What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New forums, so good ah!

13»

Comments

• gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    gulberat wrote: »
    Depending on what browser add-ons you're using, you can also right-click and adblock individual graphics, if it's only a few that are bothering you. I did that to one or two signatures since I got here in May.

Oooh, which add-on are you running that does this? Because there's a couple new sig pictures I'd like to block. But most of them are cool.

AdBlock Plus for Firefox gives me the option to right-mouse a single picture and block it. Just be careful when you are setting the filter rules to look for the one that blocks just that picture, and not everything hosted on that site. For instance, I don't want to block every image hosted on Tinypic; I might just want to block a single one.

Foo. I'm on an android tablet that hates Firefox and tried to kill itself when I went to install it.

At least it should help on my home PC. Thanks!
  • e1ime1im Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    That's because Vanilla is the best forums ever and the players love it! <3

So sayeth the all-knowing metrics.
  • sleel43sleel43 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    arabatur wrote: »
    Bland, uninspiring and definitely vanilla. If this was the best option, I shudder to think what could of been worse.
    Not impressed so far. In fact as I said in another thread, I never thought I'd miss VB so much.

Change for the sake of change wins again. Regardless of it was needed or desired. Not remotely impressed.
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    Depending on what browser add-ons you're using, you can also right-click and adblock individual graphics, if it's only a few that are bothering you. I did that to one or two signatures since I got here in May.

Oooh, which add-on are you running that does this? Because there's a couple new sig pictures I'd like to block. But most of them are cool.

AdBlock Plus for Firefox gives me the option to right-mouse a single picture and block it. Just be careful when you are setting the filter rules to look for the one that blocks just that picture, and not everything hosted on that site. For instance, I don't want to block every image hosted on Tinypic; I might just want to block a single one.

Foo. I'm on an android tablet that hates Firefox and tried to kill itself when I went to install it.

At least it should help on my home PC. Thanks!

Yeah, I still have to see the images on my phone, but my tablet is a Windows 8.1 running a full desktop browser, as is my laptop.

I'm afraid I can't speak to what Android apps might exist to help you. I did not have a good experience at all with Android when I tried a Samsung tablet. (Also didn't help that Samsung's quality standards have really decreased over the years...)

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • seazombie64seazombie64 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    is there even a new posts function? I am not usually a doom and gloom, but I don't like these forums. I guess I will save a measure of sanity by not reading the vitriol here daily.
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    I'm still trying it out and learning it. So far I'm 50-50 with it.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • tcgrandpa#3038 tcgrandpa Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    So good!
    is there a search function some place?
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    is there a search function some place?

In the upper right of the page, but it is VERY primitive. Boolean operators and quotes do not work, and any search you put in there will function similar to Star AND Trek AND Online, for example.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • vivenneanthonyvivenneanthony Member Posts: 1,278 Arc User
    So good ah!
    The forum is awesome. I like the bland color and nothingness. It's It easy to read. Ah inspiring.
  • alexmakepeacealexmakepeace Member Posts: 10,633 Arc User
    You forgot an option: "So eh." So far I have mixed feelings about these forums. On the one hand, yay, bigger signatures and pictures! But on the other, it's kind of broken. I can't fix those <center> tags in my sig because I get an error when I try to access my profile. Plus it's an ARC forum, ans ARC sucks.
  • daviddxxdaviddxx Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    So good ah!
    meh.. looks ugly
    Regarts
    David
    fIDFtkM.gif
    Star Trek Online
    *** Aktiv since 03.06.10 ***
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The poll should have ask us:

A ) Vanilla

B ) Chocolate
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    If it had better navigation and the Sub Forums like the Starfleet Shipyards weren't buried, I would like it more. At least we can have sig images and imbed images and videos, that's a plus.

It will just take some getting used to.

For me, Navigation, is more important than having pretty pics . . . so far, the mobile aspect of the new forum is . . . well, lackluster. Luckily, nobody uses their phone to surf the web.

Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • chaelkchaelk Member Posts: 5,727 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Not really keen on them. My one issue is now we are a part of all the other fourms, we don't have that solitude that we had on the old ones. STO forums should be for STO players not the whole Arc community. Totally dislike this new one. I know, I know, you can't please everybody.

when you are at the list of games forums. mouse over and look for the black cogwheel, drop down menu, choose hide and you won't see that lot again.
    Eazzie, I'm running it on firefox. No problems.
    as for the poll.
    option 3: this is not a proper poll, as there are only positive responses.: X
    hmm my signature runs off the side of the forums. Have to amend that.

Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    5e4fd3cb-b728-4870-849c-b007bccaf5e9_zpsqomajucn.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
    So good ah!
    Just had a sip of forums and ahhhhhhhhh...
  • nickodaemusnickodaemus Member Posts: 711 Arc User
    Er, forums....yay?
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Every new forum we get is uglier than the last. PWE must think that ugly forums will make people post less. Or they're just really cheap TRIBBLE.

And allowing video signatures and/or huge signatures is so helpful too! Of all the things to have on a POS forum they have that... looking at you, guy who posted after me.
    Post edited by dracounguis on
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    No sir, I don't like it.
  • racialstereotyperacialstereotype Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    So good ah!
    There's no page button on the bottom of the page. I have to actually scroll up and click the TRIBBLE button. God damn it PWE what the hell did you do??

THIS IS BOLLSHIT IM FILING A LAWSUIT
  • aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    Every new forum we get is uglier than the last. PWE must think that ugly forums will make people post less.

Remember how wadded they got about that "Delta Rising is the greatest expansion ever..." signature thing? Less posting = less posting of discontent. Think about it. B)