test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

are fleets worth it?

dhm1dhm1 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
edited June 2015 in Earth Spacedock
as i sift through the forums looking for info on fleets and possibly joining one i see a lot of drama and turmoil. I am left to wonder if being part of a fleet is even worth it. I was part of a fleet before but had to stop playing for a while and was removed. I like to help in projects and contribute as much as i can in any way possible but it seems like you're free to contribute but you've gotta jump through hoops to get anything. Am I wrong? Does anybody know of a fleet that doesn't have all the drama and bull?
Post edited by dhm1 on

Comments

• tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Beautiful hasnt had any drama in two years now. Primarily due to the fact that we are pretty much a collective of lonewolves and we are primarily kdf, so dont expect to see a lot of teamspeak use or rp or whatnot. i suspect thats the trade-off.

id also caution you to avoid fleets that say things like 'no drama allowed', as those tend to be hotbeds of drama...

if you want an invite just jump in channel in my sig and mention whether youre fed or kdf.
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    There are many low drama fleets. Most of them don't spend much time recruiting, they're off playing and having fun.

Fleets are worth it, not just for the gear but more for the people to team with. Find a group you like to talk to and who enjoy the same parts of the game as you.

If you see a fleet as a source of toys, then you'll never really be happy with anyone. If you see it as a collection of people you have fun with, you won't mind whether or not you have the toys.
  • fatman592fatman592 Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    In my opinion, yes, fleets are worth being a part of. For me, the biggest benefit was knowledge. And it is good to have a group of people to chat with.

I'll take the opportunity to plug my fleet, the 44th Fleet. We've been around for a long time, have maxed out everything in our main fleets, and have a global player base. We're very casual, as we understand that people have lives and other games to play. Here's the latest state of the fleet one of our Admirals posted. Feel free to look around.

There are a lot of great fleets out there, good luck finding the one that fits you.
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,545 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Yep. Sure are. Provided...

- Your Fleet mates and yourself have similar goals in mind.
    - Your Fleet mates and yourself remember this is a game without having to be reminded.
    - Your Fleet mates and yourself remember there is another human being behind that Skittles Boat and instead of trashing them, try to help them.

I think this game is much more enjoyable when it is a group effort. It is easy to "go solo" and forget we play games with other people for fun and entertainment. PCs and consoles did away with the requirement for another player and a whole generation or three grew up not knowing the joys of playing a game such as STO with others.

Of course, like any group effort, everyone has to bring something to the table. A lot of people join Fleets just to get the shinys. They miss out on a lot of things and in the long run only cheat themselves out a better game experience.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • rdm1958rdm1958 Member Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    some are

come visit us