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • jbmaverickjbmaverick Member Posts: 935 Arc User
    My most common by far has been Sunset Streamers, although I've had at least 2 of every type so far, and Seasprays are starting to make a comeback.

The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke.
  • xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    Yap, good old RNG. Actually Seasprays are the only bird that I didn't get any of so far (of about 20-30, didn't count, on my different toons). If thousands of people try it, some will experience such sillyness, if all evened out, it wouldn't be true randomness.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries