Install Arc
Options

DPS-League Statement

13»

Comments

• Options
    sarosssaross Member Posts: 248 Media Corps
    edited June 2015
    Normally I would accept that answer, however if that was truly the case then why does the table header have the disparaging name while the one under the More Current Tac DPS Records has another name? If those records are automatically added from parses, and if someone uploaded an "edited" parse, it should have affected both names and not just the one in the header? It seems more likely that the one in the header was edited manually and not populated by an uploaded edited parse.

Simple, CLR always allowed you to parse from each captain. The second one is not the same captain that is in the 154k.
    Need help with a mission to beat it? Visit http://pilotreviewshow.com to learn how we can help!

Top DPS 102k
  • Options
    daunknownadmindaunknownadmin Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    erei1 wrote: »
    ... TO is probably the only game I know of where you can stack that much debuff on a target. And no, it's not really teamplay, it's barely having the proper build, and using your skill on a recluse. I mean, most of it comes from the pets, that's not like skill is involved there. Sure, the DPSer is probably skilled, but is he more with nanny than without ? I don't think so.

Anyway, everyone's entitled to their opinions. But in the end, it's a game.

Can I have some popcorn to ?
    Meh, I've been in a run with two recluses present and no one broke 30k. I've been in many of runs where my recluse had the highest dps in the run, so who was buffing me? (yea, phrasing). So while I do agree that builds/ships/traits/etc does plan a role, so does teamwork and pilot skills. I've copied Mal's Scimitar build when it was first put up on StoAcademy and got no where near his DPS, so again there's a bit more to just copying and pasting builds, add a recluse or two or three and bam instant 100k!

And yea, pretty much it's a game so we agree there too. It just sucks that things like this happen when all you really want is to have some fun going pew pew pew!
  • Options
    ukcaptain420ukcaptain420 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Normally I would accept that answer, however if that was truly the case then why does the table header have the disparaging name while the one under the More Current Tac DPS Records has another name? If those records are automatically added from parses, and if someone uploaded an "edited" parse, it should have affected both names and not just the one in the header? It seems more likely that the one in the header was edited manually and not populated by an uploaded edited parse.

Well I've removed the section from the website now, so again, take from that as you will

As for your questions, the tac showing not the top player as a design choice from the page that was linked by Lea. If you follow the link below to the direct section you'll see now the top score is different from the top tac, that's just how it was designed to work

here is a direct link to the section.

http://sto-league.tk/channelsite/recordtable.php
    SCM - Infected(S) - DMG Out: 11,776,567 DPS: 114,224.70 (28.7% of Team) - Pinky@ukcaptain420
    I reserve the right to have a completely different standpoint depending on my mood.
  • Options
    machel84machel84 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Why must everything be about "I have highest dps. I am awesome." ?

Why can't it be about helping each other out, providing tips for improving, teaming up with others who wish to run an STF or PVE Queue, with team mates who actually know how to play?

In another MMO, there was a group known as "Elitist Jerks", who behaved exactly like some of these individuals have done. There's a reason that group was known by that particular name.

As for the issue in question; Ryan et al, should be ashamed of themselves. If you want to create a new channel, just do it. Underhandedly kicking out people while the main (Holodeck) server is offline, is cowardly and petty. And ultimately just makes you look like a total douche. I had no interest in these Epeen-DPS channels before this drama, and I sure as hell won't be involved in any channel run by Ryan and his group.
  • Options
    maverick8711maverick8711 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    spencerb96 wrote: »
    I find what was done today extremely wrong. If you’d left and simply made your own channel/ league, I wouldn’t have cared. But kicking 7,500 players from the channels as soon as the server goes down was wrong. I can’t support these actions.

i don't think so as there was no other way to make sure tom and his caos team will not try and change everything as they want till they are back on top of the league again!

see: toms pre-dr record run was a split where !!! @Felisean !!! supported him on a recluse...
    (shows insincereness to the max!!!)
    now as he was away for long time he found hisself unable to keep up with the top as most ppl dont even want to fly premade runs with him, because of his overbearing and arrogant character!
    so basically he was simply trying to remove most ppl over him! (no matter if to any other league or wherever)

i find it totally wrong to punish ppl by banning them to an extra league or whatever just for building teams and optimising their builts... actually that is what makes the difference in high-end mmo gaming!

it is the totally right way to transfer the community by force to channels where there are no psychopath owners!

so long, mav
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

@maverick8711 does not believe in a no win scenario x5
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    This thread is getting a bit nasty so we are going to go ahead and close it
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

This discussion has been closed.