Install Arc
Options

((Urgent)) Dev attention needed - Suspicous player activity on classic Risa map

Comments

• Options
    agentdunnagentdunn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    nightken wrote: »
    You should have used a disco ball to force em to dance. It be funny or creepier ether way is good.

Doesn't answer my question though... what is that elachi critter attack thing whatever called?
  • Options
    woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    f2pdrakron wrote: »
    this is how the Salem witch trials started.

When I read the OP, I too felt the "burn them"-vipe.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,371 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    When I read the OP, I just wondered if there was a sign outside the cave reading, "Candle Cove"...
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Fairly certain the exact same thing was reported last year during the event so obviously nothing has changed.
    Probably more noticeable now with more players going to Risa this time of year.

On the subject of boxing (or multiboxing) it is quite obvious on Risa at the moment. Just look for groups of characters with very similar names all following each other. Most will be on the dance floor, in fact last year I recall seeing whole floors covered with them.
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    grylakgrylak Member Posts: 1,594 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I remember last year, the dance floor was covered with people all lined up in EV suits. I believe people even threw on their EV suits and joined in at the dance party. I know I did that once.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
  • Options
    bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    angrytarg wrote: »
    Ten players or so should unite, dress their characters in full omega force attire, slot a flashlight and bust in that cave yelling "THIS IS A RAID!" :P

LOL, I've done that!
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • Options
    chaosgod777chaosgod777 Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    bloodyriz wrote: »
    LOL, I've done that!

Destabilized tetryon Pulsewave assault's, built in flashlight for better authenticity.
  • Options
    thelatathelata Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    i made a similar thread last year,seems they are back :eek: its also now happening on bajor,this group were all klingon,same weapon etc its in one of the buildings with lots of metal crates,i was there yesterday but cant remember which building,wont take long to find it again though
  • Options
    nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    reyan01 wrote: »
    This used to occur on the 'resort' map, during the event - at least it did in previous years (can't say I've seen it this year.

I distinctly remember, during previous summer events, a dancefloor covered in numerous bots wearing the full MACO armor.

Yes I saw groups like that last year as well.
    reyan01 wrote: »
    And on a vaugely related note; it's disapointing that many posters (in this thread) feel that they have to justify their being anywhere near said cave through fear of having a virtual finger pointed at them and being labelled EPR'ers.

This. I'd rather applaud the OP's vigilance than question his motives for being there. Arent we supposed to be explorers?
    server_hamster6.png
  • Options
    tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    nyxadrill wrote: »
    Yes I saw groups like that last year as well.

This. I'd rather applaud the OP's vigilance than question his motives for being there. Arent we supposed to be explorers?

Can anyone remember when we used to be explorers?
  • Options
    sanusisanusisanusisanusi Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Right then. You guys get the rope and the lead weights and I'll get the pitchforks. Remember, if they float they're guilty.
    sig2.jpg
  • Options
    rossclansforce1rossclansforce1 Member Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    That reminds me of the delta event where a group of the same ships in the same fleet and with the same name followed each other to a specific map for leveling.
    [img]>:)[/img]

Click to Join armadafleet.org/
  • Options
    oldkhemaraaoldkhemaraa Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Hi!
    to original poster.. They were standing around role playing... they do their role play in a private channel in an out of the way location because they don't want to be hassled, harrased or other wise bothered, or cause bother to other players. It's their way of enjoying STO other then mission play/rep grind.

Leave them alone. Did you consider just asking one of them what they were doing? Did you notice any of the fleet names? Something like "STO roleplayers fleet" tend to be a big giveaway that the folks present might be role players.

Your powers of observation and investigation need a little work there son.... Let me guess, you didn't ask anyone what they were doing did you?

Your second error was posting about it to this forum. If you can manage to get onto the forums to post about this, then you can figure out how to put in a GM ticket. To my understanding you just barely skirted the rules of posting around here, technically.

What you have done is exposed anyone wanting to use that location for RP to harrassment and greifing by ignorant putz's with no respect for anyone thats not "just Like Them"

What unforgivable is exposing any player to un wanted attention, or harassment because you THINK they might be up to something. WHICH is EXACTLY what you just did. So, a bunch of player RP'ing in the cave on the standard Risa map are now going to be hassled by a bunch of ignorant, self appointed morality cops/wanna be GM's.

Nice job jerk.. Could you at least get your facts strait before you sic the dog on people?

This is not a MMO about witch hunting. Do not witch hunt your fellow players. And do something about that ignorance yours please before you cause other people more problems.
    "I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
  • Options
    thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Numerically named identical captains disappearing and level dinging with console sounds would have to be an incredibly niche rp scene.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • Options
    alexhurlbutalexhurlbut Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Numerically named identical captains disappearing and level dinging with console sounds would have to be an incredibly niche rp scene.
    That, oldkhemaraa didn't read the thread in full.
  • Options
    rossclansforce1rossclansforce1 Member Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Khemaras is right about roll playing fleets. Some of them request permission to come aboard the fleet starbase etc.. I belonged to a jem'hadar group for a while and honestly it can be fun. There are no tricks in that spot. The sound to be honest might be how they simulate a communication badge. It does sound odd though.
    [img]>:)[/img]

Click to Join armadafleet.org/
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    "I mean to misbehave" -Malcolm Reynolds

If you're going to quote the Captain, at least do it properly!

"I *aim* to misbehave!"
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited June 2015

I thought the same. :)

And the attempts by some to discredit the OP and his observation with absurd claims speak for themselves.
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • Options
    amezukiamezuki Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Hi!
    to original poster.. They were standing around role playing... they do their role play in a private channel in an out of the way location because they don't want to be hassled, harrased or other wise bothered, or cause bother to other players. It's their way of enjoying STO other then mission play/rep grind.

Leave them alone. Did you consider just asking one of them what they were doing? Did you notice any of the fleet names? Something like "STO roleplayers fleet" tend to be a big giveaway that the folks present might be role players.

Your powers of observation and investigation need a little work there son.... Let me guess, you didn't ask anyone what they were doing did you?
    And you know all of this how?

Oh, right--you don't. You're speculating based on as little information as everyone else in this thread who hasn't witnessed it firsthand, and taking a Ready-Fire-Aim approach to your white knighting.

You might want to review the OP. Specifically the part where they had similar gibberish names, logged in for very short amounts of time before hopping to another toon, and are mostly not in a fleet. Or that most of them still had a default appearance and the starting starship.

Customization is very important to most RPers. You wouldn't catch most of them dead in a default appearance or gibberish name. Seriously, do you even know any?
    Nice job jerk.. Could you at least get your facts strait before you sic the dog on people?
    Glass houses, stones, etc.
    Fleet Admiral L'Yern - Screenshot and doffing addict
    Eclipse Class Intel Cruiser U.S.S. Dioscuria NX-91121-A - Interactive Crew Roster
  • Options
    tk79tk79 Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    It's clear that they're running bots. All facts point to it.

GMs should take note and do what they're supposed to do.
    U.S.S. Eastgate Photo Wall
    STO Screenshot Archive

• Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Hey guys, instead of jumping immediately on the OP claiming that he's just trying to bring down any RP activities, please keep in mind that there is significant potential for this to be an exploit. Just because he's bringing this up doesn't mean he's trying to have a TRIBBLE-Germany styled report your neighbor. You're not Godwin'ing, you're Godlosing! (Get it? TRIBBLE Pun!)

It's one thing to report a group of players exhibiting strange login/logout behaviors. It's another thing to generalize a group of players just simply being together on an event map. The OP did the former, but too many people are accusing the OP of doing the latter.
  • Options
    generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited June 2015
    Hey guys, instead of jumping immediately on the OP claiming that he's just trying to bring down any RP activities, please keep in mind that there is significant potential for this to be an exploit. Just because he's bringing this up doesn't mean he's trying to have a TRIBBLE-Germany styled report your neighbor. You're not Godwin'ing, you're Godlosing! (Get it? TRIBBLE Pun!)

It's one thing to report a group of players exhibiting strange login/logout behaviors. It's another thing to generalize a group of players just simply being together on an event map. The OP did the former, but too many people are accusing the OP of doing the latter.

Well said Madam Trendy!!!

Now I wanna see how this ends up... if exploit or not... or them rping or not... im so thrilled to see the end results of things like this... :squeeeee:
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,371 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    You're not Godwin'ing, you're Godlosing!
    Even after reading my Twitter feed, I did TRIBBLE that one coming.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    tunebreakertunebreaker Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Seen similar activity on Andoria under this grey (i think?) tent with consoles. Also people appearing and disappearing, staying in game for a matter of seconds and not moving, talking, doing emotes etc. Looks shady stuff.
  • Options
    zombieredshirtzombieredshirt Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2015

Hope you all are happy with your selves, you've pushed and pushed till we got slapped with bad TRIBBLE puns....tsk tsk.
  • Options
    amezukiamezuki Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    jonsills wrote: »
    Even after reading my Twitter feed, I did TRIBBLE that one coming.
    Fair is fair. What's good for the goosestep is good for the gander.
    Fleet Admiral L'Yern - Screenshot and doffing addict
    Eclipse Class Intel Cruiser U.S.S. Dioscuria NX-91121-A - Interactive Crew Roster
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Anyways, thanks for the report. I'll investigate. Closing the thread.
This discussion has been closed.