test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

If they can do Red Alerts for Tholians..

cadonycadony Member Posts: 0 Arc User
... Why can't they put in a herald red alert? The war for the fate of the galaxy really doesn't seem that important when it's ONLY taking place in a few episodes and instances. If they're gonna bombard us with silly propaganda, the least they could do is actually give us something to fight. Furthermore, with the small changes to deep space encounters, why not throw in some of those?
Post edited by cadony on

Comments

• Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The Iconian war is best experienced outside of the game, in blogs and cutscenes :D

But I agree, having more "Red Alert" variety would be nice. Random enemies, random maps, maybe even random objectives (protect the convoy, S&R escape pods, defend the outpost, destroy the command ship...) would greatly improve the game at that point - yes, a game like STO can improve longevity by providing open-ended, randomly generated content - like those they removed from the game. Oh...
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    xenificationxenification Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    angrytarg wrote: »
    The Iconian war is best experienced outside of the game, in blogs and cutscenes :D

But I agree, having more "Red Alert" variety would be nice. Random enemies, random maps, maybe even random objectives (protect the convoy, S&R escape pods, defend the outpost, destroy the command ship...) would greatly improve the game at that point - yes, a game like STO can improve longevity by providing open-ended, randomly generated content - like those they removed from the game. Oh...

Yup we've already suggested this 1000s of times over the months.

devs/mods have been silent on it though so I dont know if they listened or what not.

Would be nice if it was brought up on priority podcasts.
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,541 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    There are the Random Space Encounters which pop up all over the map. These have random enemies on random maps. Only difference I can think of is they generally do not offer Rep Marks as part of the reward. There isn't a Herald version of these, either.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,424 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    cadony wrote: »
    ... Why can't they put in a herald red alert? The war for the fate of the galaxy really doesn't seem that important when it's ONLY taking place in a few episodes and instances. If they're gonna bombard us with silly propaganda, the least they could do is actually give us something to fight. Furthermore, with the small changes to deep space encounters, why not throw in some of those?

The thing is that the Borg and tholians get ripped into pieces in those red alerts. The heralds are supposed to be demolishing the alliance so having them cut to pieces on a regular basis in a RA would make the iconian war an even bigger joke than it currently is.

Not to mention that the iconians use plenty of intel abilities and since people adapt their BFAW space bar smash we'd see a plethora of complaints about OP heralds in the RA.

Perhaps a herald RA is something that can be added once the FE series is finished, but IMO now is neither the time nor place.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Whilst the game could introduce more Red Alerts, I would rather keep the Iconian plot story-focused (and to a higher degree, within STF's). That said, I would like to see more than just Borg and Tholian Red Alerts.

Lets have some Breen and Elachi ones for starters.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    tsiretsire Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    More options is always a good thing...I would also love if the other random encounters in sector space gave the option of warping in...most times I see one and by the time I get there it's almost over...
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I think it's because the Heralds are making a limited time appearance in the game. When the war is over they will be gone so they don't want them lingering in these red alerts and don't want to make them for only 6 months of use.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    jim625jim625 Member Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Or maybe the Heralds are to scared to fight us super players :D
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Maybe because the battle with the Tholians and Borg is "timeless" - conflicts that will last for the entire game's lifespan. But the Iconian war will have an end.

But I don't know. Even if they exist only for the duration of the Iconian War storyline, they would make a lot of sense to me.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    darkspeakerdarkspeaker Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I would be happy of half the **** they put in the pilot specialization actually worked...scratch the paint, for example.