test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Account-wide Contribution to Event Ship Please

captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
I'm glad that we can trade Favours among our characters on our accounts, but why not the Event Vouchers? Or, better yet, why not have the Event Voucher Contributions be universal across the account? That way we can skip the Account Bank and there wouldn't need to be so much extra Vouchers that need to be deleted after the Event was over.

Having to start to contribute to the account pool of ship can just be as easy as putting in that first favour, just like normal. It'll just simplify it for the player. Besides it's not like players can do the robot thing with earning Vouchers/converting Elobi Crystals with multiple characters from the same account.
Post edited by captaincelestial on

Comments

• Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Their goal is not to have us log in for x number of hours total. Their goal is to have us log in for 20 or more days.

If it was account wide then that's the same problem that caused them to remove the pearls: some people have enough alts they could finish in one day and not log in again for the whole event.
  • Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I'm not part of a Fleet, but back in my days in City of Heroes, I had characters that were part of Super Groups and others who weren't. Those SGs were mighty picky about what character I've used (as in a main character that wasn't in the SG).

Anyways, with the Lobi Crystals being able to be turned into Favours, the people with more cash would be able to buy their way very quickly compared to those that have to wait for the reset of the Floater race to get the Vouchers. (Money's tight for me right now, but I did collect about 600 a while ago which was going towards one of the ships offered at that Droza (sp?) station earlier in the year). I'm lucky to been able to have that available, while a lot of others wouldn't have.

I don't know if the Powerboarding race offers Vouchers, or if there's an award for the first one to make it, but I for one have a hard time just trying to get a flag when I get to the finish line, so I wouldn't know. So with 40 Vouchers, with a long cooldown timer, I'm glad they extended the Summer Event. All the same, that's going to be a long time to earn 1,000 of them, esp. with splitting time between characters.
  • Options
    agentdunnagentdunn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I don't know if the Powerboarding race offers Vouchers, or if there's an award for the first one to make it, but I for one have a hard time just trying to get a flag when I get to the finish line, so I wouldn't know. So with 40 Vouchers, with a long cooldown timer, I'm glad they extended the Summer Event. All the same, that's going to be a long time to earn 1,000 of them, esp. with splitting time between characters.

I see this in zone chat so much over the last few days its kinda sad that people either don't read the news or people arent explaining it very well in game.

To get the ship you need 1000 prize vouchers, these vouchers are ONLY available via the "flying high" mission given by the lady next to the floater rental and via the lobi store. If all you want is the ship you only have to do the floater course once a day and with the new unlock system, only 1 character has to do it.

The races, dance, sandcastles and hunts given lohlunat favors, these are used to buy powerboards, outfits and pets ect.

TLDR: the race does not get you the new ship