test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Increase the number of sandcastles spots

thenoname711thenoname711 Member Posts: 204 Arc User
I really, really don't get this, 50 characters per instance allowed yet only 4 or 5 spots to build sandcastles on... What are you expecting that only less then 10% of players will be interested in building?
I wouldn't say if this was the first year the sandcastle building was introduced but repeating the same mistake the second year is just plain oversight.
Please increase the number at least to 10 or 15.
Gameserver not found.
Post edited by thenoname711 on

Comments

• Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I really, really don't get this, 50 characters per instance allowed yet only 4 or 5 spots to build sandcastles on... What are you expecting that only less then 10% of players will be interested in building?
    I wouldn't say if this was the first year the sandcastle building was introduced but repeating the same mistake the second year is just plain oversight.
    Please increase the number at least to 10 or 15.

same question was asked last time and nothing was done about it. guess still nothing is done about it.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    After the first week most sandcastle spots were empty most of the day in most instances. A few of the really crowded ones had two or three people building them.

I think the devs might think this is one of those things if they ignore it then it might go away.

I also think we need more castle building spots, especially on some of the other beaches.
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    After the first week most sandcastle spots were empty most of the day in most instances. A few of the really crowded ones had two or three people building them.

I think the devs might think this is one of those things if they ignore it then it might go away.

I also think we need more castle building spots, especially on some of the other beaches.

indeed after about a week, things did calm down, but thats because players already have enough of those pearls from a previous event and so they left and the server quietened down, but thats not the case this time. its possible it may remain like this for a number of weeks before tapering off.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    There are MANY more than just 4-5 spots. The stretch of beach right by the "sand scientist" is not the only one with the buckets. They are actually spread around the island, you just have to get to em in time.
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • Options
    thenoname711thenoname711 Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Well, one must not lose hope until the end. Although the chances of this getting resolved are slim, I actually think things are getting better for players, lag finally getting acknowledged and slowly being resolved and event ships being available account-wide regardless if the character existed at the time of the event or not. So I hope it will get resolved.
    Gameserver not found.