test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

War? What war? (Herald Red Alerts)

cadonycadony Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Please, Cryptic, if you're going to bombard us with all that propaganda, you could at least give us a war to fight. As it stands, what is supposed to be a climactic struggle for the fate of the galaxy is relegated to episodes and a few instances. What the hell? Why not put Heralds in sector space? Why not have Red Alerts with Herald fleets instead? There are already THOLIAN ones, for christ sake! They're not even important to the story! Give us Red Alerts and Deep space encounters with heralds, and the war might actually seem like a war. I can't believe not one of the devs ever thought of that. I will be incredibly disappointed if they don't do something like this for the next few patches or whatever.
Post edited by cadony on

Comments

• Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,109 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Let us control one of the Starbase npc models. (Fleet) Then have the Heralds attack us in our inmobile fortress :)
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    They could have really driven home the "war" part by doing an Iconian invasion event of Risa during the summer event.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • Options
    nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Bad move. Too many players who wish to seek Jamaharon with M'Tara. *Shudders*

What goes on in subspace, stays in subspace.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • Options
    nadiezjanadiezja Member Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    We should never meet the Heralds in interstellar space, because flying around space is an activity for the lesser races. Heralds skip that.
  • Options
    alexhurlbutalexhurlbut Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    nadiezja wrote: »
    We should never meet the Heralds in interstellar space, because flying around space is an activity for the lesser races. Heralds skip that.
    So the Herald Alerts should take place around convoys, stations, and colonies/planets under attack, ah?
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Yeah, it's kind of a damn shame they overlooked doing this. Especially since this is the story they've been building up to since launch. Outside of the story episodes, this "war" is very "meh".

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    nadiezjanadiezja Member Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    So the Herald Alerts should take place around convoys, stations, and colonies/planets under attack, ah?

That would work. People were mentioning wanting to see Heralds in sector space, though, and THAT would make no sense.

Another thing that would make no sense? Heralds showing up in (most) queues. Different things in the game are set at different times, and the stories in all the queues except the Herald queues are over before the Herald Sphere arrives at Iconia.
  • Options
    quintarisquintaris Member Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    War. War never changes.
    w8xekp.jpg
  • Options
    stofskstofsk Member Posts: 1,744 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I don't really mind the absence of iconian red alerts or whatever. In my view the war is a storyline thing. You should only experience it if you're progressed to that point in the campaign. For new players or people who are still leveling this is an important consideration.

None of my characters have progressed past the romulan campaign. I don't think it makes sense for any of them to be hit by iconian red alerts when contextually they shouldn't even be at that part of the storyline.

However, I would support the equivalent of a battlezone or something along those lines for people who HAVE progressed to that point in the story.
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    stofsk wrote: »
    I don't really mind the absence of iconian red alerts or whatever. In my view the war is a storyline thing. You should only experience it if you're progressed to that point in the campaign. For new players or people who are still leveling this is an important consideration.

None of my characters have progressed past the romulan campaign. I don't think it makes sense for any of them to be hit by iconian red alerts when contextually they shouldn't even be at that part of the storyline.

However, I would support the equivalent of a battlezone or something along those lines for people who HAVE progressed to that point in the story.

I get your point, but as has been said, this is the war that this game has been building up to for 5 years. That being the case, it's no wonder so many people are underwhelmed when the war essentially doesn't exist in the weeks between the release of each new episode.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I get your point, but as has been said, this is the war that this game has been building up to for 5 years. That being the case, it's no wonder so many people are underwhelmed when the war essentially doesn't exist in the weeks between the release of each new episode.

Hey. Qo'noS still needs saving for the 7,000th time.

But yeah. The Iconian War is pretty underwhelming.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    It shouldn't be difficult to have a system in place where the game would check for two things:

1. Has the character completed Uneasy Allies?

2. Is the character level 60?

If both are confirmed, then that character can see and participate in Iconian War content. The game is capable of gating content from players. However, I'm not sure if the game engine is capable of masking/phasing playable content under certain filters.