test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Why not add a mission were ya lose ya ship?

celiea32celiea32 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
Hey all so far nice work on the missions but more is needed when leveling up from 50 to 60 I had to find ways to get more xp.

Well anyways I am only posting about some new missions that I think it will be an idea on alot of episode on the Star Trek series either one or 2 episodes from each series the ship gets taken over by species but only temporarily the crew takes back their ship.

Example on the Enterprise D a group of ferengi take over the Enterprise and then small group of adults that turned into children Picard included worked away to take back the ship and succeeded.

On Deep Space Nine William T Rikers counterpart takes control of the Defiant and uses it to fight the Cardassians but eventually Sisko and Dukat manage to take the ship back.

On Voyager The Kazon takes Voyager but Suter and the Docter were still aboard Voyager and the help with Paris they manage to retake Voyager. Later on a species call the Newmary took over Voyager by teleporting the voyager crew out and newmary in. But Eventually the crew manage to take their ship back.

I have been seeing missions and missions to were the ship was close to being destroyed or being in a tight situation but your character still wins and you continue on your journey. So why not add a mission were you have to lose like an enemy takes over your own ship for example.

Your own ship gets taken by the enemy you and your crew gets dumped somewhere but works out a way to get the ship back something like this could be anything from being dumped on a space station work out taking key areas of the station then commandeered a ship and start looking for your ship ya find it and fight your own ship enough to disable the ship and beam over and take back the ship. Or you and your crew gets dumped on a planet or just your crew gets dumped on the planet then find shelter for your crew then find an enemy base do the similar thing on a space station take key areas of the base and take either a ship, or shuttles, or fighters to take your ship back. Or your crew gets dumped somewhere and you get put into the brig making it to were you can go and take back your own ship but ya have to do it alone or have 2 or 3 remaining crew members to help take back your own ship. Or lastly which will make it harder have you and your crew dumped but no way of getting out but then your ship comes back and finds out that 2 or 3 members of your own crew were still on on your ship and manage to take back the ship.

So for me I bet it will be cool to have an enemy taking over your own ship and you have to fight to take your ship back so you will at first will lose and then eventually will win. it can also be done in a number of ways having one long mission or have it in parts so when one mission completes you will be in your shuttle not your ship till you have complete the mission chain then ya get your ship back which may take a number of missions depending on how long the mission chain will go. Yea it maybe insidious at first that ya can't upgrade stuff on ya ship till ya get it back.

If ya guys like the idea you can post the comment or have ideas are welcome but please be honest.
Post edited by celiea32 on

Comments

• Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    celiea32 wrote: »
    Hey all so far nice work on the missions but more is needed when leveling up from 50 to 60 I had to find ways to get more xp.

Well anyways I am only posting about some new missions that I think it will be an idea on alot of episode on the Star Trek series either one or 2 episodes from each series the ship gets taken over by species but only temporarily the crew takes back their ship.

Example on the Enterprise D a group of ferengi take over the Enterprise and then small group of adults that turned into children Picard included worked away to take back the ship and succeeded.

On Deep Space Nine William T Rikers counterpart takes control of the Defiant and uses it to fight the Cardassians but eventually Sisko and Dukat manage to take the ship back.

On Voyager The Kazon takes Voyager but Suter and the Docter were still aboard Voyager and the help with Paris they manage to retake Voyager. Later on a species call the Newmary took over Voyager by teleporting the voyager crew out and newmary in. But Eventually the crew manage to take their ship back.

I have been seeing missions and missions to were the ship was close to being destroyed or being in a tight situation but your character still wins and you continue on your journey. So why not add a mission were you have to lose like an enemy takes over your own ship for example.

Your own ship gets taken by the enemy you and your crew gets dumped somewhere but works out a way to get the ship back something like this could be anything from being dumped on a space station work out taking key areas of the station then commandeered a ship and start looking for your ship ya find it and fight your own ship enough to disable the ship and beam over and take back the ship. Or you and your crew gets dumped on a planet or just your crew gets dumped on the planet then find shelter for your crew then find an enemy base do the similar thing on a space station take key areas of the base and take either a ship, or shuttles, or fighters to take your ship back. Or your crew gets dumped somewhere and you get put into the brig making it to were you can go and take back your own ship but ya have to do it alone or have 2 or 3 remaining crew members to help take back your own ship. Or lastly which will make it harder have you and your crew dumped but no way of getting out but then your ship comes back and finds out that 2 or 3 members of your own crew were still on on your ship and manage to take back the ship.

So for me I bet it will be cool to have an enemy taking over your own ship and you have to fight to take your ship back so you will at first will lose and then eventually will win. it can also be done in a number of ways having one long mission or have it in parts so when one mission completes you will be in your shuttle not your ship till you have complete the mission chain then ya get your ship back which may take a number of missions depending on how long the mission chain will go. Yea it maybe insidious at first that ya can't upgrade stuff on ya ship till ya get it back.

If ya guys like the idea you can post the comment or have ideas are welcome but please be honest.

Would make for a possible entertaining foundry mission!
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Boarding action inside your ship would require all ships to have full interiors (tutorials don't count since you're guaranteed to be flying the starter ship there).
  • Options
    tunebreakertunebreaker Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Can't speak for others, but my ship obliterates enemy ships within seconds, leaving them practically no time to engage transporters and bring boarding parties over to my ship.
    And also, unlike those puny ships we see on screen, force fields and other security measures actually work on my ship.
  • Options
    majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Can't speak for others, but my ship obliterates enemy ships within seconds, leaving them practically no time to engage transporters and bring boarding parties over to my ship.
    And also, unlike those puny ships we see on screen, force fields and other security measures actually work on my ship.

mhm, and if they survive that they must engage a Starfleet Fleet Admiral...that is also a Command Officer, Pilot, Intel Officer, and Commando. Did I mention said Admiral has also fought in 6 different wars and won every time? Now, what alien race are we going to con into even making an attempt.
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • Options
    yocase009yocase009 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    In my opinion our ships have gotten a bit TOO strong. Seriously, I can take on multiple Borg cubes and survive? What Federation ship alone has ever had that ability? Now, I understand this is a game, so every time we engage the borg I do not expect to be assimilated...although...that could be kind of fun. You get a surprise attack from the borg, you now become a drone and play the game as one...until someone comes along and actually does liberate you. Not just a single mission mind you, but actually a potentially long term change. How fun would that be for a recent recruit to be assimilated and then rescued by an admiral?

Could be fun...just saying.
  • Options
    cuatelacuatela Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    yocase009 wrote: »
    In my opinion our ships have gotten a bit TOO strong. Seriously, I can take on multiple Borg cubes and survive? What Federation ship alone has ever had that ability?

Voyager did.

Also, keep in mind that STO isn't that far off from canon where future episodes are concerned. In TNG's "All Good Things" (set in 2395), the Dreadnought could destroy Klingon ships with two or three shots from its phaser lance. In Voyager's "Endgame", they had transphasic torpedos and ablative armor, which was a lot more powerful in canon than it is in-game.

Both of those episodes were "possible futures" that were changed by the actions of the main characters, but they consistently showed that Starfleet defensive technology would improve significantly by the 25th century.

yocase009 wrote: »
    Now, I understand this is a game, so every time we engage the borg I do not expect to be assimilated...although...that could be kind of fun. You get a surprise attack from the borg, you now become a drone and play the game as one...until someone comes along and actually does liberate you. Not just a single mission mind you, but actually a potentially long term change. How fun would that be for a recent recruit to be assimilated and then rescued by an admiral?

Could be fun...just saying.

That wouldn't be fun, because a Borg drone has no control over its actions. Players actually can get assimilated in this game, and they lose all control until they're killed. It's not much fun to just sit there and watch a green-tinted and oddly-zoomed screen as your character just walks around aimlessly.

• Options
    yocase009yocase009 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I will give you the "Endgame" episodes where Voyager had ablative hull armor and transphasic torpedoes...however, the Borg should also be improving.

Also, in most encounters with the Borg it was either a sphere, probe, or a heavily disabled cube. I do not recall a lot of face to face cube encounters where Voyager came out ok (mostly just lucky).
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Well we can't all be Kurland.
  • Options
    adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I'd like to see a mission that involves my ship being boarded and various decisions regarding the placement of security teams affecting the difficulty of reclaiming the ship. I wouldn't go along with losing it, the AI (which is more sentient than artificial) would simply turn off life support in areas where there are no living crew members, perhaps stretching to put forcefields around them and vent the atmosphere outside those forcefields, thereby securing the ship. I doubt even Iconians can survive in a vacuum.
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • Options
    celiea32celiea32 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Well thanks for the posts guys Its a what if anyways I thought it would be cool usually the hero dosn't win all the time every now and then they gotta lose for a short time smiley: