test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Should We be Lounging on Risa in the Middle of a War?

13»

Comments

• Options
    drakethewhitedrakethewhite Member Posts: 1,240 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    nadiezja wrote: »
    People are overlooking the most obvious issue here

The game started in 2409.
    It is now 2410.
    This is the third summer festival. We just had the fifth Christmas.

Not my fault. I blame the guys doing the writing for this crazy setting.

I assume that time is caught in some sort of <insert technobabble> loop.
  • Options
    jbmonroejbmonroe Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I'm-a still a-tryin' to get some o' them dang polar-bear beams 'cause I fixin' ta go fight them goldurn Raccoonians. I ain't got time for no consarned swannin' around with none o' them sons o' beaches on Risa.
    boldly-watched.png
  • Options
    spyralpegacyonspyralpegacyon Member Posts: 408 Arc User
    edited June 2015

It is now 2410.

Its all Q's fault.
    tumblr_n1hmq4Xl7S1rzu2xzo2_400.gif
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The entire fate of the galaxy hangs in the balance, homeworlds are being invaded, star bases blown up, kahless struck down and we're supposed to go to Risa and Samba and build sand castles?

Yes we should.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Aboard the ultra high speed corvette 'da red wun'

"Klinn'kar, we have overlooked the fact your high speed experiments in Qo'nos system space has left permanent subspace damage due to hitting warp speed in sector space and the trouble you caused with the romulans by 'tagging' eppohs from New Romulus orbit with high powered transorbital weaponry, let alone the fact you used valuable federation targets as gooey torpedos...but this event we cannot overlook.."

"What? Teabagging a defiler and taking a selfie via holocam?"

"No...but thats rather dishonourable, if it was anything but heralds..."

"...taking lumps of a living crystalline entity to use as a paperweight?.."

"No...please tell me its under a stasis field though.."

"...using a viral bomb to make an entire borg cube crew do the macarena?"

"No...that one is going to be used in the next KDF morale holovid..."

"...was it punching that annoying Prime directive captain on Kobali Prime after she tried to tell the KDF what to do?"

"That one caused some trouble due to the alliance, but..."

"..Oh, was it drop kicking that Romulan called Tovan across the Nimbus baroom yesterday?"

-off to the side- "expect a transmission from New Romulus command later..."

"..So, what was it I and my crew did so bad?"

"...You forgot to fill in your marauding reports for the year....and so we have to levy the most awful of sentences on you..."

"Exile..?"

"No... four weeks all paid relaxation and rest on Risa..the planet of peace..."

"...."

"....did we mention no guns or explosives are allowed on Risa and dampening fields stop your kits working and we expect to see holiday holovids?"

"...."
    "....Nooooooooooooooooooo!"
  • Options
    bobtheskull99bobtheskull99 Member Posts: 706 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The entire fate of the galaxy hangs in the balance, homeworlds are being invaded, star bases blown up, kahless struck down and we're supposed to go to Risa and Samba and build sand castles?

the fate of the galaxy is always hanging in the balance :rolleyes:
  • Options
    orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2015
    Come on bro.

Everyone deserves some shore leave every now and then...

Besides I don't go anywhere without my Tr-116, if the Iconians do invade Risa, they'll be greeted by a tritanium bullet... :cool:
  • Options
    sarosssaross Member Posts: 248 Media Corps
    edited June 2015
    One would thing that the last place you want to show up is where there is a large group or ships gathered anywhere, where you can simply beam up order death on those attempting.
    Need help with a mission to beat it? Visit http://pilotreviewshow.com to learn how we can help!

Top DPS 102k
  • Options
    cecil08cecil08 Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    burstorion wrote: »
    Aboard the ultra high speed corvette 'da red wun'

"Klinn'kar, we have overlooked the fact your high speed experiments in Qo'nos system space has left permanent subspace damage due to hitting warp speed in sector space and the trouble you caused with the romulans by 'tagging' eppohs from New Romulus orbit with high powered transorbital weaponry, let alone the fact you used valuable federation targets as gooey torpedos...but this event we cannot overlook.."

"What? Teabagging a defiler and taking a selfie via holocam?"

"No...but thats rather dishonourable, if it was anything but heralds..."

"...taking lumps of a living crystalline entity to use as a paperweight?.."

"No...please tell me its under a stasis field though.."

"...using a viral bomb to make an entire borg cube crew do the macarena?"

"No...that one is going to be used in the next KDF morale holovid..."

"...was it punching that annoying Prime directive captain on Kobali Prime after she tried to tell the KDF what to do?"

"That one caused some trouble due to the alliance, but..."

"..Oh, was it drop kicking that Romulan called Tovan across the Nimbus baroom yesterday?"

-off to the side- "expect a transmission from New Romulus command later..."

"..So, what was it I and my crew did so bad?"

"...You forgot to fill in your marauding reports for the year....and so we have to levy the most awful of sentences on you..."

"Exile..?"

"No... four weeks all paid relaxation and rest on Risa..the planet of peace..."

"...."

"....did we mention no guns or explosives are allowed on Risa and dampening fields stop your kits working and we expect to see holiday holovids?"

"...."
    "....Nooooooooooooooooooo!"

Call it. Thread over, this post wins :D
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Which tails? Caitians in bikinis or Ferasan in bikinis?

All of them *squeals* :D
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited June 2015

It is now 2410.

It's all the chroniton radiation and temporal anomalies that keeps Risa safe from the Iconians.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • Options
    bernatkbernatk Member Posts: 1,089 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2015

It is now 2410.

Earth year. What if Risa orbits like crazy? Annual summer fest every earth quarters?
    Tck7dQ2.jpg
    Dahar Master Mary Sue                                               Fleet Admiral Bloody Mary
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    bernatk wrote: »
    Earth year. What if Risa orbits like crazy? Annual summer fest every earth quarters?

Risa has a Binary Star system, so cut down the orbit by half. That means Risa celebrates Christmas every 6 Earth months. It also means Risians are twice as old as humans and Risian kids drive their cars when they're 8 years old. :eek:

Risa could conceivably be employing child soldiers in the war!
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    bernatk wrote: »

Wouldn't matter. Star Fleet wouldn't give out that length of leave that often.
  • Options
    comtedeloach2comtedeloach2 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited June 2015

Yes, we should, every war has recreation leaves because soldiers, even Klingons, cant do nothing but fight.
  • Options
    bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Wouldn't matter. Star Fleet wouldn't give out that length of leave that often.

I am granting my crew leave everytime I desire to do so. Starfleet regs me cursed.
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • Options
    yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    voivodje wrote: »
    That is actually a good idea.
    In WW2, first Christmass, the Allied Forces and the TRIBBLE's laid down their weapons, and have a soccer match.
    Now, I do not say: let us play soccer with the Iconians, but we could add something... unexpected...
    That was WWI (no TRIBBLE there, just british and germans), never heard of the same story happen in WWII.
    They played a football match, sung some christmas songs and had a good time (according to the circumstances) in no mans land between the trenches.
    (Isn't it "funny" that cryptics devs created some missions where we fight in trenches "accidentally" in the same year when WWI had its 100 anniversary? Not very tasteful by cryptic imo :rolleyes:)
    With a bit of luck, that incidend almost ended WWI, until the generals or whatever idiots where in charge forced soldiers to continue fighting.

@warmaker001b
    All "Wars" in STO where just a collection of skirmishes, obviously thats the best we can get from cryptics devs.
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • Options
    hartzillahartzilla Member Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Those Borg Red Alerts shouldn't appear for players until they reach that part of the story- but it does.

To be fair the federation tutorial kicks off the Borg invasion of the Quadrant now, so occasionally running into them does kind of make sense.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    hartzilla wrote: »
    To be fair the federation tutorial kicks off the Borg invasion of the Quadrant now, so occasionally running into them does kind of make sense.

Ah, yes. I suppose you may have point.

In real life history the Borg Red Alerts didn't come along until much later as well (with Defera as I recall) and thus that's the point in time that I link them to.
  • Options
    ginobaldelli823ginobaldelli823 Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    feiqa wrote: »
    Thoughts:

Fed Chars Ready room Doctor and ship's Counselor enter:
    "Captain(admiral) We have an urgent problem. Did you know a member of this crew has been pulling active duty for eighteen hours a day, skipping meals for the past fifteen months?"
    "What? Take that crewmember aside and see to it they get the rest they need. We can't afford mistakes in the field, you have my full authority."
    "Glad to hear it sir. We have booked your flight to Risa for the next few weeks for medically mandated shore leave."
    "What! But there is a war on!"
    "And there are other ships and commanders out there. But if you burn yourself out you won't be any use when you are needed most. They will call if you are needed specifically."
    "Alright already."
    "And leave the PADD of reports behind too."
    "Ah d*** it to h***." mutters. "Maybe I can con some ferengi into selling me one of their warships so I can get back faster."

Shoots the Doctor and the Counselor (phaser on stun) then do a site to site transport to shuttle bay, disable shuttle coms by removing the transmission dish and then setting the auto-pilot to head for Risa at warp 1. Then launch the shuttle and prceed to the Bridge where I inform the crew that the Doctor and Counselor were called away to a conference on New Talax. Then I would order a course to the nearest hot spot and make whoever is causing trouble they were sorry that they got on my bad side because I have given up eating and now have all food liquified and mixed with Raktagino's. Because the Solonae kidnap during your sleep cycle and they can't get you when you see smells and taste colors. (wait was that on stun?)
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited June 2015

Dear OP, if this is a joke or attempt at humor it should have been posted in 10 forward.

If you're serious then maybe you should, like, not bother with the summer event if you think it makes no sense. Do you honestly expect players to not participate in the summer event because there is a war going on or because you don't like it?
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    yreodred wrote: »
    @warmaker001b
    All "Wars" in STO where just a collection of skirmishes, obviously thats the best we can get from cryptics devs.

The biggest letdown was the Federation-Klingon War.

Before STO released, even in various clips on YT, it was promoted that it was going to start right away with the Federation-Klingon War, destroying the Dominion War winning alliance. It was a drastic move but it was in a ways, proper, IMO. It's classic Star Trek. Federation vs Klingon Empire, a theme that was the root of TOS and its movies and even a few flare ups in TNG / DS9 era.

Anyways, the game never truly felt there was a war. Not unless you PVP'ed long ago, back when there was still faction identity.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Before STO released, even in various clips on YT, it was promoted that it was going to start right away with the Federation-Klingon War, destroying the Dominion War winning alliance.

No game ever lives up to its pre-release hype. They promise the moon and you end up with a (fake) moon rock pet that doesn't even fill your hand.
  • Options
    oldkhemaraaoldkhemaraa Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Hey vacation starts tomorrow.. really if ya'll be so eager to give someone a hand, there's this Iconian I know. It's been rough on her, she could use an arm to lean on.

Really though some NOT SERIOUS BUSINESS stuff to go work on for a bit would be a break.. I've been a busy little STO lad, Deleated a bunch of toon, including a couple with one off very expensive ships *sigh* And recreated several of em as Delta (worked out well!) and got 3 sub 50 toons left. the rest are all 55-60. You scuse me.. might not be YOUR perfect ship, but its pretty close to what I currently have set up. And I know how to set up destroyer hulls. Vet DD's on all my toons.. lovely ships, Dyson scdi DD, fun ships... some tempral DD's a a nausican..

Destroyers have always been popular in the Empire, and not just in this universe!

So... Ferrengi eh. Ferrengi hate doing maintenance. The especially hate it when **** breaks and the latinum to fix it comes outta their pocket. And dealing with the Federation, and the Empire, and the Republic has taught them to expect belligerent, and highly violent customers when their ferrengi made stuff breaks. And hey, it's Quark. He don't like cutt'n quality, and he likes customers that come back for more. It's really a quite nice little ship. My Orion toon's are getting it. My Roms will keep their fleet Demios upgrades for now. ..cozy richly appointed bridge ((I hope they touched it up a little it wasn't bad, but they can make it more opulent, with a tight efficient ergonomic layout in the working area, and , roomy, comfortable, plush and luxurious social areas.. Yes, I am a demanding customer. I play an Orion and I do know what I like!

Be able to get the costume stuff and toys faster because reward rates on lohlnut favors is doubling and tripling. Being able to reward your self is always an encouragement! And its easy, have fun enjoy. I am gonna be sooooo busy. I got get a new floater, gotta get a new board, maybe 2...I want the spock board, but I wanna short board also.. and wasn't there yet another board type mentioned? Hummmm? SHirts.. exscuse!.. ALOHA SHIRTS! and omg there an off duty wearable off Risa...AWWW. I don't care how scary and alien you are, one of those shirts would make an Iconian look friendly and approachable!.. Have to make a special version for the Tholians.... Don't leave em out! And yes, more Risa only clothing too.

Let yourselves have fun folks... Be nice to each other. All you gotta do to get the stuff is just play.
    The serious game isn't gonna go away while you take some time of some of your other grinds..
    "I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
  • Options
    stofskstofsk Member Posts: 1,744 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    questerius wrote: »
    Weren't we also in the middle of a war for the last few years? And during the winter event?
    We were? :confused:
  • Options
    a3001a3001 Member Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited June 2015

Quit your whinging and pass the sunblock!
    Rejoice JJ Trek people....

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10052253

Why are you not rejoicing?
  • Options
    sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 900 Arc User
    edited June 2015

In real war there is a need for a real escape from the horrors in order for the combatants to retain their humanity and hope for peace. It reminds us of what is important and that life is not filled with death and destruction.

Besides, this is a game and has nothing to do with reality.... :P :eek: